• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear:

This thread wasn't about singling any particular individuals out for blame. The spectre of "cliques" has had many guises, with different members, at different times during the life of the Zone. Remember SZFC pos-repping each other? I for one thought that that was causing a lot of grief on the Zone, so we had to act to change things. It was unpopular at the time, and dare I say it... the Zone is a happier place for it now.

Thread diversion is simply another manifestation - an unfortunate one, not necessarily intentional, not created with malice-aforethought, but one that lives and breathes all the same - of a clique.

Cliques are bad for SZ.com... and so we have had to act to ensure that this particular clique does not continue doing what it currently does.

For my money, I don't want to block anyone's posts from view. Everyone - individually - has valid and interesting input to make on a huge range of topics.

It's only when a group of those individuals unintentionally forms a clique that there becomes a problem - and it's that that we're addressing in this thread, nothing else.

We loves ya all, honest. Even Bluetonic.

Matt

No, I bl00dy don't. I tell you, I was shaking I was so cross earlier, have calmed down a little now, but heart is still pounding a lot faster than usual.
Like I said to you the other day, you get this highly strung over a forum, maybe you should consider doing something else as well. Crown green bowls, watching the complete Wrestlemania collection, eating haggis, downloading the latest Kooks album, writing that saucy novel you've always wanted to write, darning socks, growing a beard, pontificating, debating the merits of Supergrass, listening to TMS at 3am, reading the paper, sipping a cool mango juice...

I really am :stunned:

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you are currently on course to be 'top poster' on SZ.com would it?!

They don't call me sherlock for nothing :sherlock:

No not at all!
I need this to get me through 8 hours a day of dull office work!
People have got higher averages of posts a day than me & also got higher rep so not bothered at all!
Guess I've just got a lot to say (feel free to go through all I've posted so far today & see where I haven't fulfilled the criteria at the top of this post!)

Like I said to you the other day, you get this highly strung over a forum, maybe you should consider doing something else as well. Crown green bowls, watching the complete Wrestlemania collection, eating haggis, downloading the latest Kooks album, writing that saucy novel you've always wanted to write, darning socks, growing a beard, pontificating, debating the merits of Supergrass, listening to TMS at 3am, reading the paper, sipping a cool mango juice...

I do get highly strung, and not just about this. I also get seriously indignant. I wish you hadn't started that list with bowls as apart from that it seems a reasonable enough thing to say.

Can we highlight this as an example. Wouldn't it have been easier just to PM rather than the world of SZ.com knowing you were PM-ing?!

I thought the whole point of private messaging someone was that it was.... well... private...!

But now i feel very important.

Can we highlight this as an example. Wouldn't it have been easier just to PM rather than the world of SZ.com knowing you were PM-ing?!

I thought the whole point of private messaging someone was that it was.... well... private...!

See now, I disagree. Surely that's a matter of politeness in acknowledging the original post.

Would it be a bad suggestion to create a Drivel Area so that people can just talk Bollox if they feel that need with out fear of being castigated for it.

Knowing the entire mind numbingly boring no related uninteresting off topic crap that i spout.........I could set up home in it!!!

Yes....sorry

Would it be a bad suggestion to create a Drivel Area so that people can just talk Bollox if they feel that need with out fear of being castigated for it.

Knowing the entire mind numbingly boring no related uninteresting off topic crap that i spout.........I could set up home in it!!!

But that's what the Live thread is about though as I just said to you in there!

it's called the "Live" thread... that impenetrable thread of sh*te that only very few dare enter.

lets try and keep it all in 1 thread eh!?

Was that how you wanted me to put it?

When you PM'd me to say post drivel and i will use it as an example, I hope that people realised that!!!

I dont mean this to sound facetious in any way, but wasnt the Live Chat thread set up for this particular reason? I thought that was basically a no holds barred thread for random comments, 'jokes' with friends, flirting etc?

it's called the "Live" thread... that impenetrable thread of sh*te that only very few dare enter.

lets try and keep it all in 1 thread eh!?

you sould come in sometime....the water is warm

;)

I dont mean this to sound facetious in any way, but wasnt the Live Chat thread set up for this particular reason? I thought that was basically a no holds barred thread for random comments, 'jokes' with friends, flirting etc?

So did I, but it seems not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back