• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you go in the North Bank?

• I'm a season card holder and would transfer now and then

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • I'm a season card holder and would transfer permanently

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I'm not a season card holder, I would pay full matchday price

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • I'm not a season card holder, I would not pay full matchday price, but would pay a reduced price

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have for far too long been giving away supporters the best stand and a massive advantage in the noise stakes, if SUFC want the home crowd to be the extra man then its a no brainer for the rest of the season, and until/if we move to Fossets.

Exactly ! I appreciate the logistics are difficult when there is a large away following, but at the moment, most only bring a couple of hundred so just shove them in the corner like last night.

They should just allow 800 in the north west corner like last night for a matchday price of £15 on a first come first serve basis. It also encourages people to get to the ground earlier if they want to sit in there and = more beer / food sales.

Loved the horse head.

Great effort last night though I too, was surprised not to hear the drum in the first half. Saw the young Groom lad being taken round to first aid just after the flare was let off, presume he caught a large inhalation of it or something. Don't really care about who did it, but if whoever it is has ruined the chances of having the North Bank again then I hope they will be made to feel some considerable guilt.

Good to hear all the stands giving it some last night, more again please Saturday.

Great effort last night though I too, was surprised not to hear the drum in the first half. Saw the young Groom lad being taken round to first aid just after the flare was let off, presume he caught a large inhalation of it or something. Don't really care about who did it, but if whoever it is has ruined the chances of having the North Bank again then I hope they will be made to feel some considerable guilt.

Good to hear all the stands giving it some last night, more again please Saturday.

Smoke bomb not a flare.
I think the lad in question may have been hurt in the celebration after the penalty save.

Thought everyone in there was pretty well behaved quite a big age range not all youngsters. Most of the chants were for the team the odd bit of banter with the away fans, but unless you are right next to the segregation gap you can't even see the away fans.

Sadly the atmosphere will be back to usual on Saturday. Hopefully Paul Sturrock can help he wants fans to create an atmosphere and we showed it can be done but we need the North Bank back.

They should just allow 800 in the north west corner like last night for a matchday price of £15 on a first come first serve basis. It also encourages people to get to the ground earlier if they want to sit in there and = more beer / food sales.

Loved the horse head.

While I am not arguing against the idea of getting bums on seats, I don't see any benefit to season ticket holders, particularly at a time when the club are exhorting us to part with our hard earned prior to the March 11th deadline.

Best atmosphere for a long time, loved it in the North with the non stop singing and especially the renditions of we only need 9 men.... question though, why the horse's head, very funny but why?

Loved it. This should be the norm, not a one off.

It just shows that with only 500 or so in there, it makes a massive difference.

I agree with an extent with Canvey about the tickets being made cheap for the remainder of the season. Not really fair on the seaso's I suppose.

We have 6 games left at RH this season.

Accrington
Aldershot
Cheltenham
AFC Wombles
Barnet
Macclesfield

Out of those, I can only see one (AFC Wombles) bringing a decent following. Perhaps Barnet if they are in a relegation scrap.

That leaves 4, probably 5 games where there should be no reason why we cannot use the same section of the North, as last night.

So. the question is. How do we get our section of the North full for these games. Without upsetting the seaso's?

The first thing that comes to mind, is allowing seaso's the opportunity to switch to the North if they wish. But, will there be a big takeup on that? Probably not. Maybe 100 or so.

So that leaves us needing to find another 4-500 to make it worthwhile....

I reckon we could probably get around 200 from W/V Block in there at the usual matchday prices.

Are there another 200-300 of you that are willing to pay normal matchday prices, to go in the North?

If the demand is there, myself and a few others will again speak to the decision makers and try to make it happen. Again. But, we need the support. It's no good there being a couple of hundred in there. We need 500+ every game to make it viable.

Would you go in the North Bank?

The overwhelming majority agree that last nights atmosphere, was one of the best in quite some time. Obviously the North Bank was a major factor in this.

So. the question is. How do we get our section of the North full for the remaining games this season and for those next season, without upsetting the seaso's?

The first thing that comes to mind, is allowing seaso's the opportunity to switch to the North if they wish. But, will there be a big takeup on that? Probably not. Maybe 100 or so.

So that leaves us needing to find another 4-500 to make it worthwhile....

I reckon we could probably get around 200 from W/V Block in there at the usual matchday prices.

Are there another 200-300 of you that are willing to pay normal matchday prices, to go in the North?

Are you willing to throw back the years, give up your comfy seat and come and generate some noise from the old days?

If the demand is there, myself and a few others will again speak to the decision makers and try to make it happen. Again. But, we need the support. It's no good there being a couple of hundred in there. We need 500+ every game to make it viable.

Vote honestly people as this will be shown to the powers that be.

I wouldn't but then I'm a bit of a stick in the mud. I like where I sit and I prefer to catch the enthusiasm from a distance, which was what happened last night.

Great atmosphere was created from the north and spread round the ground it was infectious
But i do like to be on the side in an elevated position on half way line so i can see across the pitch and both goals(easy for my eyes)
BUT really hope that you can achieve the numbers as i believe it made a huge difference in the last twenty mins to the players
it gave them a lift and encouraged them to work harder so well done to the North bank

Last edited:
As someone who never had the chance to go in the North Bank of old, I'd love the opportunity to go in the north bank. (just need to be able to get to some games first :sad:).

I'd suggest TBV start a campaign with an online petition, to at least get a set number of games next season where we can go in the north bank ala last night. Would be a good stepping stone, to then getting in there permenantly after that. Would also help to raise TBV/SZ profile (without requiring people to sign up to SZ just to vote).

Shame somebody ahd to let off a smoke bomb off, may add to the atmosphere, but the powers that be can use it as an excuse for not reopening the north bank.

Appears the smoke came nearer the back than the front but it got me thinking, what actually is the problem with these, places like Milan let off hundreds of these and flares (which are more dangerous) under controlled situations without any problems?

Am a STH and I would happily move my seat and wouldnt careless if the club sold North bank tickets for £5.00 the rest of the season as it would have the best interest to the club/team.

Appears the smoke came nearer the back than the front but it got me thinking, what actually is the problem with these, places like Milan let off hundreds of these and flares (which are more dangerous) under controlled situations without any problems?

I agree no one died or got hurt just one little lad breathed it in and got a litle scared!

plus it really helpped with the atmos and was let off at the most perfect time in a 0-0 game

Back