• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think Conor has been bang average and massively overrated! He'll be lucky if he ever goes above European level.

Agree completely.

But thanks to Sky, he’s become a well-known figure. His ability has nothing to do with it.

Joseph Parker pulled out of Chisora fight with an "Illness" hmmm. must be pretty serious 24 days before the fight. Twitter speculating it is a spider bite???

Joseph Parker pulled out of Chisora fight with an "Illness" hmmm. must be pretty serious 24 days before the fight. Twitter speculating it is a spider bite???

See, this is why I couldn’t ever live in Australia or NZ. Too many things trying to kill you.

Interesting to see who the replacement will be. Prograis - Taylor will still be the main event, so Hearn hasn’t got to go all out here. In fact, he tweeted a pic of Shannon Briggs earlier and whilst there’s no chance of it happening, I’ve got to admit the pressers & build-up would be incredible.

Povetkin would be good, but I think he’s going to be used on the Saudi card.

Possibly Hughie, but it might be too soon after his last fight.

I’d say it’ll likely be Rivas getting the nod.

See, this is why I couldn’t ever live in Australia or NZ. Too many things trying to kill you.

Interesting to see who the replacement will be. Prograis - Taylor will still be the main event, so Hearn hasn’t got to go all out here. In fact, he tweeted a pic of Shannon Briggs earlier and whilst there’s no chance of it happening, I’ve got to admit the pressers & build-up would be incredible.

Povetkin would be good, but I think he’s going to be used on the Saudi card.

Possibly Hughie, but it might be too soon after his last fight.

I’d say it’ll likely be Rivas getting the nod.

I lived in Perth and if you live in the cities you don't see any spiders/snakes etc.

I'm not sure what kind of spider bite would have him written off for so long? I kind of get the feeling he just doesn't fancy it. A guy at the football club I was involved with in Oz lived out in the country and got bitten by a red back, he was back working a couple of days later (he did actually go back the next day but passed out). Could it be the treatment contains a banned substance or something? It seems odd, I'm no medical expert but I'd like to know the spider involved and whether it is normal for a doctor to advise 3 weeks rest for spider bites of that nature.

I was quite looking forward to that fight. Such is life

I lived in Perth and if you live in the cities you don't see any spiders/snakes etc.

I'm not sure what kind of spider bite would have him written off for so long? I kind of get the feeling he just doesn't fancy it. A guy at the football club I was involved with in Oz lived out in the country and got bitten by a red back, he was back working a couple of days later (he did actually go back the next day but passed out). Could it be the treatment contains a banned substance or something? It seems odd, I'm no medical expert but I'd like to know the spider involved and whether it is normal for a doctor to advise 3 weeks rest for spider bites of that nature.

I was quite looking forward to that fight. Such is life

Yeah seems odd. If it had been really serious, you’d have thought something more detailed would have been announced by now.

Good shout on the banned substance stuff. I can’t help but be cynical nowadays, this could have some legs.

Campbell Hatton (Ricky’s son) seems to be coming along nicely.

Been watching him train with his dad for years now, and am very interested to see his potential career develop, and if he can follow in the old man’s footsteps.

Yeah seems odd. If it had been really serious, you’d have thought something more detailed would have been announced by now.

Good shout on the banned substance stuff. I can’t help but be cynical nowadays, this could have some legs.

8 of them?

Campbell Hatton (Ricky’s son) seems to be coming along nicely.

Been watching him train with his dad for years now, and am very interested to see his potential career develop, and if he can follow in the old man’s footsteps.

I’ve been following him too, looks a decent prospect. Very reminiscent of his father at that age too. Looks a spit of him too.

Love watching Hatton train him , really gets rough with him and throws some solid jabs at him and gets a proper sweat on himself ! , agreed that his movement and timing is coming along nicely be keen to see how he progresses .

sorry if this has been mentioned on here before but does anyone listen to ' Pound for Pound ' podcast with Spencer Oliver and Jake Wood ?

I for one really enjoy it and they have some good interviews on there and some great insights to how a boxers mind works and their personalities, i really do think boxing has some top characters and they mainly all come across really humble and decent guys.

Love watching Hatton train him , really gets rough with him and throws some solid jabs at him and gets a proper sweat on himself ! , agreed that his movement and timing is coming along nicely be keen to see how he progresses .

sorry if this has been mentioned on here before but does anyone listen to ' Pound for Pound ' podcast with Spencer Oliver and Jake Wood ?

I for one really enjoy it and they have some good interviews on there and some great insights to how a boxers mind works and their personalities, i really do think boxing has some top characters and they mainly all come across really humble and decent guys.

I did initially when it started but it just got unbearable, Jake Wood is annoying and that stupid segment they did with the Greek guy was ****e. Spencer Oliver is absolutely clueless when he talks boxing and comes out with some utter tripe.

If you want the best Podcasts listen to:

BoxHard Podcast - good interviews with some very interesting fighters, they preview and review all of the fights over the weekend. Not just the big shows but the small hall shows too.

TKO with Carl Frampton - good insights from not just boxers but trainers cut men etc. The Devin Haney one they’ve just done is excellent. A massive talent that kid and will dominate once he wins that world championship for years!

Finally the best to last:

Fight Disciples - funny, brilliant and well analysed. If you can put aside Nick’s bias towards the Scouse it’s brilliant. They talk sense they take the **** and they don’t beat about the bush. There is a reason it’s been voted the best sports podcast 2 years running and I wouldn’t be surprised if they get it for a third. If you also have an interest in MMA they do a pod that covers that too. I urge you if you give one of these a go this is the one!

KSI v Logan Paul 2 is going to be Box Office on Sky!

Eddie Hearn making a joke of boxing for the money!

David Price stepping in as Joseph Parker's replacement to fight Derek Chisora

Surprised he’s taken this at short notice, thought he was hanging on to be part of the Callum Smith at Anfield fight next year. Losing to Chisora makes his stock drop back down again and that’s not a dig at Chisora.

I see Usyk’s opponent has been pinged for an adverse finding and now they need a last minute opponent.

Surprised he’s taken this at short notice, thought he was hanging on to be part of the Callum Smith at Anfield fight next year. Losing to Chisora makes his stock drop back down again and that’s not a dig at Chisora.

I see Usyk’s opponent has been pinged for an adverse finding and now they need a last minute opponent.
Could be wrong I'm not a great scholar of the sport, but I remember how Povetkin destroyed him and a small guy who will come forward through his punches and go to war with him on the inside like Chisora seems all wrong for him.

Could be wrong I'm not a great scholar of the sport, but I remember how Povetkin destroyed him and a small guy who will come forward through his punches and go to war with him on the inside like Chisora seems all wrong for him.

Chisora has showed he still has it. He beat Whyte in the first fight (albeit it for the dodgy scorecards) then spanked Takam and made quick work of Szpilka. He’s not one to underestimate, if he can do what Allen failed to do and get on the inside then Price is ****ed. Although Chizzy isn’t known for his power he has knocked out some decent fighters. Price’s chin is shocking and one Chisora looping right to that jaw and TIMBER! I see nothing other than a Price KO. Really not sure why Price has taken this.

Errol Spence Jr has been involved in a really nasty car crash he is in a serious condition but should survive. From news reports it appears he was driving at high speed and wasn't wearing a seat belt. He was thrown from the car whilst it was rolling down the road.

Think Price v Chisora could be a good bang up you know , unlike you guys i think its a 50/50 fight , if we get the best version of Del Boy he wins , if not and Price keeps him at bay he could nick it

Think Price v Chisora could be a good bang up you know , unlike you guys i think its a 50/50 fight , if we get the best version of Del Boy he wins , if not and Price keeps him at bay he could nick it

Price looked alright against a very poor Dave Allen who had his tactics all wrong and wasn't fighting with his usual game plan. Price although he was winning did look in a little trouble pre bite against Kash Ali. Price's problem is his gas tank and it has been his downfall throughout his career. Chisora has an excellent gas tank and will have no problems lasting the distance and we know he can bang when he wants to. The KO's of Szpilka and Takam who the latter is a pretty tough ****er were impressive. I just can't see Price winning and I put this as a generous 80/20. But what do I know I predicted Allen would beat Price by KO.

Back