• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 12 2005,11:28)]I think things may be interesting very soon.
Is this another Napster "I know something you don't know..." post.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 12 2005,11:28)]I think things may be interesting very soon.
ok, you have pm napster can you reply

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ April 12 2005,11:41)]
[b said:
Is this another Napster "I know something you don't know..." post.
I thought it was the Napster "I know something you don't know..." board!

Just for the record, I know something Napster doesn't.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 12 2005,16:50)]Just for the record, I know something Napster doesn't.
So do I - namely the insolvency provisions in the JCT 98 Standard form of Building Contract with Contractor's Design Portion, something on which our Naps is a bit ropey...

tounge.gif
upside.gif
laugh.gif

Hmm... an interesting quote from the latest Blues News, and in particular the article about TV advertising and revenues:

<span style='color:blue'>"Roots Hall now has an average attendance of 5655 which is a 25% increase on last year’s figure.  We anticipate a further increase for the 2005/06 campaign and expect a 50% increase when the BLUES move stadium."</span> (emphasis added)

I note with great interest the use of "when" rather than a more conditional phrase such as "in the event that".

Can we expect an announcement soon, I wonder?

rock.gif

Yours, still not holding my breath,

Matt

Looks like the club are pretty confident about the stadium so perhaps an end-of-season or close-season announcement is in the offing. It would make sense to have some good news up their sleeves regardless of how the rest of the season pans out, especially when season ticket prices/details get announced for next season. If the new stadium were to be &#39;in the bag&#39; then perhaps the club would want to do what Charlton did when returning to The Valley and issue five- or ten-year season tickets at discount prices to guarantee the best seats in the new stadium. I&#39;ve got a friend who got a ten-year season ticket for Charlton and got excellent value. They subsequently got promoted to the Premier&#036;hite but he had only paid discounted division one prices to see it. I&#39;m not suggesting SUFC would be similarly successful but getting season ticket money upfront would allow them to invest in building a squad capable of climbing the leagues over the coming seasons. The Ron Martin regime should be competent enough to manage the finances appropriately which I don&#39;t feel would have been the case in, say, the Vic Jobson era.

Any idea how they came up with 50% increase for the &#39;new stadium effect&#39;? Is it based on an assumption of on-pitch success? Would we really get that many extra if we were having a bad season? A new stadium would certainly help attract and retain people who wouldn&#39;t be seen dead in Roots Hall because it can&#39;t live up to the Sky TV/Premier&#036;hite-delivered expectations of modern facilities and good views from all seats. It&#39;s worked for other clubs. Though not directly comparable to us, I remember being astounded when Middlesbrough went from getting 16,000 crowds at Ayresome Park when we were playing them to 28,000 at Riverside. Here&#39;s hoping we get a similar boost if we get the new stadium.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stig Purple @ April 15 2005,15:52)]Any idea how they came up with 50% increase for the &#39;new stadium effect&#39;?
Its probably because most clubs suffer and get relegated whilst their new stadiums are being constructed ie Stoke, Reading, Sunderland, Middlesborough.

They then bounce back in their first year in a new stadium and the crowds who deserted them whilst they were struggling return&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 15 2005,16:31)]as an update- there isnt one. there seems to be a stalemate between Ron and Delancey...
Anything a bit of well-directed fan power can help?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 16 2005,16:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 15 2005,16:31)]as an update- there isnt one. there seems to be a stalemate between Ron and Delancey...
Unless they were a bit hot, then I wouldn&#39;t have thought so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 16 2005,16:44)]
[b said:
I wouldnt have thought so at the moment. Hopefully at the end of the season if things remain the same...

Hi all, I am surprised more people haven&#39;t mentioned last night&#39;s echo&#33;&#33;. In the castle point edition it was around page 14 /15 with Colin Wagman (remember him?) stating something like &quot;its highly unlikely that sufc will move &quot; or words to similar effect.

This is a potentially a very worrying development i think

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dloman @ Sep. 29 2005,12:19)]Hi all, I am surprised more people haven't mentioned last night's echo!!.   In the castle point edition it was around page 14 /15 with Colin Wagman (remember him?) stating something like   "its highly unlikely that sufc will move "   or words to similar effect.

This is a potentially a very worrying development i think
Potentially very worrying. I reckon CW and RM are doing a Jo Moore*.

wow.gif

*burying bad news (in this case, whilst we are playing well)

I think you could be right on that one, it was only a very small article in my edition and very much hidden away.

Great saying that one, will end up as a common expression.

biggrin.gif

It wont happen, we all know that so lets forget about it.

It has to be the longest drawn out false dawn in the history of Southend United F.C.

sad.gif

So if a new stadium does not happen and Ron Martin is insisting that a new stadium is essential for the club&#39;s future, are you not in the slightest bit concerned?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

No dont get me wrong TITW, of course i&#39;m concerned, very much so, all I am saying is it is pointless getting worked up about something we have no control over what so ever and something we have heard countless times over the past 25 years.

Back