• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP Patrick Day, it’s not been a good couple of years for deaths due to boxing injuries.

As predicted a steamroller performance by Chizzy on Price.

As predicted a steamroller performance by Chizzy on Price.
Watched it last night, wasn't paying to watch that card live on Saturday. Del boy doing what Del boy does best, I do hope he gets a big fight soon, would love to see the Usyk fight

Watched it last night, wasn't paying to watch that card live on Saturday. Del boy doing what Del boy does best, I do hope he gets a big fight soon, would love to see the Usyk fight

Fighting Chisora would be a great test for Usyk and as both are Matchroom fighters it would be easy to sort.

The Taylor v Prograis fight was an absolute war and Taylor just nicked it. Very impressive from Taylor and great for the UK. Shame he is with the McGuigan’s who I cannot stand.

Kovalev v Canelo this weekend, if Canelo wins this he wins the belt then drops back down. No way he stays and fights any of the other animals at that weight! He’s fighting Kovalev because he’s getting on a bit and nearly got sparked by Yarde.

The Matchroom card on Saturday is pathetic and an embarrassment to Crolla. You’ve got Taylor fighting some bin lady for another title to be a two weight world champion (sic). Buatsi was meant to be on the card but pulled out through injury. So Crolla is the main event but not the main event fighting some bum in his retirement fight. It’ll be an easy sparring session for him and a terrible way to send off a great career. He should be fighting a Flanagan in his last fight not a nobody. Don’t bother watching this card it’s a complete waste of time.

Fighting Chisora would be a great test for Usyk and as both are Matchroom fighters it would be easy to sort.

The Taylor v Prograis fight was an absolute war and Taylor just nicked it. Very impressive from Taylor and great for the UK. Shame he is with the McGuigan’s who I cannot stand.

Kovalev v Canelo this weekend, if Canelo wins this he wins the belt then drops back down. No way he stays and fights any of the other animals at that weight! He’s fighting Kovalev because he’s getting on a bit and nearly got sparked by Yarde.

The Matchroom card on Saturday is pathetic and an embarrassment to Crolla. You’ve got Taylor fighting some bin lady for another title to be a two weight world champion (sic). Buatsi was meant to be on the card but pulled out through injury. So Crolla is the main event but not the main event fighting some bum in his retirement fight. It’ll be an easy sparring session for him and a terrible way to send off a great career. He should be fighting a Flanagan in his last fight not a nobody. Don’t bother watching this card it’s a complete waste of time.

I agree. Usyk needs a credible opponent and Del boy doesn't care about titles etc and just wants money so he's one of the only credible heavyweights I can think of who would take the fight against Usyk. You'd expect Usyk to win it but Del boy would be a real danger to him I think.

I see Nigel Benn has given up his boxing comeback because of a shoulder injury.Loved watching him in late 80s to early 90s but maybe this is a blessing as 55 years old is pretty old to be in the ring.

I see Nigel Benn has given up his boxing comeback because of a shoulder injury.Loved watching him in late 80s to early 90s but maybe this is a blessing as 55 years old is pretty old to be in the ring.
Yep Big Fight Live on ITV was part of my formative years and remember Dad letting me and my brother watch "as long as you don't start beating the crap out of each other after" trying to imitate it. Bruno, Benn and Eubank providing the entertainment without a subscription or PPV in sight. Those were the days!

Thank god for his ‘shoulder injury’ or maybe the fact they only sold a handful of tickets. No one wants to see a 55 year old man getting his head punched by a much younger man. As good as Benn was and as much of a fan I was of his I never wanted to see this. Glad it’s done with and will now be put to bed just like when Bruno said he was coming back.

Yep Big Fight Live on ITV was part of my formative years and remember Dad letting me and my brother watch "as long as you don't start beating the crap out of each other after" trying to imitate it. Bruno, Benn and Eubank providing the entertainment without a subscription or PPV in sight. Those were the days!
Great days! And I agree some brilliant fights without pay per view

Shame greedy ****s like Eddie Hearn spoil it for everyone.
Agreed.If you have all boxing pay per view must be around £200 a year on top of paying for sky sports and Bt etc and they wonder why people stream fights etc

Agreed.If you have all boxing pay per view must be around £200 a year on top of paying for sky sports and Bt etc and they wonder why people stream fights etc

It’s mad isn’t it. I would love them to go down a subscription route rather than PPV. Initially when Sky and Hearn came to an agreement the PPV were going to be minimal and saved for the truly great fights. Now it’s just any fight, some of the recent ones have been terrible. To the knowledgeable boxing fans Prograis v Taylor is PPV worthy but to a casual it’s not going to encourage them to pay out. The card overall was weak and no great fights on there.

Makes you laugh that Canelo v Kovalev this weekend is on normal Sky and not PPV. That in my opinion is potentially a PPV fight. AJ v (enter any name outside of Fury and Wilder) is not PPV worthy!

It’s mad isn’t it. I would love them to go down a subscription route rather than PPV. Initially when Sky and Hearn came to an agreement the PPV were going to be minimal and saved for the truly great fights. Now it’s just any fight, some of the recent ones have been terrible. To the knowledgeable boxing fans Prograis v Taylor is PPV worthy but to a casual it’s not going to encourage them to pay out. The card overall was weak and no great fights on there.

Makes you laugh that Canelo v Kovalev this weekend is on normal Sky and not PPV. That in my opinion is potentially a PPV fight. AJ v (enter any name outside of Fury and Wilder) is not PPV worthy!
Canelo fight is massive and I'm very happy as your right could have easily been pay per view.I agree when you pay for Sky Sports and BT all boxing fights should be on there as that's what essentially what you are already paying for.Wont happen though and its funny when they cry when people stream events.A pal of mine likes WWE and that have pay per view too!

Canelo fight is massive and I'm very happy as your right could have easily been pay per view.I agree when you pay for Sky Sports and BT all boxing fights should be on there as that's what essentially what you are already paying for.Wont happen though and its funny when they cry when people stream events.A pal of mine likes WWE and that have pay per view too!

And that’s probably the model that Hearn is looking at. Although with WWE going to BT Sports I wonder if we will see even more PPV from boxing due to the lack of WWE.

Well Canelo pulled it out of the bag, he was losing before that knock out. Shock horror he wasn’t losing on the cards though.

Here’s one for everyone does he go to the top of your P4P list? Let’s see your top 5’s?

Mine is:

Loma
Canelo
Crawford
Usyk
GGG

Inoue and Josh Taylor could possibly knock GGG out of 5th. Callum Smith just doesn’t deserve to be in the top 10 in my opinion. He’s had one good fight against Groves and has been stagnant ever since.

Absolute daylight robbery for John Ryder. He absolutely outclassed Smith and lost on the cards. 117-111 116-112 x2. Eddie Hearn and Matchroom need to **** off out of boxing!

Back