• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Powell's mate

First XI⭐
'Southend United is currently seeking a Ticketing and Customer Services Manager to join the Football Club' says the offy.
Hardly a surprise given the ticket fiasco against Port Vale when yours truly and dozens of others were given season-ticket cards as the only means of getting into the ground because the ticket paper had run out.
Anybody know if he/she in charge was sacked, and that's why we have this ad?

I believe he 'left by mutual agreement' as I think they call it these days. He was ticket office manager and ultimately carried the can for the late Season card arrivals and the Port Vale Fiasco.

Would not blame them if they did quit. Probably seriously over worked with a lack of resources at their disposable. Although knowing Ron's attitude towards managers who were overworked with no resources at their disposable and constantly banging their heads against a brick wall they may have been sacked! Although he probablt was just rubbish. Good luck to whoever takes that job on.

Last edited:
Harold Bishop Killer Why does it have to be the clubs fault all the time, as a Manager you carry the can regardless of what people say Tilly got sacked as we got relegated as none of this NO Money Etc he had money in the past and wasted (well most of it) i am a Tilly Fan but also understand football many other clubs who's players wasnt getting paid didnt/havent gone down maybe less time letting players go on secret holidays and boozing Fri & sat nights might have saved them some cash?

Perhaps this is an opportunity for a Zoner who has been critical of the ticket office in the past to prove they can do a better job.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/Vacancies/0,,10444,00.html

Closing date the 9th September? Better get them applications in quick

and shrimperhosk - just giving my opinion on things. Chances are they were probably rubbish at their job judging by the Port Vale espisode but I am guessing their chances were not helped by funding cut backs

Last edited:
Is anyone on here surprised, with all the to-ing and fro-ing happening at the club and everyone blaming each other without anyone actually saying anything - just about sums things up really

Harold Bishop Killer Why does it have to be the clubs fault all the time, as a Manager you carry the can regardless of what people say Tilly got sacked as we got relegated as none of this NO Money Etc he had money in the past and wasted (well most of it) i am a Tilly Fan but also understand football many other clubs who's players wasnt getting paid didnt/havent gone down maybe less time letting players go on secret holidays and boozing Fri & sat nights might have saved them some cash?

Ron, thanks for your contribution to the Zone - now get back to counting the money in all those off - shore bank accounts.:)

1) Because invariably it is.
2) Who says it was 100% Tilson's fault transfer budget was "wasted" - it's been debated to death and we all know it's not true, no matter what side of the fence you fall with regards to how the club has been (or is now being) run.
3) Secret holidays - you make this sound like this was a regular occurrence, again a one-off for ONE player who had a legitimate reason for missing a rest day & one days training.

I was going to apply, as I have said enough of the various ticket fiasco's in the last couple of months, so I was going to stand up and be counted. As a fan, I know exactly what the fans appreciate and what winds them up, and what is not acceptable. Unfortunately, I don't meet the experience requirements.

Or perhaps Matt just fancied a change of career? Why does everything have to have some kind of sinister alternative every sodding time?

Perhaps this could signal the return of Alison...a much respected member of the ticket office who did excellent work during her time at the club.

Or perhaps Matt just fancied a change of career? Why does everything have to have some kind of sinister alternative every sodding time?

Perhaps this could signal the return of Alison...a much respected member of the ticket office who did excellent work during her time at the club.

I do not think Alison would want to know...she may be getting up early to go up the smoke but she is getting paid a lot more and seems happy enough...If Matt was left in the poo by Alison getting the tin tack..and was surrounded by new youngsters he had to train again , I do not blame him for walking if that is the case.

Firstly a word of personal thanks to Matt - who I thought did a great job including at stamford Bridge whrere he sorted out a mix up ten minutes before kick off - fantastic -

Also obviously had his priorities right getting fans into RH - even if it meant using seaso cards -

and more bad odour from RM - just blame the staff -

and of course I won't do any mutterings about people being asked to do the wrong thing with quantities of cash .......

and RM must be busy in his counting house ......

5 million from sainsburys
? from Bailey
? from Hooper
? from the kid at Liverpool

I do not think Alison would want to know...she may be getting up early to go up the smoke but she is getting paid a lot more and seems happy enough...If Matt was left in the poo by Alison getting the tin tack..and was surrounded by new youngsters he had to train again , I do not blame him for walking if that is the case.

some of the youngsters have been hassle free i am sure ;)

just like to say a big thankyou to matt a very nice lad and top bloke, how much more do we put up the pratt ron martin killing
our club.

I was going to apply, as I have said enough of the various ticket fiasco's in the last couple of months, so I was going to stand up and be counted. As a fan, I know exactly what the fans appreciate and what winds them up, and what is not acceptable. Unfortunately, I don't meet the experience requirements.

I suspect they have someone in mind. The advertisement is hardly prominent and 3 days to apply is unusually short.

Back