• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is getting concerning now, if Ron is calling the shots then we are in real trouble, leave recruitment up to the manager and his coaching staff. They then recommend the player to the chairman or CEO who then sorts out the finances and contracts. Mohsni is a journeyman with issues wherever he goes. No thanks.

His off to Barnet then to get fit and then on to us hopefully in January, trouble is we will pretty much be relegated by then :Angry:

I'm not sure where everyone has got the idea that this is all down to Ron. That may well be the case, but there's nothing in that article to suggest that is the case. It is pure speculation.

All the article says is that Ron said he doesn't think Bilel is fit. What that says to me is that (because of a lack of a CEO) Ron is the one doing the talking, which is what you would expect. If the manager has suggested he might like to have a look at Bilel then it would be up to Ron to talk to his agent.

Personally I would question the move because (as I said previously) I think that ship has sailed, but you never know. I would, however, question Ron and his due diligence. Blimey, based on previous experience this should be a big no no for Ron. That said, if the only issue was his fitness and not his temperament then maybe we should take him back. For clarity, that's a bit of speculation on my part: I have no idea why Holloway thought it was a mistake to sign him, but one thing's for sure: If I were Ron I'd be talking to Grimsby to find out before I did anything.

I'm not sure where everyone has got the idea that this is all down to Ron. That may well be the case, but there's nothing in that article to suggest that is the case. It is pure speculation.

All the article says is that Ron said he doesn't think Bilel is fit. What that says to me is that (because of a lack of a CEO) Ron is the one doing the talking, which is what you would expect. If the manager has suggested he might like to have a look at Bilel then it would be up to Ron to talk to his agent.

Personally I would question the move because (as I said previously) I think that ship has sailed, but you never know. I would, however, question Ron and his due diligence. Blimey, based on previous experience this should be a big no no for Ron. That said, if the only issue was his fitness and not his temperament then maybe we should take him back. For clarity, that's a bit of speculation on my part: I have no idea why Holloway thought it was a mistake to sign him, but one thing's for sure: If I were Ron I'd be talking to Grimsby to find out before I did anything.
I think holloways realised bilel is one card short of a full deck.

I think holloways realised bilel is one card short of a full deck.

That's very possibly the case, but we don't know that. If I was Ron I would be asking, and not just asking Ian Holloway.

Let's assume he is a sandwich short of a picnic (still). If I were Holloway I would be saying it's purely down to fitness and nothing else in the hope that we would sign him and cause us to self destruct further. That would be one less relegation place for Grimsby to worry about.

For that reason depending on his response (if indeed there is one), I wouldn't be relying on anything he says. I would be speaking to a number of people from different places who have interacted with him. And even then I wouldn't rely solely on their opinions.

That's very possibly the case, but we don't know that. If I was Ron I would be asking, and not just asking Ian Holloway.

Let's assume he is a sandwich short of a picnic (still). If I were Holloway I would be saying it's purely down to fitness and nothing else in the hope that we would sign him and cause us to self destruct further. That would be one less relegation place for Grimsby to worry about.

For that reason depending on his response (if indeed there is one), I wouldn't be relying on anything he says. I would be speaking to a number of people from different places who have interacted with him. And even then I wouldn't rely solely on their opinions.
Even if it is just Bilel not being fit that's not a good sign, the rest of Grimsby's squad has got themselves up to the required standard so why hasn't Bilel?

Even if it is just Bilel not being fit that's not a good sign, the rest of Grimsby's squad has got themselves up to the required standard so why hasn't Bilel?

That could be for many reasons. Who knows. But, if he spends the next month playing matches at Barnet then that could well not be an issue.

Hang on, we (Barnet) have signed him as a centre back. I know he scored a hat trick against us when you stuck him on the wing, but I always thought that was to reduce the chances of being sent off. So, where is his current best position?!

I'd still prefer to have Akinola though.

Interesting. Where did you get them from on the Olayinka and Akinola signings?
Spot on, let’s face it Moshni and Macca would hardly have been on M.M’s radar.....Ron fancies that he might be more successful as a football manager rather than a club owner. News for you Martin, most of the ones you bring here are washed up and injury prone.
He’d make a far better job out of football, estate agent, car dealer?..... both jobs require lies and bull sh it!

Back