• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

J

The Chameleon
So, they have done extremely well again this year, coming 5th in the london Mayoral Vote. But do we really know the truth about the B.N.P? Have you actually read the manifesto and mission statements?

Ok, so they are a bit far right of the middle, but they want the best for this country. In my opinion, obviously, the problem is as i see it, that the party is run by baffoons, and idiots who sometimes have no concept of reality, however, they do have some right ideas.

Who can honestly say they 100% disagree with any of these policies?

EUROPE - back to British independence!

We are opposed to the Single European Currency, and support the overwhelming majority of the British people in their desire to keep the Pound and our traditional weights and measures. At the same time, we are for the best possible relationship with our European neighbours and believe that the nations of Europe should be free to trade and cooperate whenever it is mutually beneficial, though without being forced into a political and economic straitjacket - political unification. Accordingly, we stand for British withdrawal from the European Union. In place of the EU, we intend to aim towards greater national self-sufficiency, and to work to restore Britain’s family and trading ties with Australia, Canada and New Zealand, and to trade with the rest of the world as it suits us

LAW AND ORDER - crack down on crime!

The BNP will crack down on crime and restore public safety and confidence. We will free the police and courts from the politically correct straitjacket that is stopping them from doing their job properly. The liberal fixation with the ‘rights’ of criminals must be replaced by concern for the rights of victims, and the right of innocent people not to become victims. We support the re-introduction of corporal punishment for petty criminals and vandals, and the restoration of capital punishment for paedophiles, terrorists and murderers as an option for judges in cases where their guilt is proven beyond dispute, as by DNA evidence or being caught red-handed.

EDUCATION - discipline, standards, achievement!

We are against the ‘trendy’ teaching methods that have made Britain one of the most poorly educated nations in Europe. We will end the practice of politically correct indoctrination in all its guises and we will restore discipline in the classroom, give authority back to teachers and put far greater emphasis on training young people in the industrial and technological skills necessary in the modern world. We will also seek to instill in our young people knowledge of and pride in the history, cultures and heritage of the native peoples of Britain.

AGRICULTURE - quality before quantity!

We see a strong, healthy agriculture sector as vital to the country. Britain’s farming industry will be encouraged to produce a much greater part of the nation’s need in food products. Priority will be switched from quantity to quality, as we move from competing in a global economy to maximum self-sufficiency for Britain. We will ensure a major shift to healthier and more sustainable organic farming. We are pledged to ensure the restoration of Britain’s once great fishing industry with the reimposition of the former exclusion zones around our coast.

PENSIONERS - pensioners before asylum seekers!

The conditions in which many of Britain’s old people are forced to live are a national disgrace. We are pledged to ensure that all our old folk are able to live in comfortable homes, and will restore the earnings link with pensions. Elderly people who have paid a lifetime of taxes and reared families should not have to sell their homes to pay for care.

DEFENCE - no more cuts!

Successive cuts in defence spending have left Britain’s armed forces perilously weak. We will boost Britain’s armed forces to ensure that they are able to deal with any emergency, and defend our homeland and our independence. We will bring our troops back from Germany and withdraw from NATO, since recent political developments make both commitments obsolete. We will close all foreign military bases on British soil, and refuse to risk British lives in meddling ‘peace-keeping’ missions in parts of the world where no British interests are at stake - a position of armed neutrality. We will also restore national service for our young with the option of civil or military service

So come on, what one of those really gets your goat, and why?

Its all very sensible, when you breakthrough the "Racist" skin of the B.N.P.

They got a seat in thurrock, which was fantastic, and i am indeed jealous of my pal west ham dan who supports southend.

Why should we put Foreign scroungers in front of people who have served there life in and for this country? why are they made to be the second class citizens?

As said before, this isn't racism, is rationalism. Why should it be racist to be proud of one's country and heritage, i'm fricking proud at the victories in many wars, i'm proud we were strong enough (once!!) to have an enormous empire. I am ****ing proud we sent thousands of troops, thousands of miles to the falklands, and gave the argies weeks of notice, and we still did the ****ers (in their own garden, apparently!!)

I'm glad people want to come and live here from other places, what i am not glad with, is why they are here, what they do here, how they got here, and what they are doing to a once proud, strong nation, with morals, values and democracy. Where you could walk down the street and know everyone, where people weren't afraid at night to walk down the road, where people would see a Black man and actually talk to him, as there would be no quarms about it.

But now, we have a racially divided britain, and the sooner it's gone, the better. However, i don't think it'll be the Ethnic Minorities that will leave...

J

Last edited:
...........and behind every glossy, well produced leaflet there's a Munich Putsch waiting to happen!

Please explain..

I'm just very apathetical at the moment, I would like to think that the BNP mean everything they say and it all sounds great but I just find hard to believe theres not something more sinister under the surface as you said yourself they are run by buffoons.

A good write up J, acknowledging that they are manmen but also giving them credit for the good principles they have. For me, noway would I consider voting for them as they seem to be a racist party. I was saying yesterday that I was surprised they could say these things, let alone become a party. It's freedom of speech though.

Just skim reading those principles, they all seem well intentioned. However as I say, they would probably take each of those principles and stretch them too far. They certainly seem to have with the 'back to British independence'.

When i was at uni about seven years ago there was a documentary on how the bnp had recruited its first ethnic member and they interviewed him. It turned out to be a fella in the same class as me, and he was subsequently hounded out of greenwich uni. Whatever way you look at it the bnp will always be viewed as racist and dangerous by the majority, and in my opinion are not the answer.

We should be like the french and realise the worth of people power. Its not that hard to bring the country to a stand still if everyone stands up for their rights.

Just seen the results from my area (Ealing & Hillingdon) and the BNP beat the Greens for fourth place in the Mayoral voting. Quite surprised at that.

I had read the Manifesto J
I couldn't see anything on how they were going to fund these initiatives though.
How will the extra revenue be raised.

also what will come first, the increase in the agricultural productivity or the withdrawal from the EU ? Because with out the Agriculture in place , I would imagaine that the reduction of EU imports would drive food prices up, yet were we to increase production contrary to EU regs it may have an adverse effect other issues were are dependent on the EU for.

I am always wary of the Spend Spend type of Manifesto (The Lib Dems are particularly fond of this type of thing) It always smacks (to me) of promising the moon on a stick , safe in the knowledge that they will never have to deliver the impossible dream, so they don't have to worry about it.

I would, to be honest, be far more interested in the BNP (or TBH the Lib Dems, UKIP etc) if the promises were backed up with accurate financials as well.

You obviously know a damn site more about the BNP than I do, do they have proposals to reform the Tax and national Insurance structure (for example) ?

When i was at uni about seven years ago there was a documentary on how the bnp had recruited its first ethnic member and they interviewed him. It turned out to be a fella in the same class as me, and he was subsequently hounded out of greenwich uni

Doesn't that make the hounders as bad as the houndee?

I personally don't support the BNP, however I'd support their right to stand for election as much as any other party. If people don't like it when they occasionally get a seat, then those people should consider whether or not they really want to live in a democracy.

They do say about cutting foreign aid and there would be no contributions to the EC - but how much would that save?

Also as farming is pretty much un-viable dont most farmers get a huge EU subsidy under the Common Agricultural Policy or something like that?

That would disappear.

The figures would be interesting, are there any?

It's an interesting point - being that I now live in the only UKIP MP constituency, I think the three "main" political parties have to look at themeselves....

Doesn't that make the hounders as bad as the houndee?

I personally don't support the BNP, however I'd support their right to stand for election as much as any other party. If people don't like it when they occasionally get a seat, then those people should consider whether or not they really want to live in a democracy.

if the bnp ever seized power in this country, i wonder how long we'd be living in a democracy.

They do say about cutting foreign aid and there would be no contributions to the EC - but how much would that save?

Also as farming is pretty much un-viable dont most farmers get a huge EU subsidy under the Common Agricultural Policy or something like that?

That would disappear.

The figures would be interesting, are there any?
When Britain entered the EEC our farmers along with the USA were the most productive in the world with no subsidies,now we get subidies not to grow,very strange

if the bnp ever seized power in this country, i wonder how long we'd be living in a democracy.

In your opinion, however if they did get elected then it'd be because the majority disagreed with your views. That's democracy, giving the right to choose to those often ill equipped to do so!

The means can never soley justify the ends.
You change or you die , fact of life , BNP and their ilk dont understand that , (or any extremist from across the political spectrum)

In your opinion, however if they did get elected then it'd be because the majority disagreed with your views. That's democracy, giving the right to choose to those often ill equipped to do so!

Please don't patronise me. I just wonder whether the bnp are taming their manifesto to make themselves more electable.

Who can honestly say they 100% disagree with any of these policies?

J,

Not necessarily me, you may be surprised to hear...

But the thing is, what you've presented us with seem to be more 'principles' than 'policies'. The items set out the BNP's stance on issues without actually providing information on how they're going to deliver anything.

The thing that sticks out to me about the whole piece is how much it reminds me of Boris' mayoral manifesto e.g: "Too much crime in London - let's cut it by 20%!" which is a wonderful soundbite, but sorely lacking in actual substance.

It does go to show that the BNP are making the concerted effort to present themselves as more centrist than they traditionally have in the past (and are, in the heart of their higher eschelons) - I honestly don't think it will be long until they are stealing a significant proportion of the 'Old Tory' vote, especially if Dave "call me Dave" Cameron keeps steering the Cons into New Labour waters.

Whether you agree with the BNP or not (and note, I am offering no personal political opinion ) they are the only option outside of the 'norm' - the amorphous mass that the three big hitters have currently dissolved into has narrowed the 'norm' spectrum to a centrist dogfight. It's parties like the BNP who position themselves away from that which the average voter is so disillusioned with who will profit. That is, of course, if they can successfully a) present their policies in a way which defines how as well as why, and b) overcome the stigma attatched to their name. Those, and if NewLab keep being useless.

Back