• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onion_Bag_Dave

YEELLLOOOWWWSSS
1. Chanting '****ing Useless to our own player who puts his ****ing heart into his performances, doing what nobody else wants to do, the ****ing dirty work.
2. Cheering when Rhys Evans catches the ball. Brilliant.
3. Constant moaning.
4. Chanting the Seagull louder than anything else.
5. Last 4 minutes absolutely no noise at all to encourage and to get behind our team who could have earned a well deserved point.
6. Cheering when the substitution where made.
7. Sitting in chair not moving, clapping, shouting, breathing.
8. Actual verbal abuse towards players, OUR OWN ****ING PLAYERS.

On the Richter scale of idiocy today was off the scale.

This list could go on.

I've had enough of the ****ing fans. Ron Martin might have ****ed us up, we might be skint, some of the players might not be good enough. But I feel more driven out of this club, which we all ****ing love, by our own fans, and it isn't just a minority it's a lot of them.

We deserved atleast a point today, and if it wasn't for a completely outrageously well struck free kick and a muck up defensively and by the goal keeper we would have had three points.

I'm not pointing the finger at anybody in particular because I heard it from all angles, told several people to **** off home, and that's is exactly what I'm doing now, please just **** off and don't come back . I can take not winning sometimes, but I can't take idiocy.

Looking at Blair's face when he heard ' ****ing useless ' actually has upset me, he just shook his head and you could tell, he just thought 'you absolute idiots'. He puts a lot into his game, and it goes un noticed, not only effort but he offers a lot.

These players are here, they want to play for us, some of them may not have had any other offers, but they are still here, so I love every single one of them.

Running off the pitch, hearing yourself being cheered off because you know the fans don't want you there must be the worst feeling in the world. You can say 'Oh they are men they can take it, they get paid to play football for christ sake' That's exactly right, but it doesn't stop the hurt does it? I just hope that someone reads what I'm saying now and thinks 'Oh **** maybe I have been being a bit stupid'. I hope someone reads this and passes it onto the players because some of us actually appreciate the effort, even if it's a loss, they still put effort in, it hurts losing. But we still performed well, at times we where real quality.

I don't even know if these sentences are well structured, or if there are any spelling mistakes or anything that might be held under 'grammaticality'.

**** sake. I could go on but I just might lose my mind.

Agreed, we were still in the game, there were85 minutes to recover and the only noise was abuse to sturrock, is it any wonder he gets better reports away from home? I don't mind silence but why abuse your own players for one bad touch, if grant makes a mistake No one gets on his back

Are you f***ing serious? How can you seriously cheer and support that rubbish performance today? It's not the fans fault that we played crap and i'm not a hypocrit to tell em they are as good as Messi when all they do is Mess up!

Are you f***ing serious? How can you seriously cheer and support that rubbish performance today? It's not the fans fault that we played crap and i'm not a hypocrit to tell em they are as good as Messi when all they do is Mess up!

Yes I'm '****ing serious' mate otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my time to type it all out!
You cheer the ****ing 'rubbish' because that's what you do, you go to football to support the team. Or as some of you do go to football to slag off our own players.

We weren't crap today, we where quite good apart from the first 10 minutes.

Nice one about the Messi joke that made me role about the floor.

No one is saying they are as good as Messi ffs. As supportters we should support and not take the pi** out of our keeper whose confidence was shot to pieces after five minutes. Why shouldn't we "cheer and support".

There are ways to express your anger but you don't boo or abuse your own players, or cheer when they are subbed. Evans won't need to be told he messed up but he also made some smart saves, one towards the end of the first half and right at the death when he was left one on one.

OK everyone can have an opinion, but it is the fans that pay to watch and have a right to make their feelings known it is not personal it is just telling it as it is. I do not agree with slagging players off, but if people want to then in a democratic country they have that right. I do however agree it would be better if they simply stayed away the team do need support, but the supporters need to see the club supporting them by telling us what is going on and not treating us with contempt and like mushrooms (kept in the dark)

Some of our fans are complete cretins and I totally agree with you. No wonder we don't do as well at home when the players have to put up that. Totally and utterly appalling. ******** chimps the lot of them.

Most of the South Upper should be ashamed with themselves to sarcastically cheer their own goalkeeper when he touched the ball, bet that done his confidence the world of good. The trouble is you think it’s funny. Wonder why we play better away ??????????? The fans of Southend are like a 12 man to the opposition,

When has anything ever changed? You can dig out threads like this from the Championship season. Our home support (apart from the hardened in TBV) is generally awful and most times Roots Hall is like a morgue.

Didn't agree with the fans cheering when Evans caught the ball, same for cheering when Sturrock went off. Just not right, we should be behind the team urging them on.

this made me laugh somewhat, we lost the game in the first 10 mins and everyone thinks this was a rubbish display, think we outplayed them for long periods and were far the better side just missed the final ball in at times and think we should have got at least a draw in the end but dont think this was a bad performance by far.

Most of the South Upper should be ashamed with themselves to sarcastically cheer their own goalkeeper when he touched the ball, bet that done his confidence the world of good. The trouble is you think it’s funny. Wonder why we play better away ??????????? The fans of Southend are like a 12 man to the opposition,

Mr Angry, south upper, yellow seats, row b seat 105 ish - sitting there all game slagging off Evans, Soares, and Sturrock - we all know the players aren't world beaters but will you shut the f**k up!!

agree 100% - I said to my son that the West Ham fans were in today when I heard the morons ironically clapping Evans and cheering when Sturrock went off. How on earth do these people think it is going to inspire confidence in our players is beyond me.

The free kick was freakish (in League 2) and 9/10 times goes sailing over the South Stand, it wasn't Evans' fault that the defence went AWOL and let the bloke free for the second. I'd rather have 3,500 fans that support the team than an extra 1500 on top who abuse the players and think it's funny

This will not change until we hear/see some positive news off the pitch.

I think this is where most of the negativity has come from. People have had enough and want to see movement with the new ground, clarity on the financial situation and just some positive vibes in general.

Negativity is like a cancer and it will continue to spread until some drastic surgery is undertaken. Starting with some positive news from the top.

I think most feel the club is a complete shambles from top to bottom and will rightly or wrongly use this as a stick to beat the players with. Unfortunately as with any business, those in the public eye will always feel the heat, whilst the bigwig remains unscathed.

In my opinion it is high time for Ron to come out and face the fans. Whilst it maybe suicide for him. It may help the fans to release some of the anger and negativity that is spilling over on to the football field. Not that some of the players should avoid criticism themselves. But, there is a clear line between criticism and abuse that as a supporter, should not be crossed.

All that said, the support from the North end of the West Stand was pretty good again at times and made things a little easier. It's a shame more don't join in, but it's always been that way.

Last edited:
South upper should be ashamed. Cheering when Sturrock was subbed was awful. He looked really hurt, and just shook his head. He didn't have a great game, but it wasn't for a lack of effort, and for him to be cheered off is just wrong.

Well said Dave, when Sturrock was subbed off, in the south upper where I was some ***** to the left of me cheered like they won the lottery saying **** off sturrock. I told the group to **** off themselves and the look they gave me, I thought they were going to come at me with a knife. Sturrock actually is a very good player that does the hard work and plays In others. If he plays the rest of the season his goal tally would be the same of a certain Shaun Goater but people didn't boo him because Eastwood got many goals from his play just like Corr gets many from Sturrocks play. Cheering Evans after the two goals went in after a catch is inexcusable. I don't think the goals were that bad he let in, they were awkward to deal with. He also kept us in it in the second half

I agree with a lot of that and I've said similar too in the past, but I actually thought Blair took the "f***ing useless" as humour and applauded TBV who responded. I didn't notice much booing from our bit of the West when he went off, seemed mainly to be emanating form the other stands.

sUPport the Blues!:loyalsupporter:

Only thinking at Oxford sat,if Sturrock keeps up with the clever play and effort to the cause every game,he would be in my top 3 players of the season,and then today cheered when subbed by some,he didn't deserve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back