• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is where I think the deal is so complex - my take on it is that Ron wont have to service a £20m+ debt to Sainsburys. Sainsburys are now partners with Ron and they will take a percentage of the profit on all the associated developments.

Not only that, but I hear Andrex will be our new sponsors and we will officially be known as Team T**d, still after some of last season’s performances some people might suggest we earnt that title.

I can't understand why Sainsbury's are so heavily involved. They have never got this involved with a football club before, so why now? They are about the only Supermarket that hasn't. Christ, there are much bigger clubs than us out there, that would kill for this kind of backing. We are hardly going to raise the profile of Sainsbury's languishing in League Two.

So say they shell out £30m or so just to build the stadium, not the retail units, hotel, residential blah blah. Add that to the £20m or so for the RH site. That's a lot of wonga.

So what is in it for them?

They get a nice Superstore at RH. Maybe another smaller unit at FF Free of charge?.
Potential Stadium naming rights?
Potential Shirt sponsorship?
Potential Ad hoardings exposure?

Unless I am missing something that really is not a great deal for all the money they appear to be chucking in? I'm not even sure they would want their brand plastered all over a League Two club either?... I just don't get it.

More than meets the eye to this I think.

They get a huge superstore in the most densely populated area in the south-east.

I can't believe Sainsburys are drip feeding us cash and subsequently getting their good name dragged through the mud. If it were true there would be a fund set up and ring fenced that would be sufficient to meet all our obligations for the next 12 months.

The idea of RM running off to Sainsburys for another sub every couple of months is quite frankly ridiculous and anyone who believes it needs sectioning.

This won't concern them in the slightest - outside of our small corner of the world this situation isn't causing any ripples I'm sorry to say.

This won't concern them in the slightest - outside of our small corner of the world this situation isn't causing any ripples I'm sorry to say.

spot on sainsburys will get want they want out of this in the end, one way or another.

Back