• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think he was hoping for a Paddy Pimblet style viral moment. Unfortunately he’s just made himself look a bellend. Shame because he put on a great display.

Joshua’s head is gone .That was cringey. Usyk didn’t look impressed either. The line “how did you beat me”, was such a condescending yet telling one. A man who has thrown everything at it, failed, & subsequently knows the end (of his reputation/draw) is near.

Personally I thought it was a close fight. I didn’t score it, but it was clear that Usyk edged it.

Joshua still has options. Wilder? Fury? He won’t retire, I don’t think, but after that emotional display who knows. His head is gone.

Joshua’s head is gone .That was cringey. Usyk didn’t look impressed either. The line “how did you beat me”, was such a condescending yet telling one. A man who has thrown everything at it, failed, & subsequently knows the end (of his reputation/draw) is near.

Personally I thought it was a close fight. I didn’t score it, but it was clear that Usyk edged it.

Joshua still has options. Wilder? Fury? He won’t retire, I don’t think, but after that emotional display who knows. His head is gone.
It was embarrassing!

On another note I see shock horror, Tyson has unretired himself again.

Sentence of the night....... "how many belts you got now bruv" ...... Usyk's like ... wtf did he just say???? 🤣 🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wanted AJ to win, but he clearly lost. How was that a split decision? Some of these judges are useless and untrustworthy. His speech at the end was like from one of those people that have smoked too much weed in their life. It was nuts and all over the place. I watched it on an android box, so got Dazn instead of Sky, and had American commentators. They also spoke a load of wotsit, I turned the volume off by round 8.

AJ just added about 50mil to his next fight. Smart guy
I disagree, I think he will have lost a lot of interest from the casuals who help to bring in the money. It was very reminiscent of McGregor’s post fight interview in the ring against Dustin Poirier. He lost a lot of fans and reputation after that.

I’m not saying he’s not going to make mega money in his next fight. They’re both similar money machines who you announce a fight vs TBA and it will sell out. But he lost a lot of respect from a lot of people there and Eddie Hearn trying to defend him and calling people commenting about it on social media dickheads hasn’t and will not go down well.

This was about Usyk winning the fight for his country and doing it for his people who are going through an awful time! I respected AJ when before the result he grabbed the flag and was showing respect to Usyk and Ukraine. I instantly lost it when he did what he did.

A real shame because he proved he is adaptable and not a one trick pony. He made the changes required and came in with an affective game plan. Unfortunately Usyk is the better boxer and won a good fight. Targeting the body was a fantastic game plan and you watch the first fight I can’t remember him going for the body much. Some of those shots hurt Usyk and nearly had him in trouble.

But now all everyone will remember is AJ being a ******** after the fight. Yes Hearn AJ was the ******** not the fans on social media.

I wanted AJ to win, but he clearly lost. How was that a split decision? Some of these judges are useless and untrustworthy. His speech at the end was like from one of those people that have smoked too much weed in their life. It was nuts and all over the place. I watched it on an android box, so got Dazn instead of Sky, and had American commentators. They also spoke a load of wotsit, I turned the volume off by round 8.
Because boxing has and always will be like this. There are no set rules for scoring a fight and it can be ‘what a judge likes’, which is wrong! There should be a set criteria to follow but unfortunately there isn’t and we have incidents like this. If you fancy seeing a robbery Josh Taylor vs Jack Catterall, even with the commentary on they have Catterall as the winner, judges saw it the other way!

As for commentary, AJ is a DAZN fighter, I don’t know who was on DAZN comms as I had the Sky idiots Smith and Macklin. Who I thought were pretty fair to be honest, however a lot of people on social media saying they were bias towards Usyk because AJ left Sky. You will often find that the home fighter or the fighter that is favoured by the broadcaster is talked up every time they throw a punch regardless of hit, miss or hitting the gloves.

You could hear at points in the arena, when AJ was throwing the crowd were going wild for him hitting fresh air! A lot of his punches his the gloves but the crowd loved it. Of course it’s hard to tell when you’re sat in the gods and watching on a little screen.

Boxing can be worse than football at times it’s very tribal and decisions and support is very biased.

Because boxing has and always will be like this. There are no set rules for scoring a fight and it can be ‘what a judge likes’, which is wrong! There should be a set criteria to follow but unfortunately there isn’t and we have incidents like this. If you fancy seeing a robbery Josh Taylor vs Jack Catterall, even with the commentary on they have Catterall as the winner, judges saw it the other way!

As for commentary, AJ is a DAZN fighter, I don’t know who was on DAZN comms as I had the Sky idiots Smith and Macklin. Who I thought were pretty fair to be honest, however a lot of people on social media saying they were bias towards Usyk because AJ left Sky. You will often find that the home fighter or the fighter that is favoured by the broadcaster is talked up every time they throw a punch regardless of hit, miss or hitting the gloves.

You could hear at points in the arena, when AJ was throwing the crowd were going wild for him hitting fresh air! A lot of his punches his the gloves but the crowd loved it. Of course it’s hard to tell when you’re sat in the gods and watching on a little screen.

Boxing can be worse than football at times it’s very tribal and decisions and support is very biased.
Yes, I commented on that fight on here. Another reason I said some of these judges are useless and untrustworthy.

Yes, I commented on that fight on here. Another reason I said some of these judges are useless and untrustworthy.
Pretty much every week up and down the country and around the world there are dodgy scorecards! Sometimes they get overlooked because you get the right result.

Back