• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Nov. 09 2004,09:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Nov. 08 2004,20:02)]Well, seating is deemed more safe than terracing.
I disagree. Terracing is only unsafe when you have police lines pushing you in, and when you have greedy bosses, willing to let them be crammed in.
Allocation of tickets for terracing is simple. When the turnstiles clock around to the capacity. They stop working.
I don't care what anyone says. Terracing needs to return to football and we should be ambitious enough to say to supporters, we've got some terracing, sod all that poncey seating, come to the new "roots hall" and have a laugh. An instant incentive!
Stop namby pambying to the men in suits and start telling the FA what supporters want.
I want to stand up! I want to walk about during the game. Move over to the singers, move away from the idiots etc.
My thoughts entirely in one post. I hope Mr Martin will see a delegation of fans to pick up their opinions and that he won't just be listening to the thermos flask brigade (some of whom may or may not be Supporters Trust Committee men....)

personally like to see something along the lines of the Reebok but with a capacity of about 16k which can be increased gradually to 20k and 25k respectively. Although i must admit that plymouths Home park looks pretty impressive nowdays. I would hate to have four stands i would much rather have a bowl shape as in the original plans.

Our New Stadium

Hows about that?! We have already played their once, might as well have it as our home ground.

Seriously thought, what an impressive stadium I think you'll agree.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Nov. 10 2004,19:25)]personally like to see something along the lines of the Reebok but with a capacity of about 16k which can be increased gradually to 20k and 25k respectively. Although i must admit that plymouths Home park looks pretty impressive nowdays. I would hate to have four stands i would much rather have a bowl shape as in the original plans.
Reebok stadium is superb, id like to see it in the mould of that or the JJB stadium although i loved the 2000 designs, thought it had a brilliant main stand a nice bowl design.

I would like to see a more enclosed version than the one originally planned in 2000. The Reynalds Arena is a smaller more compact version of the Millennium Stadium and a good example of what we should be aiming for.
wink.gif

I wonder whether our landlords will be building the stadium ready for 25,000 seats, but only install 15,000. They could put the away seats right at the back and put all the building materials in front of them... then they'd need binoculars to see the action and we could wind them up!
biggrin.gif

I know you might lose a bit of atmosphere like that, but I am thinking what the costs would be "long-term" if we build the stadium in the next couple of years and then added to it later on? I suspect they'll be adding on another £10m+ to the original planned costs in 2000, and wonder if there's any feasability to having the finished artical in one hit? I am sure it would be a huge saving in the long run, having ALL the infrastructure in place at "today's" prices.
wow.gif

top stadium!

this is a great looking place, should model it on this!

seriously, i liked the look of the previous design. i wouldn't want an open stadium like at oxford for example, seems to lose a lot of atmos and a lot windier in winter!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 09 2004,11:25)]Being part of the delegation of the 'Southend branch of the Monaco supporters club' that visited the principality this summer I can say that the stadium tour we went on left us all very impressed.
Dunno RM the pool looked a bit small & tacky to me!  
biggrin.gif

Monaco Stadium Swimming Pool.JPG

Firstly, terracing: From what I can gather from the Hillsborough tragedy, the main problems were the police trying to deal with rowdy (late) crowds behind the stands and subsequently opening one of the exit doors at the back of the stand. This lead to far too many people being allowed in to the stand. This combined with the barriers and the metal fence at the front meant that people had nowhere to go. The terracing, in itself, was not to blame. It was the way it was managed. Like Artful says, put a strict turnstile system in and a timer ont he exit gates with one person responsible for an emergency override and you reduce the problem. Also, you can't tell me that with today's technology, they couldn't install a fence at the front that can fold forwards in an emergency.

Secondly,Stade Louis II: We're not a vastly rich principality so probably couldn't get the principality backing to do it. Also, I can't see the Southend Arena hosting international athletics.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Nov. 11 2004,10:36)]Secondly,Stade Louis II:  We're not a vastly rich principality so probably couldn't get the principality backing to do it. Also, I can't see the Southend Arena hosting international athletics.
I refer the Honourable Gentleman to my previous clarification of my suggestion we have a stadium of this calibre -

I was taking the ****!

I wouldnt mind a ground that we own and have no threat or fear of loosing. I also want a ground that wont look silly with 2700 people in it for a mid week LDV vans game.

Oh and also more bar staff please

I'd like a 1800 all-seater with food outlets situated as one for every block/area, (Cause I can't be bothered to wait in a twenty thousand person long queue in the Family Enclosure!)

Also I'd like the roofs to overhang so the sound reverbs on to the pitch, (a decent PA'd help as well!)

huddersfield and boltons grounds are impressive....i think grounds like hull,darlo and boro are sh*te,they look plasticky...it would nice 2 have a ground with a bit of character rather than just another northampton or rushden ground........i think its also important 2 have a design or 2 on the chairs themselves ,preston have done it and i reckon it looks great......we could have a huge club crest behind 1 goal's seats and a neil campbell picture in the main stand's seats

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Nov. 13 2004,21:19)]Wouldnt mind a ground like Hull's
Fantastic stadium, reminded me of our original design, bowl with a two tierd curved stand.

Fantastic atmosphere in the stadium and brilliant views.

Yes please !

I want a stadium free from pillars. I want the section behind the goal to be standing. I want easy toilet access, preferably away from the food outlets, of which there will be numerous selling a variety of foods. Curry chicken and chips f'r'instance.
I would also like the club to do a deal with Wetherspoons to have a bar and they can supply real ale all for me.
I want the pitch to be close to the stands so our comments are heard by the opposition. (unless a greyhound track is incorporated into the design for which seasos will get free entry)
the away supporters will be housed in a roofless section.
I would like a bookies though preferably one who does not find my hard earned cash "easy money".
I would like a scoreboard that also shows the leagues real time scores as well.

After almost a decade of professional soccer in Denver, the Colorado Rapids are finally getting their own stadium.  Since they were created the Rapids have played in a 76,000 seat stadium.  The place is never anywhere near full and as a result the atmosphere is always poor.  The new stadium is a 20,000 seater and I really like the prelim designs, and I think that Southend's new stadium should look fairly similiar, it's fairly cheap to build and stadiums like this usually look great, this picture doesn't do it any justice.

Stadium.jpg

Obvious there will be added aestheics, but the plan calls for surrounding youth soccer facilities and a training facility.  This stadium will be great for soccer.

....I also want floodlights. I will be livid if we have those poncey built in the roof lights. No stadium is perfect unless it has four towering floodlights that can be seen from the distance.
I want there to be horizontal walkways/exits, unlike the East greens where you have to get people to stand up when the call of nature calls.
I would like seperate non smoking areas in the bars and the continuation of Blues TV, which is audible!
I would like a graffiti board installed in the public lavatories.

Back