• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dubois really laid down a marker tonight. On previous showings I thought he was missing that edge that turns good fighters into elite level fighters. But he showed that he might just have it.

People will inevitably talk about his power, but to me his biggest positive tonight, was his ability to stay calm & controlled. Even when Gorman was in trouble, I like that Dubois didn’t pounce on him. Gorman had caught him a couple of times with decent counter shots, and was looking for that left hook all night. Dubois had the sense to wait for the right moment, instead of putting himself in the firing line & trying to force it.

Also good to see he looks like he’s got some stamina about him. I know it was only 5 rounds, but he looked fresh, wasn’t blowing & his footwork was still sharp.

Only criticism I can give, is that his defence needs work. As I mentioned. Gorman caught him a couple of times, which was due to inexperience more than anything.

The rest of the HW division were just forced to sit up & take note.

Dubois is a good prospect at just 21*

Another fighter Antony Joshua will avoid at all costs ! Lol!

*Mike Tyson was undisputed world champ at that age though...

Pernell Whitaker remember him?
4 weight world champ dies in road accident!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48996920

Remember him? Sweet Pea is one of the greatest of all time.

Unfortunately his style wasn’t truly appreciated by everyone at the time - in the same way Mayweather is regarded as boring now - but he was one of, if not the best P4P fighters of his time.

I remember he fought Oscar De La Hoya in the late 90’s, to decide who was the best P4P fighter on the Planet. Anyone being mentioned in that regard, against someone of ODLH’s calibre, instantly commands respect.

I think it’s still on YouTube, and is worth a watch.

Many people over the years, have considered prime Whitaker Vs prime Mayweather, to be a dream match up. Don’t think a fight has ever gone 12-rounds without a single punch landed, from either fighter

Pacman versus Thurman this weekend what are your thoughts .Interesting fight this one .

No VADA testing, it’s got a Pacquiao win written all over it.

Pac’s the narrow favourite with the bookies.

I think those slashing jabs of his will win him enough rounds, but he’ll have to avoid Thurman’s KO shot. Tough to split them here.

If Pac’s still got enough in the tank, he’ll edge a points win. Got a sneaky feeling though, that Thurman can win this via late stoppage

Pac’s the narrow favourite with the bookies.

I think those slashing jabs of his will win him enough rounds, but he’ll have to avoid Thurman’s KO shot. Tough to split them here.

If Pac’s still got enough in the tank, he’ll edge a points win. Got a sneaky feeling though, that Thurman can win this via late stoppage

I hope Thurman wins because if Pacquiao wins then Khan gets another world title shot and he doesn’t deserve it!

I hope Thurman wins because if Pacquiao wins then Khan gets another world title shot and he doesn’t deserve it!
why will KHan get another world title shot if Pacman wins.I think acman will go after Crawford should he defeat Thurman

why will KHan get another world title shot if Pacman wins.I think acman will go after Crawford should he defeat Thurman

Because that’s what he seems to think! He’s obviously got some Saudi money knocking about and if he can get £8m to fight Billy Dib think about the money he will have to offer with Pacquiao! There is a big Philippines contingent out in Jeddah and they want to see him fight Khan. Don’t be surprised if Pacquiao's next fight is Khan regardless of if he wins or loses on Saturday.

Pacman gets 20 million a fight ,he would get more than that should he defeat Thurman and fight CRAWFORD

Pacman gets 20 million a fight ,he would get more than that should he defeat Thurman and fight CRAWFORD

I disagree, money wise he would earn more fighting Khan in Saudi than he would for fighting Crawford in the US. Khan got £8m for fighting a featherweight who had retired. The oil rich tycoons will throw money at this fight.

Chisora with an absolutely brutal knockout!

He’s got to fight Parker next.

That was a devastating stoppage. Up there with KO of the Year, easily.

Szpilka was out cold after that first overhand right. Instinct kicked in, and he managed to get his hands up, but his eyes were all over the place & he simply couldn’t see those punches coming. Brutal finish by Chizzy.

Back