• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aside form Freddy, Bentley was superb for me, the thing I like about Bentley most is that if one of our players gets totally caught out of position - ie Barrett went on a mazy run and then got tackled about 35 yards from their goal - Bentley then sets himself as a homing missile on the bloke who took the ball of us and sometimes makes 30-40 yard runs to take out the opposition and win the ball back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Mar. 26 2005,01:28)]Aside form Freddy, Bentley was superb for me, the thing I like about Bentley most is that if one of our players gets totally caught out of position - ie Barrett went on a mazy run and then got tackled about 35 yards from their goal - Bentley then sets himself as a homing missile on the bloke who took the ball of us and sometimes makes 30-40 yard runs to take out the opposition and win the ball back.
Bentley was indeed immense in the second half but I didn't notice him at all in the first half - why does it always seem to take him so long to get into the game?

When Bentley's playing well, the team looks more dangerous, volatile perhaprs.

His box to box coverage is superb and I've never seen him shirk a tackle. The way I see it, Bentley is an essential player in our team of grafters and when scoring, well, how would you play against a threat from pace (Gray), a threat from predatory play (Eastwood), a threat from a tall midfielder supporting the attack (Bentley) and a threat from corners (Barrett)?

Also loving the late night Friday crew. Live the dream!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 25 2005,18:28)]Ref – 7

Very good.  Hardly noticed him and that’s how it should be.
I'd have given the Ref 9 - I can't remember a decision he got wrong all match. Tried to keep the game flowing, was determined not to book anyone and spent time working with the players.

An 8 for Spinner. I think he worries everybody when he has the ball at his feet but in the air he was virtually unbeatable yesterday.

Solid performance from Juppy. Great performance from Darryl and no arguments with the rest of the ratings.

I'm finally starting to believe that we might make the play-offs.

Che's starting to shape up nicely for another repeat non-performance at Cardiff.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 26 2005,11:30)]I'd have given the Ref 9 - I can't remember a decision he got wrong all match. Tried to keep the game flowing, was determined not to book anyone and spent time working with the players.
I agree. He was exactly what a ref should be.

And good to see he's found a new career after starring in lame 90's sitcom 'Game On'

FBM - top report as always. Miscellaneous things to add:

*Gower was sluggish first half (as was the whole team), but his pass for the third goal was a belter - one of the best I've seen in ages.

*Although Guttridge was a bit off the pace when he came on, his control was sublime - his ability to bring the ball under control from hard/long passes was as good as I've seen recently.

*Wayne Gray - gets a special commendation for being the man to clear Rochdale corners on at least 4 occasions that I can remember. Quick, strong, industrious... and now beginning to look like a real partner for Fredy.

*Eastwood - as others have said, the difference between the two sides. How long can we hang on to him?

down.gif

*Agree with all your ratings, although I might give the ref a couple more points. Kept the game flowing, played good advantage, was reluctant to dip into his pocket. The best ref I've seen at home this season.

*Dale were a decent side going forwards, and in the pugnacious Holt and the energetic Richards have a decent front pair in future. They now just need to sort out that defence which, keeper aside, is porous...

Matt

Back