• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done mate! I haven't a clue who you are, but us poor unfortunates who have fluffy bunnies for employers, need to get away from them!

Hopefully I will be as fortunate as you next year!

Good luck

Thanks chaps, I really am touched by the kind remarks and good wishes. As it happens, I managed to get up to see my line manager today and got a shock when he gave me a big grin and shook my hand while telling me he was leaving on Monday. Made my job easier when I told him I was handing in my notice. I just got a big smile as he said he was amazed it had taken so long.

I'm booked in at the hospital to have my phone removed from my lug'ol because since 2 o'clock this afternoon it has managed to weld itself to my ear with all the phone calls. Every driver in Essex has called to check if the rumour is true, as has my control room manager, my depot director and my area director who have all set up meetings next week to 'sort this problem out' Not this time I'm afraid. So far I have been offered the depot managers job ( not in this life time, I have no desire to be on call 24/7 for the rest of my life) a substanial wage increase (heard it all before) and the usual 'You will be sadly missed and what can we do to make you stay' (nothing this time)

I am the only driver in Essex who doesn't touch cloth when he has to collect an Aston Martin or Ferrari, who can deal with Skyliners or Imprezza's without ripping off the skirt and won't faint when asked to load an 1000cc motorbike without a bike frame. It's not rocket science, it's just a car or bike and you just use a little grey matter to get the job done. Well unless they sort out their drivers that are left very quickly then Essex is going to be a recovery company short very soon. That's not being bigheaded, that's explaining what sort of crap I have had to put up with for so long.

Ha!! I almost forgot, I was told today that staying might be in my interest as we have just signed a new contract with the AA. That was 20 minutes after I was laying under an MGF on the M25 with a blown headgasket owned by a women from the BBC Orchestra who was also heaverly pregnant who had been waiting for over an hour and a half. Tempting eh?

I walk away with a clear coincience.

Back