• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Ricky Otto one of the greatest 12 figures in SUFC history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe that Ricky Otto was also killed during the filming of Ben-Hur. And appeared as a ghost in 'Three Men and a Baby'.

Oooh, I bow to your pseudo-hooligan language.

Lord Football calling me pathetic and you telling me to jog on - what next, wiffy telling me to get a life.
Give it a rest Naps...

This all boils down to the fact that when Otto left and Chapman came, a rumour went round regarding Otto and Leslie Ash...you didn't hear it, neither did Number 11...probably stood in different parts of the ground!!

So you didn't hear it, so what, I never heard the rumour about PT's daughters, don't mean there wasn't a rumour.

At the end of the day, I was gutted when Otto left, he should be in the hall of fame and I voted he goes in..

How did you vote, out of interest?

Give it a rest Naps...

This all boils down to the fact that when Otto left and Chapman came, a rumour went round regarding Otto and Leslie Ash...you didn't hear it, neither did Number 11...probably stood in different parts of the ground!!

So you didn't hear it, so what, I never heard the rumour about PT's daughters, don't mean there wasn't a rumour.

At the end of the day, I was gutted when Otto left, he should be in the hall of fame and I voted he goes in..

i voted no.

Give it a rest Naps...

i voted no.

For pity's sake will you two get a room and let everyone else get on with reminiscing about Ricky Otto?

I remember walking to my bird's gaff off Hamlet Court Rd twenty years ago and seeing a whopping great big limo pull up. Out jumped two huge geezers and with stupid Brummie accent one of them said good evening!
Just as i was thinking sheet, i'm gonna get backside bothered all of a sudden Ricky bleedin' Otto strolled past me and got in the car.

Well, it was a well known fact at the time that the fat f**k Fry was crawling all over our club after our players and with this in mind i remarked to Otto "tell that Fry he's a w****r when you get up there".

You could say he looked suprised.

A well written piece, that left me with no option afterwards, other than to vote him in.

Should opposition votes be counted in an SUFC related Hall Of Fame?????
If they do can you withdraw my vote YB,because i dont think thats right.

Exellent, and there was me getting worried I was incapable of eliciting a reaction these days :D

I've just remembered Ricky Otto scored the winner in my first ever Orient game. Definitely an Orient legend, not a Southend one ;)

I dont care what you think to be honest,your correct he saw him in his 96 games for Orient,whats that matter?,in i repeat a SUFC related hall of fame.
I wouldnt vote Scott Houghton into a Orient related hall of Fame just because he played for us.
If his allowed to vote id rather not be part of this SUFC HOF thanks but thats upto me.

if you dont like my attitude dont reply to me?

you know i dont like you and im sure the feelings mutual so why reply to me so consistantly,if you dont like what i post dont acknowledge them.

Thanks for your rep. Get the gist but may have to get my neighbours 10 year old to translate for me.

Will not be entering into any arguments with you here and have PM'd you. At least then when you respond and threaten me again like you did last time, you won't then have to pretend that you really wanted to ask me out for a drink "to sort things out"...:)

By the way, actually I don't dislike you, I basically just feel sorry for you as I really think you must have big problems with something in your life and serious anger management issues.

Apparently, I've got to say it to him directly. So yes, he's wrong. Unless anyone else remembers a rumour about Otto and Ash? Anyone? Bueller?

The rumour, as I understand it, is that when Lee Chapman joined Southend briefly in January 1995, his decision to leave after only one game was not motivated by a desire to join Ipswich Town on a permanent move, but because his wife Leslie Ash hadn't slept with Birmingham City player Ricky Otto, in the same way that she hadn't slept with Eric Cantona (or so she says!). The fact that Otto wasn't even at the club anymore when Chapman joined Southend surely makes this the lamest rumour since this one:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/manbeef.asp

You couldn't make it up. Except they obviously did.

Fine player but hasn't done enough to make the HOF for me. Plus I still haven't forgiven him for miss an open goal in the Anglo-Italian semis against Notts County. Had that gone in we were at Wembley.
Had Judas Fry not cleared off to Birmingham and Otto could have stayed for a few more years then he may have been right up there with Collymore and Eastwood in terms of lengends status.

The rumour, as I understand it, is that when Lee Chapman joined Southend briefly in January 1995, his decision to leave after only one game was not motivated by a desire to join Ipswich Town on a permanent move, but because his wife Leslie Ash hadn't slept with Birmingham City player Ricky Otto, in the same way that she hadn't slept with Eric Cantona (or so she says!). The fact that Otto wasn't even at the club anymore when Chapman joined Southend surely makes this the lamest rumour since this one:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/manbeef.asp

You couldn't make it up. Except they obviously did.

Lol, i remember listening to James Whale on talkradio talking about this. He even believed it

Theres an uncanny parallel between Otto and Eastwood, in that both were legends at the hall but lost it when they left.

Back