• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
Well what can you say after that?... Not a lot really, simply superb. I genuinely thought we may end up on the wrong end of a backlash from Bristol City after there two games last week, and for the first 15 minutes, it could easily have gone that way, but from the moment we scored, i genuinely never thought the result was in doubt.

Very very good overall performance, and some of the football we played when knocking it around at 0-2 was arguably better than anything seen at this level.

Bristol City, after we scored, were not great, but make no mistake, this is a super result, and probably the pick of the results this season. They are struggling now, but I believe they will be nearer the top than the bottom come May.

Id also like to single a out a couple of people for priase... Firstly, Tilly, for having the balls to play away from home with two out and out wingers, a bit of a gamble, but it paid dividends as we looked very dangerous all afternoon and very solid when necessary.

Secondly, Bart... bit of a shaky start, but grew in stature as the game went on, and made a wonderful save down low to his left from a free kick which i thought was a certain goal.

My ratings....

Griemenk - 7 - Shaky start, but got better and better and made a wonder save at 2-0. Excellent as hes been out so long

Hunt - 8 - Very very solid performance

Wilson - 7 - Didnt really put a foot wrong and looked solid

Barrett - 9 - Hasnt been himself this season, but for me, this was his best by a mile. Dominant, solid and a rock at the heart of the defence Saturday

Edwards - 8 - Another excellent display from the man whose middle name these days is consistency

Cole - 6 - Wasnt as effective as usual, but never gave up and did well to get up from an awful early challenge

Campbell-Ryce - 7 - Wasnt as involved as he may have liked perhaps, but when he was, looked much better than last time out

Maher - 8 - Ive been critical of him over the last couple of games, but today was back to his best, breaking up play and didnt give the ball away

Gutteridge - 8 - Does he ever have a bad game?
rock.gif
Superb in the middle again and City's midfield were outclassed by him alone

Goater - 7 - Much better than of late, put in some sterling defensive work from the front when needed and was a handful all afternoon

EASTWOOD - 9 - What can you say?.... Majestic!

Overall a top day and a fine result!!

Just one final point though, thought the atmosphere was probably the best this season, certainly the noisiest, although the low roof would have much to do with that. The support that was there was superb, but a little dissapointed with the numbers, only 660 apparently? I genuinely expected a few more there than that as were top of the league, but hey ho... those of who were there had a great afternoon!!

Back