• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic:

Are we getting the hang of this, yet...?!

:headbang:

Er, how the **** is that off topic?
If somebody has commented on something which has evolved (this is allowed, remember, see earlier comments from one of the owners) from the initial topic and I just want to know one answer and quote that person directly it cannot strictly be said to be off topic?

If somebody has commented on something which has evolved (this is allowed, remember, see earlier comments from one of the owners) from the initial topic and I just want to know one answer and quote that person directly it cannot strictly be said to be off topic?

But you see, you now need to go over to the Live thread to make this point, by which time you've lost every notion of what you were doing in the first place.

Hmm. You may have a point in general. But not today, not on this thread.

Matt

The new shrimperzone rules-

1. No posting is allowed unless you are a Mod.
2. No arguing with the Mods or you will be banned.
3. If you are an old blue lady, or anybody that lives north of carlisle, you will be persecuted.
4. Only finger sandwiches will be served at the next director's meeting, served by Matt's butler chesney.

I think all replies to this thread should be deleted, and then this topic should be pinned for a while in the forums. The content should be taken IMO, with a pinch of salt. Thread will get diverted naturally sometimes, that the nature of the beast, but constant thread diverting in an unatural manner should be avoided. But then what do I care, I'm out of here soon.

Last edited:
I think all replies to this thread should be deleted, and then this topic should be pinned for a while in the forums. The content should be taken IMO, with a pinch of sort. Thread will get diverted naturally sometimes, that the nature of the beast, but constant thread diverting in an unatural manner should be avoided. But then what do I care, I'm out of here soon.

Au revoir.

I think all replies to this thread should be deleted, and then this topic should be pinned for a while in the forums. The content should be taken IMO, with a pinch of sort. Thread will get diverted naturally sometimes, that the nature of the beast, but constant thread diverting in an unatural manner should be avoided. But then what do I care, I'm out of here soon.

See now finger itching to correct that to "salt" but wondering if I need to go over to the Live thread to do so as it's :offtopic: .

Yes, that was tongue in cheek, and I think you're right as it goes. Maybe it should just be a sticky at the top of all relevant forums with a closed response.

Can I play devils advocate for a minute?
If we are all guilty of being too familiar and should be encouraged to use the PM function more, is there any chance of people's inbox's being expanded again? I know they were doubled from 50 to 100 but it's amazing how quickly they fill up. OK, there's the argument of delete your older/sent messages a lot more often but I have a selection I'd like to keep.

Threads like this make me remember why I live here. I love you guys!

3. If you are an old blue lady, or anybody that lives north of carlisle, you will be persecuted.
4. Only finger sandwiches will be served at the next director's meeting, served by Matt's butler chesney.

Chesney Hawkes?

J........you are so getting greens for that.

Although i am not saying that i agree.

:whistling:

You see now i am unsure if i just diverted the thread by saying J........you are so getting greens for that.

Ow well, i am sure that i will get told either way

Can I play devils advocate for a minute?
If we are all guilty of being too familiar and should be encouraged to use the PM function more, is there any chance of people's inbox's being expanded again? I know they were doubled from 50 to 100 but it's amazing how quickly they fill up. OK, there's the argument of delete your older/sent messages a lot more often but I have a selection I'd like to keep.

What a lovely day it is today ......No Rich the PM boxes cannot get any bigger because most people don't bother emptying there's
so it takes up a lot of space..I think for the record everybody should take a :chill: here....The Owners are only trying to do what is best for the Zone members overall ..It is not personal to anybody in particular...The "Live" chat thread is there for the purpose of just that ...banter and random chatting, hence why it was born.....Lets all try to play nice and please appreciate we value every member of the Zone and only make the changes/rules for the benefit of the Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back