• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And that was how long ago now? Ninth anniversary next week, isn't it?
Time to bring the troops home, methinks.
FWIW, I fully agree with you that "to do nothing was hardly an option."
It seems to me however,as you also imply,that our continued presence there will ultimately achieve nothing tangible and that as soon as US and other troops pull out, the country will eventually revert to being controlled by traditional warlords and the Taliban will eventually return to supplant any puppet or so called "democractic" Government that the West tries to impose on Afghanistan.

Not wishing to drag shrimpers chat into political debate... but should we pull the plug on chemo treatment for cancer sufferers, because they are all going to die at some point?

Not wishing to drag shrimpers chat into political debate... but should we pull the plug on chemo treatment for cancer sufferers, because they are all going to die at some point?

Not all of them do-not of cancer anyway.A very good friend of mine is over the five year all clear period now and she's still fighting.
As far as the war in Afghanistan is concerned,if ever it was a winnable war(which I tend to doubt),it would and should have been won by now.It's now time to cut our losses and face the facts, I feel.I don't think regime change will work in the long term in Iraq.I'm absolutely certain it won't in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
The soldiers are brave men, who turn over their hearts and their minds to those who they know not. Brave yes. Stupid, dangerous and mind controlled, yes. I do not support their stupidity because it leads to the deaths of the innocent. Do not celebrate them in my stadium.

You absolute ****.

The soldiers are brave men, who turn over their hearts and their minds to those who they know not. Brave yes. Stupid, dangerous and mind controlled, yes. I do not support their stupidity because it leads to the deaths of the innocent. Do not celebrate them in my stadium.

Its our armed forces that have kept this country a place where people like you can voice thier opinions without fear of persicusion , i bet they sometimes wonder why they bother !

your stadium who the **** are you

As I tweeted earlier, I may wear last season's shirt, best camouflage ever seeing as pretty much the whole team vanished as a result of wearing it.

Well did you? If so , it didn't work cos I spied you stuffing your face with the grub you bought in the Food bar by turnstiles 1 and 2 ;)

Back