• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah, he's always injured it seems.

And yep, Gary Holt plays for Norwich.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You heard it here first!

Heard that rumour and the Ibhere one on the Trust coach on the way home on Sunday.  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 17 2005,18:48)]Jones, Jenkins or Powell. I feel another poll coming on. Powell won't, Jones would, Jenkins should!
Surely your joking about Jenkins? He was toilet.

Will he play at left back or left midfield, though...?

rock.gif

Well, that certainly puts paid to any rumours linking him with a return to Roots Hall, that's for sure...

Matt

I knew he was talking to three clubs, but I was under the impression that the other two were both in League 2. To be honest I'm not really disappointed, as for all of his fancy stepovers I can't remember much end product from him and I don't think he would have offered us anything that Nicky Nic doesn't.

Nice to know that Yeovil squad 'strengthening' entails the acquisition of our 'cast-offs'.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ June 28 2005,14:21)]Nice to know that Yeovil squad 'strengthening' entails the acquisition of our 'cast-offs'.  
biggrin.gif
While he might be a "cast off" if he were playing for us now, he most certainly wasn't one when he left Roots Hall 5 seasons ago. He was arguably our best player back then. Who can forget the shuffle and mighty step over?!?!?!?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ June 28 2005,15:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ June 28 2005,14:21)]Nice to know that Yeovil squad 'strengthening' entails the acquisition of our 'cast-offs'.  
biggrin.gif
While he might be a "cast off" if he were playing for us now, he most certainly wasn't one when he left Roots Hall 5 seasons ago. He was arguably our best player back then. Who can forget the shuffle and mighty step over?!?!?!?!
I can quite easily forget his shuffle and step over. Best player five seasons ago? Not that hard. He would certainly add nothing to the team of today. Gone and good riddance. He was a poor mans Neil Jenkins and its only a shame that we released Jenks.
suspect.gif

Think our Nath's trying to win a "State the bleedin obvious" competition

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Yeovil man bids to emulate Albion
New signing Nathan Jones hopes Yeovil can emulate his old club Brighton by pushing for back-to-back promotions.
"When I was at Brighton, we won the Third Division, a bit like Yeovil winning League Two last season," the winger told the Western Daily Press.

"We went up into the Second Division, now League One, and went straight through that and won that.

"I don't think Yeovil can come into League One looking to be bit-part players. We could surprise people."

Source: BBC Sport

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ June 28 2005,18:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shooter mcgavin @ June 28 2005,15:33)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif
I can quite easily forget his shuffle and step over. Best player five seasons ago? Not that hard. He would certainly add nothing to the team of today. Gone and good riddance. He was a poor mans Neil Jenkins and its only a shame that we released Jenks.
suspect.gif
Well, to be fair to him, he was very good on his day and I'm sure he wouldn't have been in the Brighton team that got promoted from this division for sentimentality.

Considering that Gower struggled for form all last season, Nicky had about three good games left wing and Che is much the right back struggling on manfully at left back, perhaps we shouldn't be dismissing him quite so quickly!

Also, last day of the season, dances in the box before calmly slotting past the keeper. We were going nowhere but it didn't matter, that was magical!

biggrin.gif
unclesam.gif

He always did a very good job for us, and nobody can blame him for moving on, i would have been more than happy had he of signed for us this summer.

Although i wont shed tears over the fact he has not

I saw a feature on ITV's Westcountry Live this evening, where Nathan Jones appeared because he is helping out Yeovil Town's new Argentinian striker, Pablo Bastianini. Pablo doesn't speak any English, and Nathan is the only player at Yeovil who can speak any Spanish, having played in Spain for a bit before coming to Roots Hall in 1997. So it showed the two players leaning over an English-Spanish dictionary as Nathan tried to teach Pablo how to say "sick as a parrot", ha ha. I see from Yeovil's website that they've just had clearance through for another Argentinian striker, Luciano Alvarez, so it seems that Nathan may have his work cut out!

Some of you may be interested to know that Nathan's new friend, Pablo Bastianini, had a trial with Hertha Berlin in May, and has already scored for Yeovil against West Ham.

Finally, check out this picture of Nathan Jones from the Yeovil Town website. Click here.

Heavy night, was it, Nathan?!

ghostface.gif
laugh.gif

Nathan Jones played for CD Numancia de Soria S.A.D. for one season in 1996/97. They finished second in the Segunda División B (the equivalent of League One in England) and won the subsequent play-offs to gain promotion to the Segunda División. Whether Jones had any influence in subsequent years at Los Pajoritos is unknown but the club did go on to win promotion to the Primera División within two seasons after he left to join the Shrimpers. They now languish in the Segunda División after finishing in the bottom three of the Primera División last season.

WS

Good God he looks terrible!

The Bastianini signing does show what happens when you have good contacts within the game though, as Gary Johnson must have from his time in International football. He should be an exciting signing for them. He played for Millwall against us in Pre Season didn't he?

Back