• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue sky @ Mar. 25 2005,22:10)]Gower was holding his back and signalled to the bench he wanted to come off.
lets just hope Gower wasn't breaking those white boots in for Cardiff.
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 25 2005,18:28)]Freddy Eastwood equalled the Southend scoring in consecutive matches record by hitting the net for the 7th game running
No he didn't!

Doesn't anyone read my posts?
tounge.gif

The record is 8 league and cup games (Billy Hick in the 1930s, 7 league and 1 FA Cup game). Brett Angell scored in 7 consecutive league games, something Freddy won't have achieved until he scores against Cambridge.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue sky @ Mar. 25 2005,22:10)]Gower was holding his back and signalled to the bench he wanted to come off. Still doesnt look 100% fit to me.
Also, did anyone notice Barrett was struggling with his back for a while after he collided with Darryl late in the 2nd half? I hope its nothing serious and he wont have to miss the Cambridge game?
I didn't notice Barrett but I did notice that when the players started to warm down after the game, Eastwood was the only one not joining in - he had an ice pack strapped to one of his calfs...
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Mar. 26 2005,00:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 25 2005,18:28)]Freddy Eastwood equalled the Southend scoring in consecutive matches record by hitting the net for the 7th game running
No he didn't!

Doesn't anyone read my posts?  
tounge.gif

The record is 8 league and cup games (Billy Hick in the 1930s, 7 league and 1 FA Cup game). Brett Angell scored in 7 consecutive league games, something Freddy won't have achieved until he scores against Cambridge.
Nope. 'Cos you're boring and a tad pretentious.

tounge.gif

Anyway, "Hick had a marvelous record at Southend and scored in seven consecutive matches during the 1927/28 season, a club record not equalled until Brett Angell achieved the same feat in 1991/92". Source : Potted Shrimps by Dave Goody and Peter Miles.

I know you're right (I've just checked) but you can't blame people for reading facts from club encyclopedias and assuming they are correct, can you?

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Mar. 25 2005,23:15)]I know you're right (I've just checked) but you can't blame people for reading facts from club encyclopedias and assuming they are correct, can you?

WS

wink.gif
I'm more than willing to have a go at people for assuming i'm not right
tounge.gif

I see Scriv got it wrong as well!

Sort it out Dave!

No, Freddy getting the winner at Cambridge will be sufficient for me!

Where did gower get his new boots from? topman? i'm sure i saw a pair like that in there the other day... probably why he wasn't quite as effective as he can be.

when i saw guttridge warming up i thought he'd be coming on for gower as he was fairly anonymous, but i guess tilson must've wanted to play him through the middle and so took off petts, who i can understand being alightly annoyed if that is the case, with bentley moving to right mid. he did look quite tidy when he came on tho, although the game was over by then. pretty impressed with mccormack and defo think kev's got a bit of competition now, which is always good. a couple of fresh faces in midfield is just the impetus i think we need.

overall impression of the match was that it was a pretty even first half and on the basis of that alone the scoreline was maybe slightly flattering. but we scored at a good time and didn't look back after that, thoroughly deserving the victory. also, pretty much everything just seemed to go our way today, which was nice, as there were a few moments where we seemd to ride our luck a bit.

gray and eastwood were outstanding and forming an excellent partnership. freddy's such a great all round player, and when him and gower have got the ball in the final third, they've both got the ability to open up defences and create chances, as well as put them away.

just hope everyone's fit for monday and lets hope we can nail the three points!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Between 23/10/26 and 11/12/26, Billy Hick scored in 8 consecutive matches, 6 league and 2 FA Cup, scoring 12 goals in all.

Between 30/10/91 and 30/11/91, Brett Angell scored in 7 consecutive league matches, scoring 9 goals in total.

Let's not worry about records, let's get promotion!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Mar. 26 2005,00:57)]Between 23/10/26 and 11/12/26, Billy Hick scored in 8 consecutive matches, 6 league and 2 FA Cup, scoring 12 goals in all.

Between 30/10/91 and 30/11/91, Brett Angell scored in 7 consecutive league matches, scoring 9 goals in total.

Let's not worry about records, let's get promotion!!
biggrin.gif
Tell that to the Goody man!!

WS

wink.gif

The info came from the Goody bible and for the record, Billy Hick equalled his record in the next season over 7 league and 1 FA Cup games!

What would you have, records or promotion?  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Anyway, on Monday, Freddy could beat one record and equal another.  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
but I'll settle for a win!!

your the most borinest man i have ever meet.. grow up and behave yourself you bag of sh*t. first time i have posted in a while no surrender.. see you when my luck runs out.
regards

whitto

I'm not sure who it was meant for, Andy. If it wasn't me, I'll keep out. See you on Monday?
biggrin.gif

Back