• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Probably moved to the correct forum, BB! NJ back? F*ck him!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet Blue @ May 15 2005,07:03)]Started this topic on 14th May but it appears to have been removed! Nathan Jones has been released by Brighton and I, for one, believe he would be one of the missing pieces of the current squad. Able to operate down the left defending and attacking, excellent delivery, and I believe would prove to be a valuable resigning. I believe that Lewis Hunt, when and if fit, must play in front of Jupp, we look more solid both defending and attacking with him, the defence looks more confident, and his passing is far better than Jupps. Nathan Jones would offer the same option on the left.
Don't re-sign him. The main reason is, to quote The Supremes (minus Diana Ross) and Bananarama, "Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long"
tounge.gif

I know that this has been rumoured in recent days but according to one of the guys I work with down here, who has Brighton & Hove Albion connections and generally knows his stuff, we have approached Nathan Jones for next season.

Take it for what you will, but I would be surprised if he's wrong.

Great news if it's true. Should he sign, will we be chanting "Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long"?
wink.gif

Interesting. Tilly did say the other day though that we have a list of names we want, but we won't start any deals rolling until after our last game.
rock.gif

Not fair.
biggrin.gif

I very rarely visit the ex-Shrimpers forum so didn't realise there was another Nathan Jones topic on the go until now. So yes, I am aware my joke wasn't original after all - damn you, CCCsiders.
laugh.gif

Mind you, I was quoting the Bananarama version... so ner.
tounge.gif

Jones, Jenkins or Powell. I feel another poll coming on. Powell won't, Jones would, Jenkins should!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sussex Shrimper @ May 17 2005,17:32)]I know that this has been rumoured in recent days but according to one of the guys I work with down here, who has Brighton & Hove Albion connections and generally knows his stuff, we have approached Nathan Jones for next season.

Take it for what you will, but I would be surprised if he's wrong.
Hope he's stopped doing that pathetic silly attempt to try do a step over?

Surely there is better left sided players than him available for next season?

I'd give him a chance but a step in the wrong direction if you ask me.

I didn't really rate him when he was with us last time.

I heard saturday, if we go up we will sign Gary Holt from Rochdale and Jabo Ibhere from Borient! Not sure the same applies if we are attempting to sign Ibhere?

Apparantly the deal for Holt is a certainty but depends on if we go up!

You heard it here first!

Holt - now you're talking. A big strong target man who knows where the back of the net is... at last, the successor to Bretty Angell.

Still, we're not going up, so this is all pie in the sky.

sad.gif

As for Jones... he's 32 for heaven's sake. OK, Spinner's no spring chicken... but Spinner is bloody class. Is Jones?

rock.gif

Matt

Ibehre is pretty cack from what I remember. God's certainly a better player!

Can't see how on earth we'd be able to afford Holt, and certainly Rochdale would be in no mood to sell!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 17 2005,18:55)]Ibehre is pretty cack from what I remember. God's certainly a better player!

Can't see how on earth we'd be able to afford Holt, and certainly Rochdale would be in no mood to sell!?
One of my mate's girlfriends is friends with John Stannards wife.

My mate spoke to John Stannard and said about Holt, but only if we get promoted this season.

Gary Holt, Holt, Holt!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 17 2005,18:57)]Oh, and did whoever tell you this say Gary Holt? As it's Grant Holt!
Yep Correction, Grant Holt not Gary!

Doesn't Gary play for Norwich??

Anyone got any opinions on Grant Holt!

It's a done deal dependent on if we go up.

Back