• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Usyk v Bellew 10th November at Manchester Arena. It’s on!

Good fight. Can’t see how Bellew wins, but as I’ve written him off of his last 4-5 fights, I’ll be quiet. What I can say though, is how annoying it is that it’s yet another Sky Box Office fight. When they revived Box Office under Hearn’s leadership a few years ago, the terms were that it was only to be utilised once a year. We’ve had three so far in 2018, with two more already scheduled (Joshua-Povetkin & Usyk-Bellew) & the possibility of another one in December (Khan)

I remember saying on here a few years ago, how Barry Hearn was a massive fan of the WWE’s model, (where they have a PPV once a month) and wouldn’t be surprised if that was Matchroom’s long term goal. Well, we’re halfway there.

Still haven’t seen the Canelo, Golovkin fight. Lots of people claiming it was a GGG victory, but have also seen people backing the Canelo decision, so I’m none the wiser. It seems the rounds were difficult to score & in some cases almost impossible to split. A third fight is all but confirmed, I’d say the biggest stumbling block would be the venue. Triple G won’t be in a hurry to rush back to The States for it, and I don’t blame him much.

I see Billy Joe Saunders had got himself in some bother. Honestly, it’s hard to like him sometimes. When I met him, he was very laid back, easy to talk to & seemed a nice enough guy. But lately he just seems to be losing the plot. This latest incident for those not aware, is a video of him driving his car, with a friend, where he has pulled over to the side of the road to antagonise a filthy skag head. He encourages the desperate degenerate to punch a passer-by in exchange for £150. The disease-infested bitch duly accepts & clumps this poor oblivious geezer, whilst accusing him of being a nonce. BJS then speeds away laughing his head off. It’s poor, unneccassary & highly damaging for his career. A lot of people finding it funny, which is their prerogative, but to me it was just purile & backwards. As much as I like him as a boxer, I’m hoping the police get involved here & he’s actually punished.

Anyway, on a lighter note, AJ - Povetkin this weekend. I’m away for the next few weeks so might not get a chance to stream it. The size difference will play a key part In This. If Joshua keeps him on the end of his jab, just as Wlad did, then it’s a walk in the park.

Povetkin has some explosive power, but it’s closing that range enough to be able to throw and land that’s the problem. Gunna go with a Joshua late stoppage, although I wouldn’t be shocked if Povetkin managed to see the final bells

I mentioned a few weeks ago that the rumours about MayPac2 had been circulating. Supposedly they’ve been in negotiations most of the summer, and a provisional deal is being worked out. Obviously that video of Mayweather seems to back these rumours up. Strange thing for Floyd to claim if it wasn’t true. Ok, I get that he’s an attention seeking, fame-whore, but this ones a little to descript to be just that.

I see Billy Joe Saunders had got himself in some bother. Honestly, it’s hard to like him sometimes. When I met him, he was very laid back, easy to talk to & seemed a nice enough guy. But lately he just seems to be losing the plot. This latest incident for those not aware, is a video of him driving his car, with a friend, where he has pulled over to the side of the road to antagonise a filthy skag head. He encourages the desperate degenerate to punch a passer-by in exchange for £150. The disease-infested bitch duly accepts & clumps this poor oblivious geezer, whilst accusing him of being a nonce. BJS then speeds away laughing his head off. It’s poor, unneccassary & highly damaging for his career. A lot of people finding it funny, which is their prerogative, but to me it was just purile & backwards. As much as I like him as a boxer, I’m hoping the police get involved here & he’s actually punished.

Jesus Christ, I’ve just watched the BJS video, what a prick! I went to an charity evening he was at and he came across so humble and a genuinely sound bloke. The pricks in the car didn’t help the situation by goading him on, still not acceptable. Talks of him losing his license, such a waste of a truly talented fighter. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dominic Ingle dropped him after that, wouldn’t want that associated with his gym.

On the PPV front with ITV getting involved along with BT if you buy all the PPV between now and Christmas in boxing it will cost you about £200!!

Jesus Christ, I’ve just watched the BJS video, what a prick! I went to an charity evening he was at and he came across so humble and a genuinely sound bloke. The pricks in the car didn’t help the situation by goading him on, still not acceptable. Talks of him losing his license, such a waste of a truly talented fighter. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dominic Ingle dropped him after that, wouldn’t want that associated with his gym.

The one in the car encouraging him is supposedly Kid Galahad. Another wrong’un.

Fairly surprised to see that there’s actual human beings defending him on social media. Imagine being so backward, that you watch this video & actually don’t find anything wrong with it.

As far as I’m concerned, BJS has dropped clanger after clanger, and is showing himself up for the bully he really is. Hopefully he’ll do it to the wrong person one day & get himself ironed out.

The one in the car encouraging him is supposedly Kid Galahad. Another wrong’un.

Fairly surprised to see that there’s actual human beings defending him on social media. Imagine being so backward, that you watch this video & actually don’t find anything wrong with it.

As far as I’m concerned, BJS has dropped clanger after clanger, and is showing himself up for the bully he really is. Hopefully he’ll do it to the wrong person one day & get himself ironed out.

It’s getting more press than when Conor Benn, Ted Cheeseman and Ohara Davies we’re taking the **** out of a disabled child!

On the PPV front with ITV getting involved along with BT if you buy all the PPV between now and Christmas in boxing it will cost you about £200!!

This is the thing, it’s not that much money in the grand scheme of things, but it’s the principle of it.

Still, as long as the various online streaming hero’s continue to fight the good fight, I won’t worry too much :)

I’ve just seen the card for Saturday night. Only 5 fights?

1) Racist vs Drug cheat
2) Luke Campbell rematching the guy who beat him years ago
3) Okolie vs Askin, which isn’t quite meh, but isn’t quite exciting
4) David Price being used as a heavy bag
5) shakrham Giyasov vs Julio Laguna - who?

Wow, Hearn is now not only robbing people, but openly mocking them aswel. No wonder you can still get tickets for this shower

I’ve just seen the card for Saturday night. Only 5 fights?

1) Racist vs Drug cheat
2) Luke Campbell rematching the guy who beat him years ago
3) Okolie vs Askin, which isn’t quite meh, but isn’t quite exciting
4) David Price being used as a heavy bag
5) shakrham Giyasov vs Julio Laguna - who?

Wow, Hearn is now not only robbing people, but openly mocking them aswel. No wonder you can still get tickets for this shower

Very similar to his last fight at Wembley a very weak undercard and a lot of people moaned about it but forgot because the main event was ‘fight of the year’.

I’m going because I love a Matchroom card and I think it will be his toughest test yet and is by far the riskiest fight he has been in. Kell Brook was supposed to be on the card but he’s obviously chasing Khan. I’ve never been bothered about the card or the event itself I just enjoy live boxing.

Usyk v Bellew is one to look forward to, Usyk should destroy Bellew but like GBJ says, you always write him off and he proves you wrong. I'd predict an Usyk win still but a brave performance from Bellew and not an easy night for Usyk.

Joshua v Povetkin should be pretty routine given the size difference, Joshua should be able to keep Povetkin at arms length. I'd go for Joshua on points. Didn't realise tickets were still available, I'd be tempted if it wasn't Wembley because Wembley is a pain in the backside. Would certainly go to future matchroom events at the o2.

Pacman v Mayweather doesn't interest me at all anymore

Don't think Mayweather Pacman will be worth seeing at all. Fight needed to happen a year or 2 earlier the first time around, let alone now.

Bellew/Usyk is one I can't wait for. I like David Haye, but got a new found respect for Bellew after his last 2 fights. Hoping he can shock the world and go out on a high. Proper fighter.

Rain, dodgy score cards and some really poor boxing:

Last night was one of the worst live boxing events I’ve been too. The card itself was very poor and I knew that before the event started but this was further ruined by lacklustre performances and some absolutely shocking decisions.

I have not watched any of the fights back nor will I bother so my view is purely from what I saw (I had pretty decent seats) and lack of a Matchroom commentator swaying my decision.

David Price, got into the ring apparently already injured which is a ****ing joke in itself. He hit Kuzmin a couple of times and it looked like someone would end up on their backside. In rounds 3 and 4 Price looked ****ed! He was knackered and I think the body shots from Kuzmin were really starting to hurt and he knew he wasn’t going to last with this guy after feeling his power, so pulled himself out with an ‘injury’ to save face and what’s left of the shoestring on his career.

Now the next fight was the WORST fight I have ever seen live in the flesh and this goes for any I’ve ever watched on TV too. Funnily enough the fight that was the worst was an Okolie fight too! Okolie v Askin, Okolie is a terrible boxer and is never going to get any further in his careers with shocking performances like that. Holds way too much for a guy with such a huge reach advantage over most people in his division. He had two points deducted and still managed to win by a huge margin. First of the shocking judges decisions. He is down as one of Hearn’s top prospects but he needs to stay away from these big events and be left on small hall shows. He doesn’t excite a crowd and will get destroyed by any of the world level cruisers. I really don’t ever want to see Okolie box again, I will now avoid him like the plaque. His Chamberlain fight was god awful but he redeemed himself against Watkins but this is the final straw. Put them against a half decent opponent and he is terrible!

Now onto the chief support, Campbell v Mendy. I thought this would be a good fight with Campbell looking to avenge his defeat. Mendy bossed the fight from what I saw he kept coming forward and put bags of pressure on Campbell. He had the more affective shots and looked the better fighter. I had him winning by a couple of rounds. When the judges decisions came out and there was a 119-108 i was disgusted. Had I been at home and not paid for the fight I would’ve turned the TV off and given up completely with boxing. The judges on this card were god awful! Now I don’t know if my view was different but I read a lot on twitter on the way home of people say Campbell put on a great performance. I would love to know what people thought of the fight here? Because I don’t want to watch it again!

The main event, filled with the usual over the top entrance from AJ, some rapper singing some **** on a stage that later rose with AJ. Lots of fire and fireworks gets the crowd rocking. Now to the fight for the first 5 rounds AJ looked awful he looked like he wasn’t bothered much and Povetkin had his number. He had the centre of the ring and kept coming forward he was getting the more affective shots through. The only thing that was working for AJ was the jab, but all he kept focusing on was looking for the highlight reel shots. 6th was a better round and then I think Rob McCracken must’ve given AJ the rocket he needed and he landed some great shots and sent Povetkin to the canvas. Game set and match!

Now I hate this saying as people always say it about Khan against Canelo, that he was winning before the knock out. The same goes for Povetkin he was winning until the knock out. But as I hate that saying because he got knocked out so anything prior doesn’t really matter.

Eddie Hearn needs to really put something special on for his April card at Wembley. I can’t imagine to many people who went to this one will be returning. Maybe the drunk knobheads who turned up went mental when Campbell came in like they cared and then as soon as the first bell went they ****ed off for more beer and didn’t see the fight. The type of people AJ attracts is so different to the usual boxing crowd.

To sum it up, **** night of boxing with a good ending for Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s stock has risen with that win. Now he needs to put him in with the winner of Wilder v Fury in April. Anything else and we all know that Hearn is avoiding those two.

And something I forgot to mention. I thought it was really poor from Matchroom having the 10 bell salute for Enzo Calzaghe before the Okolie fight when there was no one in there. Cannot get my head round their decision behind that.

And something I forgot to mention. I thought it was really poor from Matchroom having the 10 bell salute for Enzo Calzaghe before the Okolie fight when there was no one in there. Cannot get my head round their decision behind that.
Said that to my mates when they done it. Almost a lack of respect from an act that showed great respect in a way, if that makes sense.

AJ did well to win. Thought he was rocked good and proper end of that first round and the 2nd. Was an explosive finish.

**** undercard I make you right. Hearn is a robbing ******* so wouldn't hold your breath on a better April card.

Said that to my mates when they done it. Almost a lack of respect from an act that showed great respect in a way, if that makes sense.

AJ did well to win. Thought he was rocked good and proper end of that first round and the 2nd. Was an explosive finish.

**** undercard I make you right. Hearn is a robbing ******* so wouldn't hold your breath on a better April card.

And everyone wants the Wilder fight in April but judging by Hearn’s words afterwards I think it will be Whyte. He’s extending the capacity to 100k for the April fight. If it’s Wilder or Fury it sells 100k. If it’s Whyte you will struggle to match tonight’s attendance which was 75-80k.

Only way he boosts it to 100k is by having a huge undercard.

I was one of the ones who voted for Whyte haha. I like him, but for me, I want Fury to win in December and then Joshua Fury. That shifts 100k. Although, if the undercard is anything like this one, not sure how many will make it to the end! If I wasn't drinking last night I'd have fallen asleep

Agree on the undercard, it was poor. I actually thought AJ did well though, took his time to get used to Povetkin's style but found his feet after a couple of rounds and when it opened up he took full advantage against a decent opponent. He's the top of the tree and there is always a lot of focus on his weaknesses and failings but his strengths are always outweighing the nitpicking of everyone looking for a perfect performance. I'm not an AJ fanboy but credit where credit is due.

On the subject of the April show, it won't be AJ v Fury, in the post match conference Hearn said that Wilder has a rematch clause if Fury beats him so it wouldn't be possible. the only way we are going to get the big fight is if Wilder beats Fury, if not it will probably be Whyte v AJ. I've always wanted Fury to come back but I must admit the prospect of AJ v Wilder and Whyte having to wait meaning a possibility of Whyte v Chisora 2 does excite me, I love Chisora.

Back