• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

recently i got a second job at brantano footwear. it has got to be the most boring thing i have ever done in my life, re arranging shoes and standing up for four hours :( the pay was ****e, and the last straw was when they said i had to work on saturdays and miss football, i quit the next day after working 3 painstaking shifts

Worked for a while at (I think) Thames Plastics. That was pretty dire. I sat in front of a machine (which was obviously louder than the radio) watching Argos catalgoues get laminated and I had to collate them every time it produced a whole section. The excitement came when the machine broke - the pages stopped! WHOAH!

Aside from that, last summer I worked in an office which had tight Internet restrictions (ie no SZ between 9 and 6) and for about 20 days of my tow months it was interesting. However, for about another 30 days, I was checking through thousands of pages of size 10 courier new checking one list against another. For any accountants, it was like reconicliating Enron's accounts without any electronic assistance. That was really bad.

I spent the nights of one long, long, long summer taking blisters of tablets out of one load of boxes, counting them to make sure none were lost, and then putting them into other boxes together with the instruction leaflet.

The highlight was when one of the girls said she smelt something odd, so put her hand into her knickers, and saw when she took it out that she had a green coloured liquid dripping out of her. And she was the looker .....

Back in the 80s I also had a job working as a trapper at a clay pigeon shoot where I was the guy who would let off the clay pigeons when the punter shouted pull. (Actually I had to release the clay when a doorbell rang because I was too far away to hear the shooter)

It may sound like fun but I was surrounded by Michael Ryan gun nut SAS wannabes in full camo gear and yellow glasses.

I had to sit in a bunker wearing a hard hat in the middle of a field in all weather types and was under constant bombardment from bits of clay pigeon shrapnel and only a 10 minute break with a panda pop and a pot noodle to look forward to at lunchtime.

It was like being in the trenches back in WWI.

Probably.

All this for £10 a day.

On the plus side we did get to have a go on the shooters sometimes.

My first office job in the smoke involved me having to go round th eoffice turning all the lights on after they went out at 3pm due to the Save IT/3 day week energy crisis thing from the 70's Natch my office had stuck with the procedures years later.. I also had to take all the staples out of great big files and then put one super staple through the whole lot.. They also kept the 'super' staples in the safe as they were £1.50 a box or something

Worst job I ever had was as a fluffer on the set of "The John McCreerick Love Explosion" starring said racing pundent, Gillian McKeith and a young Jimmy Tarbuck. Left a nasty taste in the mouth and I stil twitch when I see Star Bars.

One of the worst jobs I ever heard of was one a bloke I knew at university had in the vacation. He had to extract semen from pedigree dogs (by hand). He seemed to quite like it but he was American and as bent as a nine bob note.

I spent the nights of one long, long, long summer taking blisters of tablets out of one load of boxes, counting them to make sure none were lost, and then putting them into other boxes together with the instruction leaflet.

The highlight was when one of the girls said she smelt something odd, so put her hand into her knickers, and saw when she took it out that she had a green coloured liquid dripping out of her. And she was the looker .....

You can't finish a story like that with ....! What happened? Did she have a radioactive tw*t? Or had the Incredible Hulk left his deposit?

Worst (and only) job I've had is as a paper boy.

Worked 2 nights a week, Wednesday and Thursday, delivering 187 papers, and got £5 for it. Couple that with ****e weather and ****e people that I had to deliver to (Christmas aside, picked up a fair whack in tips then) and you have one **** job.

I also had a weekend job at a mushroom farm in Hawkwell.

My task was to pick the mushrooms that had been missed (or had subsequently grown) after the full time professional mushroom pickers had harvested the beds during the week.

I think I may have been paid 25p per box of mushrooms.

Back