• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

0-1 disappointment for me.

Very mean Torquay defence and a fairly powder puff Blues frontline could spell disaster in this one.

6,353 in attendance.

With their record of conceeding 1 goal in a 1000+ mins and our modest goal scoring record this season, it has to be a 0-0 stalemate in front of a season best 6000 crowd. I will take this to dent their 100% record and make it 3 clean sheets on the spin for us. Then onto Northampton where I am convinced another 3 points awaits on our travels. Gradual move up the table and extend our unbeaten run.

1-1. Late Blues goal getting a draw with Zebroski scoring for Torquay early on. Attendance of 5,400.

Just heard that as of yesterday we had sold 8000 tickets on the back of the promotion so im guessing we could have 9000 in tomorrow which would be great.

Do you mean a sales promotion? Got season ticket so don't care but what was this promotion? (Don't believe the 8000 sales though)

Yeah, noone will do that, aren't family days usually £1 a kid? I'd pay extra if they had 'General Paul Sturrock' come out in camouflage, that'd be great!

i think torquay will carry on there good form with a win down here! 0-2 one of the goals coming frm a penalty!

Jam Man, we will see i just cant see to many goals and lets be honest Bristol City were pretty poor (and have been since) and Bradford are rubbish at home and had started worse than us if we score a few Sat then your right but we struggles to score against the Gill even missing a 1 on 1

Torquay are sh*t- just out the conference- and we were very unlucky to get relegated from the Championship. Should be a walk in the park for our gifted squad full of throughbred professionals. Personally I think we will absolutely destroy them with the brilliance of our football and show them up for the rubbish they absolutely are. 5-0 to Southend and Torquay charlatans put firmly in their place by the Kings of L2.

This is new territory for me - I cant remember EVER hearing that Torquay were a 'decent side' and one of the favourites for promotion, when they were due to play us. Somehow it doesnt sound right :)

I remember seeing Torquay gain promotion at the Hall on the last day of the season, with the much lauded David Graham up front, back in 2004. He had a brief spell with Premiership-bound Wigan, before drifting his way down the leagues again.

Turns out that that's the last time we've played them - since they spent one season in League One, before going down again; while we were promoted the following season.

Matt

I am going to go for a nial biting 2-2! Dont know why but I fancy us to end their 100% record, but I dont think we will win. Our goals will be an early effort from Corr and a Paterson late equaliser. 7467 in attendance (I dont believe the 8000 pre match sales hype either)

Back