• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Kightly - Was tilly wrong to release him?

• yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • no

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

KrustyTheKray

President
I pulled up at Tesco's Pitsea for some fuel and none other than Michael Kightly parked beside me to get some fuel as well.

He said hello to me because he must have noticed my SUFC car sticker. I then had a chat with him while we both filled our cars up.

I asked him if he had another club sorted out next season, and he said he was hoping to join Barnet as they have shown alot of interest. He also said Grimsby were after him, but he doesn't want to move out of the area.

I joked with him and said your not going to Canvey are you? He said "No Way would i want to join them"
biggrin.gif

I then went into pay and he stood chatting to me while i purchased my fuel. I wished him good luck for next season and hoped he got his move to Barnet. He also said to me he was going to join Grays for a little while, probably for some pre-season training.

We shook hands and he hopes Southend do well this season.

What a top guy! He seems really down to earth and so friendly. Shame for him to leave SUFC really, i for one thought he was a bright talent.

Good luck Kights!!!

Good report. A seemingly nice lad that has no sour grapes. I agree he looked potentialy good and I hope he fulfils it. Good luck Kights!

Just been told that Kightly has signed for Grays.

It'll be interesting to see how he does against us next week.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 22 2005,18:43)]Just been told that Kightly has signed for Grays.

It'll be interesting to see how he does against us next week.
Good timing

biggrin.gif

He's bound to score... then again, Eastwood and Cole will want to put on a show too so I see us nicking it (but it'll be too close for comfort!)

Did he score in Gray's 8-1 hammering of Welling today?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 23 2005,20:50)]Did he score in Gray's 8-1 hammering of Welling today?
According to there message board he didn't.

Anyone tell me much about him??

He has impressed alot for us and we have signed him up.

Did he ever play for your first team???

Yes, he did. Kights' only shortcoming was, I think, a lack of a physical side to his game. He's quite slightly built... and was thus always going to struggle in the basement league with SUFC where braun is a fairly key asset. He's muscled off the ball a bit easily, I guess - and that's a shame, because the rest of his game looks very sound.

To be honest, plenty of us thought he'd make the breakthrough at SUFC - but, for whatever reason, Tilly doesn't fancy him. I'd say he's a good bet to prove Tilly wrong, though.

smile.gif

Matt

Apparently, although as I didnt see him for you so can not comment, he has worked on his strength and stamina.

I heard a short coming was his ability to last 90 mins but he has worked on that

Definately lightweight. If we hadn't gone up, I think he'd have stayed at us as a last chance saloon to build himself up and improve on his game. Unfortunaltely for him we went up, and moved on as a team, whereas he didn't.

I'm sure he'll do well at you guys, and I wish him well.

He is a very good player and I think he will eventually get back into the football league and go on to do very well.

Kights, is a excellent footballer for hes age and is a very good prospect, can see him going far in football. Couple of years for him to build up hes strength and fill out and he will be a excellent footballer.!

Played very well against us today, tried to kick spinner and maher a few times aswell as che. Should of been given the goal daryl had dropped it and he hadnt kicked it out of hes hands!

Back