• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am going to go for a nial biting 2-2! Dont know why but I fancy us to end their 100% record, but I dont think we will win. Our goals will be an early effort from Corr and a Paterson late equaliser. 7467 in attendance (I dont believe the 8000 pre match sales hype either)

452--452--niallquinn.jpg

Bit harsh... He was quite pleasant considering we'd just given his Sunderland a spanking all those years ago...

THE MUGS HAVE IT?
I was originally hesitating between a 0-0 and a 0-1 defeat.

This is not a word of a lie..............I went down to the local depot vente this morning, searching for one or two final items to sell in Toulouse this weekend. Walking around I was suddenly confronted with, what looked like, two English coffeee mugs. Always drawn by seeing anything English down here, I went closer to investigate.
They were a pair of identical grey/ brown earthenware coffee mugs with a town view in relief and..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! .........Printed in bold letters ..................................................................................................

.....................................................................TORQUAY. I suppose it depends how superstitious one is or how willing you are to read omens into anything...
............0-2 to Torquay anyone? Luck it didn't say Zabreski Pottery underneath, otherwise I would have really flipped!

I've got a good feeling about this and it is an actual good feeling not one of those pretend ones I have every game we play.

Southend 4 - 0 Torquay

It will be a very odd game, and everyone will be saying, how the hell did they win the last 4?
Blair x 2
Mohsni x 1
Easton x 1

Attendance 7,389

Normally I am very cautious and reserved. I would still bite your arm off for 3rd from bottom at the end of the season, but I have this strange unfounded feeling that we are going to win 4-1. No idea about scorers, probably Jesus Christ himself.

As this is a match I wont be able to get to my guess is a southend win! Also fed up that I must be the only southend fan in the world who hasnt see Moshni yet so now I am confident of a 3-2 win thanks to a brilliant Moshni hat trick. Enjoy

we are going to win 4-1. No idea about scorers, probably Jesus Christ himself.

Well Jesus has impressed off the bench in the last couple of games and I heard he fared well in the behind-closed-doors friendly against Dagenham. I think he's due a goal or two to repay the faith of the manager at least. If only we could make that John the Baptist deal permanent I feel we'd also have enough creativity in midfield.

Well Jesus has impressed off the bench in the last couple of games and I heard he fared well in the behind-closed-doors friendly against Dagenham. I think he's due a goal or two to repay the faith of the manager at least. If only we could make that John the Baptist deal permanent I feel we'd also have enough creativity in midfield.

Jesus is actually a goalkeeper. Saves well, looks dodgy defending a cross.

As this is a match I wont be able to get to my guess is a southend win! Also fed up that I must be the only southend fan in the world who hasnt see Moshni yet so now I am confident of a 3-2 win thanks to a brilliant Moshni hat trick. Enjoy
I haven't seen him yet either. Looking forward to doing so although from descriptions he sounds worryingly like Peter Clarke to me (i.e. gives it his all but is prone to at least one howler a game). Still, I don't know if anyone has heard this but apparently Clarke cost us £1m during his time here. At least Moshni is unlikely to do likewise.

I haven't seen him yet either. Looking forward to doing so although from descriptions he sounds worryingly like Peter Clarke to me (i.e. gives it his all but is prone to at least one howler a game). Still, I don't know if anyone has heard this but apparently Clarke cost us £1m during his time here. At least Moshni is unlikely to do likewise.

The difference being that Bilel has Barker alongside him to compensate for that odd howler, yet Clarke rarely recieved the same back-up from Barrett.

I have concerns about the temperament of John the Baptist. He loses his head too easily.

BTW, has anyone worked out how to pronounce his full name. Is it sinjun, like Norman St John Stevas, or Saint John as in Saint and Greavsie?

Jesus is actually a goalkeeper. Saves well, looks dodgy defending a cross.

Looks vulnerable on crosses.

Right what is it everyone has been drinking? Where can I get some? and how much would it cost??

Right what is it everyone has been drinking? Where can I get some? and how much would it cost??

Not sure, but it's on sale in the West Stand bar for about £3.00 and it's warm and bottled.

Not sure on the expiry date either which may explain things...

Give it a whirl....

THE MUGS HAVE IT?
I was originally hesitating between a 0-0 and a 0-1 defeat.

This is not a word of a lie..............I went down to the local depot vente this morning, searching for one or two final items to sell in Toulouse this weekend. Walking around I was suddenly confronted with, what looked like, two English coffeee mugs. Always drawn by seeing anything English down here, I went closer to investigate.
They were a pair of identical grey/ brown earthenware coffee mugs with a town view in relief and..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! .........Printed in bold letters ..................................................................................................

.....................................................................TORQUAY. I suppose it depends how superstitious one is or how willing you are to read omens into anything...
............0-2 to Torquay anyone? Luck it didn't say Zabreski Pottery underneath, otherwise I would have really flipped!

It's called torquay ware. Mostly earthenware with devon rhymes with incorrect deliberate spelling/local dialect on them. As there is no pottery called Southend ware you were unlikely to see mugs with our town on them.

Just spoken to the ticket office and sales are around the 4,500 mark at present, with a predicted crowd of 5,500-6,000...

So the reports of 8,000+ are well wide of the mark I am afraid.

Back