• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They have Chelsea away next. So I think you might be right there although they did beat Manchester City.

Vincent Tan, the Malaysian owner has no concept of the Premiership, and the type of money you need to spend to have success. He is already complaining. He thought because they kept winning last Year, they would keep winning this Year. Malky Mackay has already had a long bollocking according to reports. So it's just a matter of One or Two bad results for Mr Mackay. Dead man walking.

Vincent Tan, the Malaysian owner has no concept of the Premiership, and the type of money you need to spend to have success. He is already complaining. He thought because they kept winning last Year, they would keep winning this Year. Malky Mackay has already had a long bollocking according to reports. So it's just a matter of One or Two bad results for Mr Mackay. Dead man walking.

Reading some of the comments the chairman has apparently made does seem worrying. Thinks that changing the strip to red was the main reason they won promotion and that they should be challenging the top 4.

Even sacking the Head of Recruitment, who was close to Mackay, and replacing him with a friend who has no experience at top-level is odd too.

This will either go one of three ways, Vincent Tan will bring someone in as a director who knows football (I'm sure I can offer my services for a mere £300k a year :winking:), he will start going through managers who fail to live up to his ridiculously high expectations or he lowers his expectations.

Tony Mowbray could be given the sack if the Boro score stays the same.

I'm gonna claim 1 for me on my last post. Whose next then Kev?

Ian Holloway must be a good bet.

Harsh to expect him to be doing much better, but fans already abusing him.

Ian Holloway must be a good bet.

Harsh to expect him to be doing much better, but fans already abusing him.

God, I hope so. I'd be more than willing to sacrifice the fiver I've had on Allardyce to see that odious tit slung out on his ear.

Indeed, but Palace 18 months ago were struggling financially and to stay in the Championship, now they are in the Premiership and thats not good enough.

In fairness I think Freedman did most of the work and Holloway only managed to limp them across the finish line, but he did get them there so harsh for him to be getting so much flack.

Crazy.

Palace are punching well above their weight. That squad is full of average Championship players.

Blimey, didn't expect that. I know Palace fans never really warmed to him even though he got them promotion. Thought he would of stayed longer.

Blimey, didn't expect that. I know Palace fans never really warmed to him even though he got them promotion. Thought he would of stayed longer.

Think the problem was that they got to the top of the table under Freedman. Holloway didnt seem to actually do that well and their end of season form saw them almost miss out on the playoffs.

Guess they dont see him as actually doing well for them despite going up.

Edit: Which If I had read chapperz post I could have not bothered saying

Funnily enough Im sure Bolton arent overly happy with Freedman either!

Back