• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

@GBJ

I think you’re being very kind putting AJ v Parker in there.

Totally agree Hearn has ruined it for the fans with this constant PPV’s and it’s leaked onto other promoters such as FW and ITV. I would be more than happy to pay a monthly subscription similar to the ESPN+/DAZN platforms in the US. I hope they go down that route eventually, would save me ****ing about looking for streams.

@GBJ

I think you’re being very kind putting AJ v Parker in there.

Totally agree Hearn has ruined it for the fans with this constant PPV’s and it’s leaked onto other promoters such as FW and ITV. I would be more than happy to pay a monthly subscription similar to the ESPN+/DAZN platforms in the US. I hope they go down that route eventually, would save me ****ing about looking for streams.

The reason I add AJ & Parker to that list, is because for me, Parker was a genuine contender. He wasn’t just a heavy bag for AJ to dance with for a few rounds, before deciding when to stop him. Parker, who had a very good reputation behind him, was coming into the fight, to win.

Lots of people had touted him as the next big thing at HW level for years prior to that fight. I was one of them lol. We knew he had the fastest hand speed out of any heavyweight. We knew he was slick and fast on his feet. He looked like a more polished version of Tyson Fury. On paper, he had the perfect components to trouble Joshua.

Ultimately it didn’t prove to be as great a spectacle as it had threatened to be, with Parker being disappointing & underwhelming - basically a fraction of what he was meant to be.

But I can’t let the disappointment of the fight, change the fact that it was deserving of PPV status going into the event.

———————————————

With regards to a monthly subscription service, we’ve got that already - Sky Sports.

Unfortunately, it all went wrong when those greedy ****s gave Hearn a monopoly control over Boxing on their platform, which froze out the likes of Hatton, Warren & Fat Mick.

I’m not sure of Hearn’s current contract with Sky, but I remember a few years back, it used to be around 22 events per year, and he was allowed 1 PPV in that timescale. That has obviously changed. Last I heard a few years back, he was contracted to around 16-18 events per year, and was allowed 2 PPV’s during that time. As his PPV count goes up, the number of his free-to-air events, goes down .

Last year he had 6 PPV’s.

**** the fans.

It’s a shame I’m not into fishing, because I’ve got a lovely selection of streams to choose from.

Thought I’d post this for those who aren’t die hards or are new to boxing.

This just shows the difference between weigh in and once they’ve rehydrated. Amazing the lengths some fighters go to. Kell Brook always struggled at Welter and used to almost kill himself to make weight but then come fight night would balloon to near middleweight.

This is Kody Davies who is fighting Zak Chelli tonight:

Just watched the Fury fight , was a pretty eventful 12 rounder which saw Fury having to dig deep to gain the victory .
Another performance that will endear him with the US audience , I’d be surprised if he ever fights in the UK again .

I’d like to see Ottowan fight one of our boys like Joyce or Dubois to really see what level they are at as he has heart and is a game lad
Great post fight interview by Fury again

Just watched the Fury fight , was a pretty eventful 12 rounder which saw Fury having to dig deep to gain the victory .
Another performance that will endear him with the US audience , I’d be surprised if he ever fights in the UK again .

I’d like to see Ottowan fight one of our boys like Joyce or Dubois to really see what level they are at as he has heart and is a game lad
Great post fight interview by Fury again

That was a nasty cut and will prevent him from fighting again this year. I’d guess Feb/Mar next year for the Wilder rematch. Fury showed his resilience once again. That cut on another fighter with a different ref or doctor would’ve had the fight stopped.

Agreed Wallin put in a good show and I agree he should be put in against Dubois or Joyce.

John Fury’s interview afterwards was pathetic and stinks of jealousy! Telling him to get rid of his whole team and how he wouldn’t have beaten Povetkin. Well guess what John, Hughie didn’t beat Povetkin either!

Ooh that cut is particularly grim. He won’t fight again this year, and if he needs plastic surgery, a Feb/March date might be in doubt aswell.

It actually made me wince when Wallin purposely raked his glove along it. Filthy tactics, but I admired it nonetheless.

Ooh that cut is particularly grim. He won’t fight again this year, and if he needs plastic surgery, a Feb/March date might be in doubt aswell.

It actually made me wince when Wallin purposely raked his glove along it. Filthy tactics, but I admired it nonetheless.

It’s also a target for Wilder and future opponents. Once it’s been cut before it always becomes a vulnerable area. Fury will have to be seriously on his game.

It’s also a target for Wilder and future opponents. Once it’s been cut before it always becomes a vulnerable area. Fury will have to be seriously on his game.

Yep. Hatton suffered from the same problem, and his old cuts around his eyes would open quite easily.

He had plastic surgery to sort the issue, but it was never the same.

Yep. Hatton suffered from the same problem, and his old cuts around his eyes would open quite easily.

He had plastic surgery to sort the issue, but it was never the same.

One of my favourite boxers of all time Hatton, he used to cut like a bitch. His style of boxing didn’t help. Always wonder how he would’ve faired against Mayweather had Cortez not called break everytime he got on the inside.

One off my all time favourite boxers was a bleeder ,cut above the eyes easily Henry Cooper im sure you all heard off and remember him.

One of my favourite boxers of all time Hatton, he used to cut like a bitch. His style of boxing didn’t help. Always wonder how he would’ve faired against Mayweather had Cortez not called break everytime he got on the inside.

Same here. In fact it was Hatton that got me back into the sport full time tbh.

I still think he should have avoided Pac at that time, and took on De La Hoya, with the winner earning a rematch with Floyd.

Don’t care what people say, Oscar vs Hatton would have been an absolute war.

Would have also loved to have seen Hatton in with Gatti. Another guaranteed barnstormer.

As for Cortez, yeah he absolutely ruined that fight, which is a shame because up until then, I always had him pegged as a good ref. Obviously the rumour that went around was that the Mayweather camp had gotten to him, and had asked him to be extra vigilant against Hatton’s “dirty tactics” on the inside

Hearn announces another ****e card that he’s make a big deal of. Katie Taylor moving up to fight for a world title in the division above. Ducking Persoon who she 100% lost to and all the fans know it.

Buatsi fighting another nobody and Anthony Crolla in a retirement fight. He’s not the headline but will be the last on!

Hearn really is making some really poor cards in the UK.

Top Rank are setting up a UK office with the plan to have more fights in the UK. Which is great hopefully it will bring the likes of Loma and Crawford to the UK more often.

DDD smashing it again! I know his opponent wasn’t much but the lad is the real deal! He proved that when he beat Gorman. I’d like to see him moved up a step now and chucked in with someone like Cristian Hammer. Seems that Chisora and Price have been offered the fight but turned it down. I reckon late next year he will be in a world title fight. As usual Frank is working his magic with nurturing his young talents.

Anyone who watched the fight did you see Joyce being interviewed. He sounded punch drunk and looked a bag of ****. I know he is thick as mince at the best of times but he was just god awful. Why do they get him in front of a mic.

I watched it last night including the undercard, the DDD fight did not last long did it, will be interesting when he does step up against one of the big boys.

I watched it last night including the undercard, the DDD fight did not last long did it, will be interesting when he does step up against one of the big boys.

Don’t think it will be until the end of next year or the start of 21. He is the future of British heavyweight though, the lad has clear talent.

Spence vs Porter - loved this fight , it wasn't edge of your seat stuff as i couldn;t see either getting ko'd but in terms of skill , action and endurance this was up there with some of the best fights of modern times .

Spence vs Porter - loved this fight , it wasn't edge of your seat stuff as i couldn;t see either getting ko'd but in terms of skill , action and endurance this was up there with some of the best fights of modern times .

Personally I thought Porter just nicked it but knew it could go either way. A great fight and I think the knockdown pushed it in Spence's favour. People go on about Spence being the best 147 and highly rated in the P4P rankings. From that display he isn't in the top 10 and Crawford destroys him. Never been a fan of his and personally think he's a bit of a bellend.

Hope they rematch, think it would be a better fight than him against Danny Garcia which looks like is happening next.

Thoughts on Nigel Benn’s “comeback”...

Weird. Odd. Desperate.

Desperate for the limelight once again. Desperate to be relevant. Desperate to bask in the glory, that his son currently enjoys.

Now, if he’d entertained an exhibition bout against Eubank, then I’d have been interested.

BB307877-CE97-4B0E-B9F4-CCB5CDAB73DB.jpeg

Desperate to bask in the glory, that his son currently enjoys.

I think Conor has been bang average and massively overrated! He'll be lucky if he ever goes above European level.

Back