• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin Jol looking like he will be next for the chop.

Martin Jol looking like he will be next for the chop.

There were (some) Jol out chants at the WBA home 1-1 draw a couple of weeks ago,which I thought premature, to say the least.
After Saturday's last minute home defeat to Cardiff, a poor performance and result in the next home game againt Stoke,might well lead to the inevitable.

Pity he's a good manager.

We saw some large bets in the Newcastle area for Pardew to be the next Prem manager to go. Jol is still favourite, but Pardew is second in the betting now.

What is the betting like on Moyes to go?

What is the betting like on Moyes to go?

Doubt he will be going anytime soon. Ferguson is still involved with the club and could you imagine what he would do to the person who decided to sack Moyes?

Moyes will be there at least 3 seasons, they haven't got a trigger happy Abramovich-type in charge.

Doubt he will be going anytime soon. Ferguson is still involved with the club and could you imagine what he would do to the person who decided to sack Moyes?

Moyes will be there at least 3 seasons, they haven't got a trigger happy Abramovich-type in charge.

I know, but just thought maybe fans would be placing bets on him to go because of his slow start. Can you imagine in 89 if the board had of been trigger happy and got rid of Sir Alex? I agree he will have 3 seasons and if he hasn't delivered in that time he will be up for the chop. He is just getting to grips with the team once he knows which team suits his style of play then they will be flying again.

I know, but just thought maybe fans would be placing bets on him to go because of his slow start. Can you imagine in 89 if the board had of been trigger happy and got rid of Sir Alex? I agree he will have 3 seasons and if he hasn't delivered in that time he will be up for the chop. He is just getting to grips with the team once he knows which team suits his style of play then they will be flying again.

True, I wasn't around in the 80s so can't comment on that. Seems only recently that manager sackings are getting more frequent and they are getting less and less time. Guessing that with more money coming into the game, the demand on success, especially immediate, will keep increasing.

Cheers, is there odds for next league two manager to get the sack? Out of interest want to know the odds on Brown going are?

Not that I can find. It's tricky enough for traders to keep on top of the Premier League market without having to keep an eye on the lower leagues too. We do of course try to make a few quid out of offering this betting, but they're more about PR.

I really like the looks of Allardyce at 33s. They won't beat Spurs this weekend, they won't beat City the next, and then they visit Swansea with the very grim reality that they could be bottom by then. Their next game is home to Villa, and I can't see that ending particularly well either.

I really like the looks of Allardyce at 33s. They won't beat Spurs this weekend, they won't beat City the next, and then they visit Swansea with the very grim reality that they could be bottom by then. Their next game is home to Villa, and I can't see that ending particularly well either.

Di Canio to West Ham?

Back