• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
Saturday started off as any other of our travels over to see Southend: Leaving for the airport at 4am. Conditions were cold, but no rain. Yet.

Arrived at the very rain swept Stansted at 7:55am to grab the bus later to Southend, and got dropped off on Victoria Avenue at 10:50. Rain was so bad, that we went to kill the ten minutes of time under the heater in the club shop before the Spread opened up!

After a couple of pints, we felt a little warmer. I brought along a Brighton fan and a first timer who had never been to a footie game before. This lad was very sick on the journey over, and looked absolutely miserable in the pub. We thought it was going to be a long day for him, but he perked right up when we scored the 3rd goal at the end :D Me and South Bank Hank also discussed tactics for the upcoming Totty Cup, and how we'll get rid of Aberdeen Dave's beloved Liz Hurley nice and early in the competition :support:

Was a great effort by the people that were involved in the Blue Voice display - Me and Aberdeen Dave were laughing about being asked to fire the confetti cannons before kick off in the West. Think he had Senga worried on the phone I was going to accidentally take out Tilly with my bad aim. The two of us were perched up at block W and block U of the west, and christ we were nervous for some reason! Thankfully, when the teams came out, they fired without a hitch...did not want to look like a pillock in front of 9000+ fans for being the chap who jammed a confetti gun...although the 3000 or so in the west probably thought i was one regardless due to Foran being on the back of my jersey :(

As for the match itself - well the way it started felt like the Orient game all over again. Fantastic start, and despite the conditions, we really dominated them. Laurent has such a great ability and control over the ball for such a big lad. Him and Revell were always talking and planning their next attacks - very good to see the communication there. A bit after we went 2 up, they came back at us and we seemed to of lost the plot. Once Harding came off at half time, we most definitely were outplayed and they deserved to equalise, and eventually lead unfortunately. Macca came on and added a bit more urgency in the final minutes, and we finally bundled the ball over the line to send us into hyserics :) It was all kicking off over by my Irish flag, Aberdeen Dave and my mate the trappy one were over there...trouble makers... :D

We did have a Richie Foran going to Darlington protest march planned for after the match, Cricko and OBL were very keen on getting this going, but alas the weather was always going to mean numbers would be slim. Next time though folks ;)

After the match and the post match visit to the Spread, we got the bus back to Stansted, with wet shirts, wet pants, wet socks, and wet shoes. I bought a new jumper in the club shop and stripped off in the back of the bus to get changed, amidst the funny / jealous onlooking passengers, and we eventually made it back to the warmness that it Limerick (which didnt get a drop of rain all day) at 21:30 Saturday night. Was a great trip, albeit an absolute miserable one on the way home completely drenched from head to toe, and good to take a point home. Would just like to say it was great seeing everyone again - and hope to be back soon.

I usually only take about 2 photos per trip, so this time I managed a few more:

n661591923_1512374_2206.jpg

L-R: Craig, me, Ciaran

n661591923_1512375_3047.jpg

L-R: BrettieAngell, Ciaran, Craig, Vaaaaaange Shrimper, Aberdeen Shrimper & Nephew

n661591923_1512378_5254.jpg

Aberdeen Shrimper & Nephew & Me

n661591923_1512376_3742.jpg

Brettie Angell, Ciaran, Craig, Vange Shrimper, Me, Aberdeen's Nephew

n661591923_1512377_4438.jpg

Tinkerbell, Aberdeen Shrimper, me

n661591923_1512700_5350.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see you again Ant, hope your sick mate wasn't sick again on the bus! Such a shame the protest didn't come off.........

Great pics Ant........forgot just how wet it was, why on earth did we stand out in the rain at HT???

You look so cold mate

I was going to list my experience of the whole weekend but 32 hours of it will be about my journey there and back, which will bore the tits off everyone so will just say. Had a great day on Saturday. Superb seeing all the Zoners again and seeing the gutted look on the Col U fans on the 94th was priceless!!!

I thought you said the pogues, i was almost excited about my visit if they were part of the blue voice

I was going to list my experience of the whole weekend but 32 hours of it will be about my journey there and back, which will bore the tits off everyone so will just say. Had a great day on Saturday. Superb seeing all the Zoners again and seeing the gutted look on the Col U fans on the 94th was priceless!!!

thay was strange after the goal went in, i thought, i know that voice behind me, who is that?

thay was strange after the goal went in, i thought, i know that voice behind me, who is that?

lol.....i know, i looked down and saw this dark mop of hair and the smiley face looking at at me.....

Good to see you again Matty, even if it was brief

lol.....i know, i looked down and saw this dark mop of hair and the smiley face looking at at me.....

Good to see you again Matty, even if it was brief

aww you have made it sound all romantic. which of course it was...

Good to see you young gentleman again. Just a shame the weather was awful, wet and cold.
Am glad you both got home safely.
Oh Ant passed you as I was driving home and you did look very wet

Looking forward to seeing you again soon, X

Canada.........I could do a little story if you want, but it will be very painful for me to re-live the majority of the experience!

Back