• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At the end he was told that his 100th game is on Tuesday, he laughed and said he hoped it was todays! Maybe I'm reading too much into it also, but maybe he would prefer to finish on 100 games rather than 99?

Roll on September.

Been thinking about it whilst I worked downstairs and have started to come to the opinion that he will stay. Firstly, why bother to hang about to see how things work out at the club and then leave when things are clearly looking far more positive? Secondly, in response to the above, by all accounts he had an excellent match on Friday and scored an excellent goal .............it surely would have been a great way to celebrate your 100th game at the club, wouldn't it?
Cue, tomorrow morning, news of an offer, we just can't refuse, from a Championship club!!! :'(

I'm hearing rumours of bids on the table for three of our players, Grant being one of them!

Surely, PS will want to keep all the players he currently has, or has he one or two more up his sleeve?

It was.Invest in BP you tight git!:)
Or stay up for the FLS.

Phil - no speakers on pooter. No sense buying BP, although I hear you sponsors can't hear it a lot of the time anyway. :D

Saw it on Footy Focus yesterday with a glum Peter Taylor sat next to Lawro. :D

That nice Mr. Murdoch ensures I see the goals courtesy of Sky+ just in case I have any distractions at that late hour on a Saturday night. :happy:

I don't exactly think it's fair to describe Moussa, McCormack and Barrett as "rats". All were loyal and stuck by us far and above what I reckon most of us would do in the "real" world.
Agree entirely I think you'll find they were told to go as the club couldn,t afford them,with Barrett and macca never gave anything less than 100% effort even when not playing well

HTML:
I don't exactly think it's fair to describe Moussa, McCormack and Barrett as "rats". All were loyal and stuck by us far and above what I reckon most of us would do in the "real" world.

Fair enough "Old Blue Lady" my apology to these players for my comment, to be fair, I haven't experinced what its like to be a SUFC player waiting for their wages as it arrive late, last season - if my company done the same to me, I would walk away, no doubt!

Phil - no speakers on pooter. No sense buying BP, although I hear you sponsors can't hear it a lot of the time anyway. :D

Saw it on Footy Focus yesterday with a glum Peter Taylor sat next to Lawro. :D

That nice Mr. Murdoch ensures I see the goals courtesy of Sky+ just in case I have any distractions at that late hour on a Saturday night. :happy:

Laptop speakes are hardly expensive (as I'm sure you know).I bought a couple recently and they didn't break the bank.Given me an idea for your 50th though.;) Seriously I have a much better one.:)

As for BP I think it's actually pretty good value for money as far as the pre/post match interviews are concerned along with match highlights.Granted the live service is sometimes a letdown but where else can you listen to gems like the JPT Gills game?

As far as Murdoch is concerned I'd sooner buy a load of Guinness in expat Irish pubs rather than give him any of my hard earned dosh directly.:madman:
Drat.Missed Footy Focus as I got used to it being late on Mondays.:dunce:

Let's hope Grant remains our:footballer:after the deadline.At least he's someone I recognise without having to check the programme.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Laptop speakes are hardly expensive (as I'm sure you know).I bought a couple recently and they didn't break the bank.Given me an idea for your 50th though.;) Seriously I have a much better one.:)

As for BP I think it's actually pretty good value for money as far as the pre/post match interviews are concerned along with match highlights.Granted the live service is sometimes a letdown but where else can you listen to gems like the JPT Gills game?

As far as Murdoch is concerned I'd sooner buy a load of Guinness in expat Irish pubs rather than give him any of my hard earned dosh directly.:madman:
Drat.Missed Footy Focus as I got used to it being late on Mondays.:dunce:

Let's hope Grant remains our:footballer:after the deadline.At least he's someone I recognise without having to check the programme.:thumbsup:

It's going to be a fraught wait over the next 24 hours or so - fingers crossed that he stays with us. Are you confusing FF with that Football League prog that Matt Holland used to do on Monday nights? Encouraging news about the prezzie though ... :)

Been thinking about it whilst I worked downstairs and have started to come to the opinion that he will stay. Firstly, why bother to hang about to see how things work out at the club and then leave when things are clearly looking far more positive? Secondly, in response to the above, by all accounts he had an excellent match on Friday and scored an excellent goal .............it surely would have been a great way to celebrate your 100th game at the club, wouldn't it?(

I really hope you're right YBUTC - we are certainly in a much better place than we were a couple of months ago when he was given a decision. If a good offer came in for him tomorrow though, Rons unlikely to turn it down - and a higher level and more cash would Granty? Fingers crossed for a quiet day tomorrow

I really hope you're right YBUTC - we are certainly in a much better place than we were a couple of months ago when he was given a decision. If a good offer came in for him tomorrow though, Rons unlikely to turn it down - and a higher level and more cash would Granty? Fingers crossed for a quiet day tomorrow

Isn't he?..................I really don't know. Happily we are no longer quite in the situation we were in a month or more ago. However, I would hazard a guess that there are larger issues at stake here. PS is in the process of building a team which, he probably thinks in the back of his mind, may be able to get us back into League One at the first attempt. I am sure that Grant must be a VITAL element of this side and, I imagine selling him, could well bring about a fair bit of conflict between PS and RM. Perhaps I just have a fertile imagination!!!

Back