• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dont know if its been reported here but have heard from a reliable source thats Connor McGregors next fight is against Pacman .

Pac has signed with Paradigm - the same management company as McGregor.

It’s possible...

I very much doubt McGregor v Pacquiao will happen, no wants to see him in the boxing ring again. Just stick to your sport!

You know how this prizefighting business works mate, money talks.

Not the either of them need the money, mind you.

So Dubious vs Joyce is on .....still stick with my original thoughts that DD will knock him out, going to try and get to this one as not been to a fight since AJ v Povetkin

Dubois starches Joyce with ease, IMO.

How have I only just seen that there's a boxing thread! Gonna be on this for the foreseeable with the way the football's going.

I like DD so going to go him by knockout. Am I missing something with Joyce? I just don't get him. I'm not seeing it. A lot seem to be backing him

Not a bad domestic-level fighter, who had a decent amateur pedigree.

His problem is, that he is very limited & gasses too easily.

Unbeaten professional record and obviously no mug but like you I don't see anything amazing (albeit I've only seen him fight twice). The cynic in me also thinks that DD is a future cash cow and they would not match him with anyone truly dangerous at this stage, think Joyce is being over rated so this one will go down as a "big scalp" and the hype will go up a notch.

This.

Tyson Fury: The Gypsy King

On ITV tonight at 9.00pm

Ahead of Saturday's 22nd Feb Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury 2 (WBC heavyweight title) fight from MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States

Tyson Fury.jpg

The opening instalment in a three-part documentary following the boxer as he prepares for his rematch with Deontay Wilder for the WBC World Heavyweight title, after the first contest in December 2018 ended in a much-disputed draw. Filmed over several months, the programme provides an insight into the life of one of British sport's most flamboyant and controversial characters and those who are closest to him.

I will be watching.

Tyson Fury: The Gypsy King

On ITV tonight at 9.00pm

Ahead of Saturday's 22nd Feb Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury 2 (WBC heavyweight title) fight from MGM Grand, Las Vegas, United States

View attachment 11100

The opening instalment in a three-part documentary following the boxer as he prepares for his rematch with Deontay Wilder for the WBC World Heavyweight title, after the first contest in December 2018 ended in a much-disputed draw. Filmed over several months, the programme provides an insight into the life of one of British sport's most flamboyant and controversial characters and those who are closest to him.

I will be watching.

I thought it was a decent watch. Wasn’t overly interested in the showmanship side of it, where Tyson was flaunting his (deserved) wealth, but I did enjoy the brief look into the fight night preparations, and more specifically, the 10-12 hours leading upto the opening bell.

I’ve always found it interesting how boxers deal with what must be the most anxious period of that entire 3-month preparation.

Warrington has left FW to rejoin Hearn. No loyalty in boxing either this year has shown that especially. Hearn dumped Warrington because he didn’t think he was world level. Frank took him got him a world title fight at his home of Leeds at Elland Road a dream for him! Won the world title and put on a couple of good defences. But **** you Frank I’m going back to Hearn because he has DAZN money now.

Feel sorry for FW because he just can’t compete but I think he is miles better for boxers careers. Look how Liam Smith and BJS have done **** all since going across. BJS fought on the ****ing undercard of a youtuber fight FFS!

DAZN aren’t getting the subscriptions they thought they would which is why the focus seems to be on these pathetic youtube fights. If these ****s want to fight do it white collar style or have its own show. Don’t devalue boxing by being on undercards or main events of actual boxers events.

On the no loyalty we’ve seen Fury leave Davison after helping from out of the gutter and close to death. Josh Taylor has left the McGuigans. Personally I think there is more to that as he’s not the first and it always seems to be messy! Chantelle Cameron, David Haye and Carl Frampton all left them on bad terms. Anthony CBD Fowler has left Dave Caldwell. I can kind of see to some respects some of the moves but Warrington leaving FW is going to bite him in the arse. He’ll end up with great paydays but he won’t have the legacy he could’ve had.

Quite a large piece on Fury's up coming fight in the Sunday Telegraph, he does run a great interview, I can't help but warm to the guy as he really does talk and walk like a champion.

Quite a large piece on Fury's up coming fight in the Sunday Telegraph, he does run a great interview, I can't help but warm to the guy as he really does talk and walk like a champion.

Did you watch the first part of the documentary that ITV did on him?

Warrington has left FW to rejoin Hearn. No loyalty in boxing either this year has shown that especially. Hearn dumped Warrington because he didn’t think he was world level. Frank took him got him a world title fight at his home of Leeds at Elland Road a dream for him! Won the world title and put on a couple of good defences. But **** you Frank I’m going back to Hearn because he has DAZN money now.

Feel sorry for FW because he just can’t compete but I think he is miles better for boxers careers. Look how Liam Smith and BJS have done **** all since going across. BJS fought on the ****ing undercard of a youtuber fight FFS!

DAZN aren’t getting the subscriptions they thought they would which is why the focus seems to be on these pathetic youtube fights. If these ****s want to fight do it white collar style or have its own show. Don’t devalue boxing by being on undercards or main events of actual boxers events.

On the no loyalty we’ve seen Fury leave Davison after helping from out of the gutter and close to death. Josh Taylor has left the McGuigans. Personally I think there is more to that as he’s not the first and it always seems to be messy! Chantelle Cameron, David Haye and Carl Frampton all left them on bad terms. Anthony CBD Fowler has left Dave Caldwell. I can kind of see to some respects some of the moves but Warrington leaving FW is going to bite him in the arse. He’ll end up with great paydays but he won’t have the legacy he could’ve had.

Sad truth is, as long as Hearn holds the monopoly control of SkySports, this will always be par for the course.

The system that has been created, is an unforgiving one. Fighters can’t afford to worry about loyalty, when their only concern is earning as much money as they can, from a very short & dangerous career. You can’t fault them, really.

It’s also worth remembering that Frank isn’t an angel, and has - allegedly - acted dishonestly with his fighters on many occasions. TBH, it’s no real surprise that so many of his fighters have jumped ship over recent times.

When you consider the decent moneymakers he’s had in his stable, they’ve all either fallen out with him, or been drawn to the Sky money. Kell Brook, James DeGale, Ricky Burns, George Groves, Tony Bellew, Nathan Cleverly, Billy Joe Saunders, The Smiths, Chisora, Frampton.

Being honest, I can’t see too many names on that list, who’d have bettered their career by staying loyal to Frank.

Although don’t let this distract from the fwct that Hearn’s control over Sky, is not good for the sport.

So, onto the big one this weekend.

How the **** do you call it? This isn’t one of those fights where you wonder how their styles will mesh, because we already know!

Tyson can dance rings around Wilder, and pick him off at will. But Wilder knows he can hurt Fury.

Personally, I’d argue that Tyson’s greatest asset & biggest weakness, is his footwork. For a big guy, it’s phenomenal at times. He does things, that someone his size shouldn’t be able to do.

However it’s not all smiles and rainbows, because he does have his knack of coming square on, and leaving himself unbalanced. A good thinker can and will take advantage of that - just like Froch did with Groves at Wembley, in front of 80,000 fans

I’m not convinced Wilder has even half the boxing brain that Froch did though, and certainly isnt on the same level as Fury. But maybe he doesn’t have to. Tyson has always been his own greatest downfall.

To me, it’s plainly obvious that all Tyson has to do, is avoid Wilder’s bombs. He has to keep the range, and keep target small, and tucked away.

I don’t wanna see Tyson box on the front foot. I don’t want him to go looking for Wilder. If he does, he’ll walk onto one, and it’ll be game over.

So, onto the big one this weekend.

How the **** do you call it? This isn’t one of those fights where you wonder how their styles will mesh, because we already know!

Tyson can dance rings around Wilder, and pick him off at will. But Wilder knows he can hurt Fury.

Personally, I’d argue that Tyson’s greatest asset & biggest weakness, is his footwork. For a big guy, it’s phenomenal at times. He does things, that someone his size shouldn’t be able to do.

However it’s not all smiles and rainbows, because he does have his knack of coming square on, and leaving himself unbalanced. A good thinker can and will take advantage of that - just like Froch did with Groves at Wembley, in front of 80,000 fans

I’m not convinced Wilder has even half the boxing brain that Froch did though, and certainly isnt on the same level as Fury. But maybe he doesn’t have to. Tyson has always been his own greatest downfall.

To me, it’s plainly obvious that all Tyson has to do, is avoid Wilder’s bombs. He has to keep the range, and keep target small, and tucked away.

I don’t wanna see Tyson box on the front foot. I don’t want him to go looking for Wilder. If he does, he’ll walk onto one, and it’ll be game over.
I have friends going to vegas for this one and I'm quite jealous, wasn't actually that pricey either! Agree with your assessment, although I have this hunch that Furys cut eye will open up again and it will be stopped. I'm looking forward to this so much that it's bound to be an anti climax;

I have friends going to vegas for this one and I'm quite jealous, wasn't actually that pricey either! Agree with your assessment, although I have this hunch that Furys cut eye will open up again and it will be stopped. I'm looking forward to this so much that it's bound to be an anti climax;

As a bit of a Vegas connoisseur, I know that flights and accommodation at this time of the year, are always relatively cheap. I had toyed with the idea of it myself, but once I found out I wouldn’t be able to get the time off work, it pretty much ended that thought.

Your pals will have the time of their lives though. Vegas on its own, is spectacular, but on fight night it goes up several notches.

Off topic, but noteworthy, tell your friends they should definitely try and get tickets for The Golden Knights who are playing at home on Friday & Sunday this week. I wasn’t remotely interested in Ice Hockey before I went, and did it mainly for the experience, but as it turns out it’s pretty ****ing good.

That throws a spanner in the work to Hearn’s plans. Although he’ll just have AJ fight his mandatories this year with Pulev in June and Usyk in December.

That throws a spanner in the work to Hearn’s plans. Although he’ll just have AJ fight his mandatories this year with Pulev in June and Usyk in December.

No sympathy for Hearn or Joshua.

They’ve had years to get either of these fights sorted, and haven’t wanted to.

Remember AJ calling out Fury & telling him to get into shape, during a post-fight interview? Who looks the dafter of the two, now?

I see through that **** Hearn like a glass of water.... and he’s twice as wet.

No sympathy for Hearn or Joshua.

They’ve had years to get either of these fights sorted, and haven’t wanted to.

Remember AJ calling out Fury & telling him to get into shape, during a post-fight interview? Who looks the dafter of the two, now?

I see through that **** Hearn like a glass of water.... and he’s twice as wet.

I’m not defending Hearn, he is a vile creature who is ruining the sport. The introduction of these YouTube fights on professional bouts is embarrassing.

And I totally agree they look daft. Plenty of chances and opportunities. But let’s be honest his cash cow got smashed by a fat out of shape Mexican. And then danced around an even fatter Mexican who partied every day since the last fight. But it was a masterclass :Facepalm:. Hearn knows that both Wilder and Fury smash Joshua and it doesn’t fit his rhetoric of having the champ with the most belts. Joshua loses those belts for good when he battles one of those two and how can he sell that? But no doubt he’d end up getting one back after they get stripped like Fury lost his IBF the first time round.

Looking like BJS v Canelo is going to happen. Bet Callum Smith is glad he stayed with Matchroom!

I’m not defending Hearn, he is a vile creature who is ruining the sport. The introduction of these YouTube fights on professional bouts is embarrassing.

And I totally agree they look daft. Plenty of chances and opportunities. But let’s be honest his cash cow got smashed by a fat out of shape Mexican. And then danced around an even fatter Mexican who partied every day since the last fight. But it was a masterclass :Facepalm:. Hearn knows that both Wilder and Fury smash Joshua and it doesn’t fit his rhetoric of having the champ with the most belts. Joshua loses those belts for good when he battles one of those two and how can he sell that? But no doubt he’d end up getting one back after they get stripped like Fury lost his IBF the first time round.

Looking like BJS v Canelo is going to happen. Bet Callum Smith is glad he stayed with Matchroom!

Agree with all of that tbh.

Back