• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For me, he is that bad. After two days of reflection, the cynic in me thinks that Martin has sacked Tilson now as opposed to the end of last season so as to not affect season ticket sales. To me it doesn't make sense to sack him two months after the season has finished.

Doesn't it? From a hard-headed point of view, it makes a lot of sense if you believe as I do that he was waiting for Sainsbury's to commit the amount of cash he needed to replace him and fund a new squad. He knew that there would be mayhem amongst the fans when they heard the news, so he made the interegnum as brief as possible.

Which doesn't mean I will easily forgive him for it, nor will I soon forget the pathetic "Eastwood era" jibe.

Ron martin is the anti-Christ as far as I am concerned. I thought Jobson was bad but Martin is 10 times worse. All the problems we have had in the last few years are down to him no one else. His treatment of Tilson is the most disgraceful moment in the clubs history and I don't believe for one moment we will have a squad capable of staying up this season.

I can sympathise with the first part of your post, but I think your dislike of Martin is swaying your judgement about the squad - I would be suprised if Sturrock can't at least keep us up now.

Back