• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pretty much what I expected.

AJ did well to remain disciplined, and executed the gameplan perfectly. I’d even go as far as saying that, that was probably the best performance he’s ever put in, tbh.

For sure, the style won’t have appeased a lot of people - and I notice he’s getting a verbal kicking on social media - but in reality we’re talking serious levels here, where getting the job done, comes much higher on the list of priorities, than entertaining the masses.

He actually reminded me of a prime Klitschko at times. Robotic. Ram rod jab. Controlled the distance. A typical, no-frills, Wlad-style victory. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t perfect, but then I don’t think he ever will be. The key point is, he utilised his best attributes, and performed at what I believe to be, the best of his abilities.

Ruiz on the other hand, did not have a good night. As good a performance it was from AJ, Ruiz played into his hands, and made it relatively easy for Joshua.

I had a feeling he’d adopt that centre-ring gameplan, which unfortunately for him, was the complete opposite of what he needed to do. The size difference was always going to be a deciding factor, and when you’re greatest skill is countering on the inside, with fast hands, you cannot afford to go chasing that bigger opponent.

He simply had to be smarter than that. I wanted to see him retreat, and force AJ to come looking for him. The reason he was so successful in the first fight, was due to the fact that AJ was hell bent on getting into him, so all Ruiz had to do was remain calm, wait for AJ to get into range, and then use that hand speed to counter Joshua, at will.

Unfortunately for Ruiz, he fell for AJ’s gameplan, hook, line & sinker. He tried desperately to close the gap, but he couldn’t get Joshua out of that comfort zone. Every time he moved close, Joshua swatted him away, changed the angles or simply tied him up.

Poor, poor display IMO, and what was even more concerning, was his inability to actually change his gameplan. Either his corner couldn’t work it out, or he himself couldn’t grasp it, despite it being ****ing obvious.

Where does AJ go now? Well, as usual the fans will clamour for him to face one of Wilder or Fury, but with both of them tied up, the most logical fight would be a rematch against Ruiz. Personally, I don’t need to see a third fight, but other than that, all he can do is keep busy against also-rans, until such time he actually signs the contract to go up against one of the top two.

Pretty much what I expected.

AJ did well to remain disciplined, and executed the gameplan perfectly. I’d even go as far as saying that, that was probably the best performance he’s ever put in, tbh.

For sure, the style won’t have appeased a lot of people - and I notice he’s getting a verbal kicking on social media - but in reality we’re talking serious levels here, where getting the job done, comes much higher on the list of priorities, than entertaining the masses.

He actually reminded me of a prime Klitschko at times. Robotic. Ram rod jab. Controlled the distance. A typical, no-frills, Wlad-style victory. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t perfect, but then I don’t think he ever will be. The key point is, he utilised his best attributes, and performed at what I believe to be, the best of his abilities.

Ruiz on the other hand, did not have a good night. As good a performance it was from AJ, Ruiz played into his hands, and made it relatively easy for Joshua.

I had a feeling he’d adopt that centre-ring gameplan, which unfortunately for him, was the complete opposite of what he needed to do. The size difference was always going to be a deciding factor, and when you’re greatest skill is countering on the inside, with fast hands, you cannot afford to go chasing that bigger opponent.

He simply had to be smarter than that. I wanted to see him retreat, and force AJ to come looking for him. The reason he was so successful in the first fight, was due to the fact that AJ was hell bent on getting into him, so all Ruiz had to do was remain calm, wait for AJ to get into range, and then use that hand speed to counter Joshua, at will.

Unfortunately for Ruiz, he fell for AJ’s gameplan, hook, line & sinker. He tried desperately to close the gap, but he couldn’t get Joshua out of that comfort zone. Every time he moved close, Joshua swatted him away, changed the angles or simply tied him up.

Poor, poor display IMO, and what was even more concerning, was his inability to actually change his gameplan. Either his corner couldn’t work it out, or he himself couldn’t grasp it, despite it being ****ing obvious.

Where does AJ go now? Well, as usual the fans will clamour for him to face one of Wilder or Fury, but with both of them tied up, the most logical fight would be a rematch against Ruiz. Personally, I don’t need to see a third fight, but other than that, all he can do is keep busy against also-rans, until such time he actually signs the contract to go up against one of the top two.

Did you see the post match press conference? Ruiz apologised and said he has been partying for 3 months and it’s taken it’s toll. I’m disappointed in Ruiz that was a ****ing joke of a performance. He made AJ look better than he is. People calling it a masterclass?!? Yet when Fury had a similar game plan and performance against the undefeated for 10 years Wlad it was boring. I really do hate going on social media before, during and after an AJ fight.

I want to see the Usyk fight! He could always have a fight with Whyte as he ‘deserves’ a title shot. What did you think about his fight against Wach?

He played the game plan right. Still got hit easily and if he fights anything like that against Wilder or Fury he gets spanked. A good performance but still think he’s not in the top 2 of the division. It’s good for Fury v Wilder 2 as it means it will 100% happen next rather than Ruiz v Wilder.

I don’t either think AJ is in the top 2. just decided to give AJ a bit of credit for once rather than always bringing it back to Fury this and fury that.

I don’t either think AJ is in the top 2. just decided to give AJ a bit of credit for once rather than always bringing it back to Fury this and fury that.

But he danced around a poor Ruiz for 12 rounds. If he wanted credit and wanted to prove to the world he’s worth the hype he’d have KO’d him. He fought like someone who was scared.

But he danced around a poor Ruiz for 12 rounds. If he wanted credit and wanted to prove to the world he’s worth the hype he’d have KO’d him. He fought like someone who was scared.
So wait if Fury danced around him for 12 rounds is he scared?

So wait if Fury danced around him for 12 rounds is he scared?

Fury isn’t known for his KO power. He boxes smart and would’ve put on a better show against that very poor Ruiz. He would’ve landed much more and definitely wouldn’t have been hit as easily as Joshua was hit.

Just my opinion that’s all, you don’t have to agree with it like I don’t have to agree with yours.

Have you read the statement? He had traces the blokes a dirty drug cheat just good at hiding it. Proving against Wach that he is European level at best he's a **** version of Chisora. Doesn't deserve a world title shot at all.
I have read the statement and it states very low levels and "consistent with an isolated contamination event, and they are not suggestive of doping". VADA test 3 days before came back negative and "There is nothing in Mr Whyte's longitudinal urinary profile to suggest that he has used steroids."

So if you believe the statement you have to believe there was a mistake.

I know you don't like the guy, I'm not particularly a fan, but I don't think you can condemn a guy on that evidence.

I think he 100% deserves a world title shot, he was in line for one before this railroaded that. His fight on Saturday was poor but I really didn't think that was the same Dillian Whyte that we had seen on his previous few fights. You can understand a man not having the ideal preparation for a fight with all that stuff hanging over them.

I have read the statement and it states very low levels and "consistent with an isolated contamination event, and they are not suggestive of doping". VADA test 3 days before came back negative and "There is nothing in Mr Whyte's longitudinal urinary profile to suggest that he has used steroids."

So if you believe the statement you have to believe there was a mistake.

I know you don't like the guy, I'm not particularly a fan, but I don't think you can condemn a guy on that evidence.

I think he 100% deserves a world title shot, he was in line for one before this railroaded that. His fight on Saturday was poor but I really didn't think that was the same Dillian Whyte that we had seen on his previous few fights. You can understand a man not having the ideal preparation for a fight with all that stuff hanging over them.

He’s failed once before for ‘contaminated’ products. Bit of a coincidence it’s happened again. Must have ****ed his cycles up.

What did I tell you! Teofimo López is the real deal knocking out Richard Commey in 2 rounds to become a world champion. Next up Loma!

Thoughts on Daniel Dubios chaps , i've followed him for a while and rate him , not the most charismatic boxers but nevertheless he's one powerful lad and can see him dismantling a lot of the top heavyweights out there.

Would be a good domestic fight vs Joyce and can see him doing a number over him , think they would both get drawn into a slug fest and he will prevail .

I used to be Tyson Furys biggest fans and followed him from the beginning , but when he started making homophobic and other remarks that put me right of him

Thoughts on Daniel Dubios chaps , i've followed him for a while and rate him , not the most charismatic boxers but nevertheless he's one powerful lad and can see him dismantling a lot of the top heavyweights out there.

Would be a good domestic fight vs Joyce and can see him doing a number over him , think they would both get drawn into a slug fest and he will prevail .

Followed him from the start and he’s got a bright future ahead. He really proved he is the real deal when he destroyed Gorman who many tipped to beat him. Hopefully 2020 he is stepped up.

Joyce’s fight for the European title against Huck has just been postponed due to a hand injury for Huck. Might push a Joyce v Dubois fight sooner. For Joyce it’s a huge mistake as if he loses he falls behind and for Frank who seems to have a little say on Joyce it doesn’t make sense either.

I’d like to see him in against Charles Martin to start, a former world champ and has been on a decent run recently. Rather than another random no one has heard of. 2021 he will be a world champion if it’s next year I’d be over the moon but very surprised.

A Joyce v Dubois press conference and build up would be a barrel of laughs.....not! If Dubois had a bit about him he would be bigger than Joshua.

Fury v Wilder II officially announced today for 22nd Feb.

Cannot wait for this, the battle of the 2 best in the division. Fury is going to do it again and this time in style!

War Fury!!!

Dont know if its been reported here but have heard from a reliable source thats Connor McGregors next fight is against Pacman .

Dont know if its been reported here but have heard from a reliable source thats Connor McGregors next fight is against Pacman .

I would be very surprised if this happened. It doesn’t really have the market value and McGregor has just got back into the UFC. He has a path of some decent fights ahead so I doubt he’d pick Pacquiao. Same for Pacquiao he has a world title now and could have some big fights in boxing ahead with Crawford, Spence (if he had recovered) and even Khan. The Khan v Pacquiao fight is the one I could really see happening with the Saudi links for both. It would be a huge pay day for the both of them.

I very much doubt McGregor v Pacquiao will happen, no wants to see him in the boxing ring again. Just stick to your sport!

So Dubious vs Joyce is on .....still stick with my original thoughts that DD will knock him out, going to try and get to this one as not been to a fight since AJ v Povetkin

So Dubious vs Joyce is on .....still stick with my original thoughts that DD will knock him out, going to try and get to this one as not been to a fight since AJ v Povetkin

Same, I haven’t been since the AJ v Povetkin fight.

How have I only just seen that there's a boxing thread! Gonna be on this for the foreseeable with the way the football's going.

I like DD so going to go him by knockout. Am I missing something with Joyce? I just don't get him. I'm not seeing it. A lot seem to be backing him

How have I only just seen that there's a boxing thread! Gonna be on this for the foreseeable with the way the football's going.

I like DD so going to go him by knockout. Am I missing something with Joyce? I just don't get him. I'm not seeing it. A lot seem to be backing him
Unbeaten professional record and obviously no mug but like you I don't see anything amazing (albeit I've only seen him fight twice). The cynic in me also thinks that DD is a future cash cow and they would not match him with anyone truly dangerous at this stage, think Joyce is being over rated so this one will go down as a "big scalp" and the hype will go up a notch.

Back