• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

@GBJ and @Blue_Wes would love to know your thoughts on it.

Err, was busy last night so didn’t watch it live. Will give it a proper look back when I get a chance, but from the brief bits I’ve seen & read, it seems Terry O’Connor was on the payroll last night.

General consensus seems to be that the fight - at the very least - should have been a draw, but most people have Ryder winning by 2-3 rounds.

Can only assume that Callum Smith is in line for a big fight next summer, (Canelo?) and Hearn has had to protect that record, in order to keep the fight alive.

We moan about the likes of America & Germany being corrupt, and an almost impossible place for an away fighter to earn a result - but make no mistake, we’re as bad as any else in the world for bull**** corrupt decisions. Just look at AJ in the Olympics for example.

Would love to see the BBBoC get involved and actually do something about it, but they’re also partial to a brown envelope

Err, was busy last night so didn’t watch it live. Will give it a proper look back when I get a chance, but from the brief bits I’ve seen & read, it seems Terry O’Connor was on the payroll last night.

General consensus seems to be that the fight - at the very least - should have been a draw, but most people have Ryder winning by 2-3 rounds.

Can only assume that Callum Smith is in line for a big fight next summer, (Canelo?) and Hearn has had to protect that record, in order to keep the fight alive.

We moan about the likes of America & Germany being corrupt, and an almost impossible place for an away fighter to earn a result - but make no mistake, we’re as bad as any else in the world for bull**** corrupt decisions. Just look at AJ in the Olympics for example.

Would love to see the BBBoC get involved and actually do something about it, but they’re also partial to a brown envelope

I had Ryder by 3. Thought it would be a draw or Smith just getting it on the cards. Never imagined scoring like that. It’s ****ing pathetic, the WBA should have 3 independent judges look at that and score it properly.

Another embarrassing display by Sky again. Bellew saying he had Smith comfortably winning and Callum’s brother Paul had him winning comfortably too. The only one who as usual scores it properly and how the majority of boxing outside of Sky and Matchroom see it was Johnny Nelson who had Ryder up by 1.

I wish Sky and Matchroom would **** off.

I also had it very close and Ryder was so much busier than Smith , as you boys have stated never a wide margin like that at all , there was at least 5 rounds that Ryder definitely won and the rest were close

Did anyone watch the Wilder Ortiz fight? Must confess I've only seen round 7 (the knockout). The guy is so dangerous! AJ gets knocked out IMO and Fury is right when he says Wilder only has a punchers chance against him, but if he lands one.

Did anyone watch the Wilder Ortiz fight? Must confess I've only seen round 7 (the knockout). The guy is so dangerous! AJ gets knocked out IMO and Fury is right when he says Wilder only has a punchers chance against him, but if he lands one.

He lost all of the rounds before then and all it took was 2 seconds and he wins. It’s exactly why he is so dangerous!

Doesn't surprise me, Ortiz is skilled.

Ortiz would give Ruiz and Joshua a run for their money.

Wilder on the other hand knocks out both of them within 6 rounds.

Fury beats Wilder in the 2nd fight.

Ortiz would give Ruiz and Joshua a run for their money.

Wilder on the other hand knocks out both of them within 6 rounds.

Fury beats Wilder in the 2nd fight.

8/10 times I think you are right but 2/10 he gets a punch in and knocks him out

8/10 times I think you are right but 2/10 he gets a punch in and knocks him out

I think the last fight proves that he can take a Wilder bomb and happily get up. He even went on to win that round!!

He will be lighter, faster, sharper in the 2nd fight. Remember he hadn’t really come fully back from the huge weight gain for the 1st fight. Fury wins because of his boxing brain and ability. Wilder has terrible footwork and ability. He just has that hay maker that can end worlds. Ortiz doesn’t have the brain or skill to avoid that but proved he had the ability to outbox him by winning all of the rounds.

I think the last fight proves that he can take a Wilder bomb and happily get up. He even went on to win that round!!

He will be lighter, faster, sharper in the 2nd fight. Remember he hadn’t really come fully back from the huge weight gain for the 1st fight. Fury wins because of his boxing brain and ability. Wilder has terrible footwork and ability. He just has that hay maker that can end worlds. Ortiz doesn’t have the brain or skill to avoid that but proved he had the ability to outbox him by winning all of the rounds.

Hmm not sure I'd say happily get up, he was definitely rocked and beat the count (not by much). Fair play to him but I wouldn't be confident that Fury would get up in time if it happened again.

Fury is a much better boxer, everyone can see that. Even Fury says he has a punchers chance though. Fury can't lose concentration over those 12 rounds or he gives Wilder a chance. Fury does what we know he can do and he wins. It should be a Fury win but it's not a foregone conclusion IMO

Hmm not sure I'd say happily get up, he was definitely rocked and beat the count (not by much). Fair play to him but I wouldn't be confident that Fury would get up in time if it happened again.

Fury is a much better boxer, everyone can see that. Even Fury says he has a punchers chance though. Fury can't lose concentration over those 12 rounds or he gives Wilder a chance. Fury does what we know he can do and he wins. It should be a Fury win but it's not a foregone conclusion IMO

I think it is, Fury is the best heavyweight and Wilder is easily number 2 and a long way ahead of the chasing pack. The only one who has question marks is Usyk! He needs to fight a Chisora or Parker to see where he is at.

Ruiz vs Joshua 2 this weekend, who has everyone got?

I’ve got a feeling it’s going the distance and Joshua will get it on the cards but not actually won the fight.

This fight maps how the heavyweight division will go in 2020. If Ruiz wins we might actually get a undisputed heavyweight champion. Ruiz v Wilder is easy to make next as they’re both Haymon Fighters. If Joshua wins then the belts will get split and we won’t have an undisputed heavyweight champ for a long time whilst the belts just float around.

Ruiz vs Joshua 2 this weekend, who has everyone got?

I’ve got a feeling it’s going the distance and Joshua will get it on the cards but not actually won the fight.

This fight maps how the heavyweight division will go in 2020. If Ruiz wins we might actually get a undisputed heavyweight champion. Ruiz v Wilder is easy to make next as they’re both Haymon Fighters. If Joshua wins then the belts will get split and we won’t have an undisputed heavyweight champ for a long time whilst the belts just float around.

I think Joshua knows Ruiz has some power now and won't be looking for a statement win like last time. Think he'll do what he needs to do, probably points but if Joshua manages a couple of knockdowns think it could be stopped. We know Ruiz has the arsenal to stop AJ but I don't think AJ will be as reckless this time around. No result would surprise me but if I was betting it would be on AJ.

Interesting you suggest Ruiz v Wilder, do you not think Fury will beat Wilder in Feb? Or do you think the fight won't happen?

Also looks like Chisora v Usyk could be happening. Think that is a good test for Usyk, if he comes through that impressively then I'll start to believe he could be a big player at heavyweight.

I see a similar result as the first fight, i just think Ruiz has AJ's number , for all the training AJ will have done he still won;t adapt to being hit 3 times every time he throws a punch.

Not Joshua's fault but hes so used to walking opponents down with little return when he throws a one /two , Ruiz is supremely confident and ive loved watching him in the build up, a very likable chap and a win /win for me as i like them both.

I think Joshua knows Ruiz has some power now and won't be looking for a statement win like last time. Think he'll do what he needs to do, probably points but if Joshua manages a couple of knockdowns think it could be stopped. We know Ruiz has the arsenal to stop AJ but I don't think AJ will be as reckless this time around. No result would surprise me but if I was betting it would be on AJ.

Interesting you suggest Ruiz v Wilder, do you not think Fury will beat Wilder in Feb? Or do you think the fight won't happen?

Also looks like Chisora v Usyk could be happening. Think that is a good test for Usyk, if he comes through that impressively then I'll start to believe he could be a big player at heavyweight.

I genuinely don’t know. It just makes sense to get a completely unified division at the earliest opportunity. If Ruiz wins then that’s the easiest way for it to happen. The Fury fight will always be there and Team Ruiz and Team Wilder would have to act fast to get the fight before one of the governing bodies drops him as champ. They did it to Fury because he chose to take the rematch with Klitschko which is how AJ ended up with his first world title.

I’ve heard talk that they will drop one of the belts if AJ wins probably the WBO as Usyk is the mandatory for that belt. This is due to the WBO’s rule that if you are champion of a weight division and move up you instantly become the no.1 contender.

The Fury fight will happen it all depends on the result of this fight. If AJ wins Fury v Wilder happens in Feb. If Ruiz wins I reckon it will get delayed and we will see Ruiz v Wilder.

Chizzy v Usyk is a great fight and a massive test for Usyk. I could see it being a world title fight if AJ wins. Because he will drop that WBO belt because let’s face it if he fights Usyk his superior ring IQ will completely baffle AJ and it will be another loss on his record. If Ruiz wins then it’ll just be a standard heavyweight fight and Usyk will bide his time until that WBO mandatory comes for him.

I see a similar result as the first fight, i just think Ruiz has AJ's number , for all the training AJ will have done he still won;t adapt to being hit 3 times every time he throws a punch.

Not Joshua's fault but hes so used to walking opponents down with little return when he throws a one /two , Ruiz is supremely confident and ive loved watching him in the build up, a very likable chap and a win /win for me as i like them both.

For me the thing I find most annoying is the bandwagon that comes attached with AJ. I’ve been there from the start with him. Watched him as an amateur in the world champs picking up silver, watched him in the Olympics all of his fights and have seen all of his professional fights. I was at the o2 when he won his first world title and was at Wembley for the Povetkin fight. It’s the consensus from those who aren’t masters of the sweet science, who think just because he’s ripped, has big muscles and knocked out a 40 year old man he’s the greatest boxer of all time. He is good but as the world found out he has weaknesses and Fury, Wilder and Ruiz can all add to his 1 loss.

His fake persona of being humble wears a bit thin, stop pretending to be something you’re not. Be that horrible **** that we all know you are. Mike Tyson was a vicious horrible **** in and out of the ring! He is one of the most loved boxers of all time. He’s mellowed out now and is absolute gold. Just show your true colours, the money will come no matter who you are. It’s exactly why I love Fury he is true to himself and isn’t pretending to be someone he is not.

Ruiz is a great bloke and I really do hope he wins because so many people are writing him off again. I wrote him off in the first fight and I don’t think he will do it in this one. I’d love to be proved wrong.

Where does AJ go if he loses this? Who knows David Price in a comeback fight? The man who put him on his arse in sparring. He’s never going to fight DDD as Matchroom’s money spinner, FW won’t let them take his huge prospect off him.

It’s a great time for heavyweight boxing. It’s like the good old days just without the quality of then.

If Josh loses he would still be able to beat Whyte , Joyce , Ortiz , Wilder IMO , i just think he struggles against the quick hand speed of Ruiz, nearly every fighter has a bogey fighter who just isn;t suited to them and i honestly think Ruiz is AJ's .

The only way i see AJ winning is a bore fest of a fight, where he keeps him on the end of his jab and ties Ruiz up when hes in close
Parker tried that and i think Ruiz got robbed in that fight so he's no mug

If Josh loses he would still be able to beat Whyte , Joyce , Ortiz , Wilder IMO , i just think he struggles against the quick hand speed of Ruiz, nearly every fighter has a bogey fighter who just isn;t suited to them and i honestly think Ruiz is AJ's .

The only way i see AJ winning is a bore fest of a fight, where he keeps him on the end of his jab and ties Ruiz up when hes in close
Parker tried that and i think Ruiz got robbed in that fight so he's no mug

Joyce yes, Ortiz would be a tough test and as for the others.... Whyte is a much more improved fighter since their first fight. He has improved massively whereas AJ hasn’t changed. I’m not a fan of Whyte what so ever and I hope he is found out as a drugs cheat and banned for life. But I think he has improved more than AJ and feel it wouldn’t be the walk over AJ would expect.

Now Wilder, he’s been in with some big bangers and one of them being Ortiz. He showed against Ortiz and Fury that he can take a punch and has a great chin. What he lacks in footwork, head movement and ring IQ he makes up for with pure power. He is the hardest hitting heavyweight of the past decade. Joshua has shown he is easy to hit, Ruiz proved that and with his lack of skill and ring IQ it wouldn’t take long for Wilder to get one of those bombs through. Wilder beats AJ and he beats him without winning a single round. AJ doesn’t have the chin to withstand a Wilder bomb.

Genuinely a tough one to call, this.

For starters though, Ruiz cannot winnthis on points. I’m not having it any other way, the judges already know the score here, and IMO, all Joshua needs to do, is see out the 12-rounds.

So, the fight itself. I think it’ll come down to whether or not Joshua can keep Ruiz at bay. The fact that he’s slimmed down, would generally indicate (amoung other things, wink, wink) that he wants to be more fleet of foot, and more comfortable going the distance, meaning a jab and move, gameplan.

However I’m not sure AJ is disciplined enough to stick to that.
If he can keep Ruiz on the end of a jab, doesn’t get drawn into any trade-offs & has the stamina to keep moving for 12 rounds, then, as I alluded to, it’s his to lose.

As for Ruiz, well, he’s good, but he’s not great. He’s not got frightening power, but instead relies on sheer volume of punches, to wear opponents down. But due to the size difference, he won’t be able to throw those punches in bunches, if AJ stays disciplined and keeps him at a distance.

What would be interesting, would be to see Ruiz fight defensively I.e. not to come out looking for AJ, but instead to fight off of the back foot & force AJ to come looking for him. That’s essentially how he won the first fight, and that’s how he wins this one IMO.

Quietly looking forward to watching this one - although I certainly won’t be parting with £25 for the privilege of it.

Anthony Joshua weighs in over three stones lighter than Andy Ruiz Jr

Andy Ruiz Jr 20st 3lbs (that is a stone heavier than their last meeting)
Anthony Joshua 16st 13lbs (that is 10lb lighter than their last meeting)

Link

Anthony Joshua weighs in over three stones lighter than Andy Ruiz Jr

Andy Ruiz Jr 20st 3lbs (that is a stone heavier than their last meeting)
Anthony Joshua 16st 13lbs (that is 10lb lighter than their last meeting)

Link

Very interesting, really surprised Ruiz has come in heavier than the first fight. He looked lean in some recent pictures.

Back