• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Kightly - Was tilly wrong to release him?

• yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • no

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
I like the bit in the article that makes it blindly clear that Steve Tilson was an idiot for releasing him!

today's echo has an story suggesting kightly is unhappy at wolves and that the manager and chairman are going to sit down with him to find out what's wrong. surely not another mm has upset.

today's echo has an story suggesting kightly is unhappy at wolves and that the manager and chairman are going to sit down with him to find out what's wrong. surely not another mm has upset.

Macarthy is a grade A C-Unit?

First Freddy now Kightly. We will happily have them both back in exchange for Mulgrew :whistling:

Macarthy is a grade A C-Unit?

First Freddy now Kightly. We will happily have them both back in exchange for Mulgrew :whistling:

Ummmm, not quite sure how this would work, they give us two of their players, and in return we will let them have one of their own players....

....I like it

Seems as though Bentley is going to leave Blackburn, and he is a player like Bentley. Would be a great replacement for Blackburn! Shame we got rid of him really.

For anyone who's interested Kightley came on as a sub today after 46 mins to help England U21s secure a 2-1 win over Slovenia U21s, going close himself with a curling left-foot strike that rebounded off the post.

Also saw in the paper that he's signed a new two year contract at Wolves. Things are looking very bright for him!

Things might have turned out oh so differently for him at Roots Hall if he hadn't fallen under Drewe Broughton's evil influence.

Obviously he's done very well, but is it JUST me when I say I honestly can't see whats so specail about him?!

I think media and hype has a lot to do with his reputation. He still looks lightwieght to me and his skill isn't as sublime and say, Eastwood, for instance.

He works hard I give him that, and I have to accept that he must have something about him. Perhaps a lack of quality English wingers in general has something to do with it................?

Back