• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Living in Lincolnshire was always going to make Saturday an awkward journey to MilStad. Coupled with the fact I woke up Saturday feeling rough as toast (nerves, or the 'Good Luck' meal my girlfriend treated me too on Friday??) and just could not face another 4 hour drive after dashing up and down motorways the last few months.... but, I mustered up one last effort, turned the key and headed to the M1 - shirt on and scarf in window.

It wasnt too long before the odd looks from Lincoln cars and the odd $%&*er sign started (about 10 mins from home!) ... my dodgy stomach was meaning a stop at the services every other one and each one was heaving with Lincoln fans - and a fair number of Wednesday fans too. Actually, the Wednesday fans probably outnumbered Lincoln and me all the way down!

Anyway, at one of the many service stops, I noticed a traffic flash warning of 'long delays' on the M5 Southbound where we would be joining it - J5-8. Would my stomach last a lengthy jam? I risked exiting the M5 for a detour through the country and Droitwich/Worcester. In my panicked decision, I soon realised the amount of services would be limited - damn... Anyway, I made it through the detour and rejoined the M5 - stomach settled by a couple more immodium!

I was taking on lots of water on the drive as I couldnt eat - and I hadnt stopped for over an hour and a half, but was sure now on the M50 that the services would come soon... But almost straight away, brake lights and another massive queue. I was absolutely bursting and for the first time in my 29 years, took a leak in an empty bottle of Evian in the car! I was so ashamed, but better than $%&*ing myself
biggrin.gif

Anyway, that done with we reached the source of the delay - a 5 car prang. As I drew closer I saw a bizarre site - all 5 cars that were smashed were Sheff Weds fans and each had a scarf in the back window... Hope its worth it for those particular fans today (nobody looked hurt to be fair).

Anyways, more delays in traffic, more service stops (glad to wash my hands!) and the clock is heading towards 2pm and I am in panic mode. My family and friends had been at the ground since 12 and had my ticket. The delays meant I eventually met up with them at about half 2 - phew!

In the ground 5 mins and Kenny pops his head up as he is sitting a few rows behind us. I spot who I think is Matt the Shrimp (it was BTW) and I should of said hello, but didnt - sorry Matt!

At half time, we decided to move to the half-way line with so many empty seats. My mate does the re-con and declares it safe to move. As we sit down in the padded seats, I spot Bob Dowie (Iain's brother) sitting behind us and then some quite glamorous women (and men TBF) start walking in. We realise where we are sitting and decide it best to move. Just as we are going to get up, Barry Fry walks in in front of us. Takes all our strength not to spit on him!
wink.gif

Safely back amongst SUFC fans, we are joined by a Notts County scout for the second half - I try to catch a glimpse of his notes, but wasnt sure who he was watching. The guy he was with packs his notes away when Gray got subbed?! One to watch...

The view and atmos is not as good as behind the goal, so we go back for ET to witness the Blues do the business and start heading back to where we belong!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

After the game, Kenny introduced me to Bob Crachitt - which was nice to put a face to the avatar! Would like to have met some of the other guys too, but maybe next time.

To top off a strange and happy weekend, I was occosted walking back to the coach by a guy I used to work with 8 years ago and havent seen in that time. I didnt even know he was a Blues fan, but there he was in full SUFC get up! Weird, weird weekend...

....all that and you didn't mention breaking your glasses in the celebrations.
biggrin.gif

Oh yea!! I knew there was something else...

My mate clobbered me during the first goal celebrations and snapped my glasses! All in a good cause, but I am now technically blind...

Back