• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do you think those weights will affect the fight?

Joshua never had a gas tank due to his pure muscle mass. He’s slimmed right down which means he will be carrying less muscle which will help him last longer. I still don’t think he will have a the tank to last against Ruiz who is a 12 round fighter and is fast.

Ruiz in completely confused by, he looks much better but has weighed in heavier. I don’t think it will have to much of an affect on him. He’s used to fighting at that size and weight why change when let’s be honest he hasn’t really lost a fight (the Parker fight he definitely won imo). He’s got the tank to easily last 12 rounds unfortunately if this goes to 12 Ruiz could be winning 12-0 on everyone’s cards but the judges will have it in Joshua’s favour.

I assume Joshua has either come in light to try and KO him early or last the distance knowing full well he will get the decision. Eddie will have taken the judges out for their steak meal and the cards are no doubt already written. I’ll be disappointed in Steve Gray if he does go Joshua wide if Ruiz fights better as I like him as a ref and judge. Luckily the moron Terry O’Connor is nowhere near this fight.

Looking forward to this one tonight, hopefully my stream doesn’t let me down as I’m not paying £25 out of principal!

Latest Conspiracy Theories are that Andy Ruiz Jr had weights inside his jogging bottoms, inside his large sneakers/trainers, and under his Sombrero

Link

Latest Conspiracy Theories are that Andy Ruiz Jr had weights inside his jogging bottoms, inside his large sneakers/trainers, and under his Sombrero

Link

Wouldn’t be the first to do it either Thomas Hearns did it before one of his fights.

So far, my stream is holding up well :Worthy:

Got the American commentary aswell. Looking forward to Hunter & Povetkin

Dillian Whyte cleared of any wrong doing in the drug investigation. Hopefully he'll get a title shot next year

Have you read the statement? He had traces the blokes a dirty drug cheat just good at hiding it. Proving against Wach that he is European level at best he's a **** version of Chisora. Doesn't deserve a world title shot at all.

Right, final shout... I’ve put money on Ruiz to win in 2/3/4, and AJ to win by majority decision @ 33/1

Easy money

Terrible judging there I had Hunter winning 8-4.

Terrible judging there I had Hunter winning 8-4.

I had it 115-113 to Hunter, but not overly bothered by the draw. Wasn’t a spectacular fight, and I didn’t think either deserved to lose. Both had their good moments, aswell as their bad.

I had it 115-113 to Hunter, but not overly bothered by the draw. Wasn’t a spectacular fight, and I didn’t think either deserved to lose. Both had their good moments, aswell as their bad.

No shock the Russian judge gave it to Povetkin.

Was more interested in Hunter’s decision to enter the arena to Charlie Chaplin’s speech from The Great Dictator

Can’t imagine that went down too well :ROFL:

Adam Smith needs to get in the ****ing sea, worst boxing commentator ever!

AJ impressive, coverage was f***ing awful. Camera angle embarrassing and commentary terrible as per

AJ impressive, coverage was f***ing awful. Camera angle embarrassing and commentary terrible as per

He played the game plan right. Still got hit easily and if he fights anything like that against Wilder or Fury he gets spanked. A good performance but still think he’s not in the top 2 of the division. It’s good for Fury v Wilder 2 as it means it will 100% happen next rather than Ruiz v Wilder.

WBO have ordered Joshua to defend against Usyk.

Watch him drop the WBO belt now.

Watched a DAZN stream of the under card and Joshua's fight, although Joshua won well, but I think either Wilder or Fury would make mincemeat of him.

They were talking after the fight about another rematch "Andy Ruiz Jr v Anthony Joshua 3" again in Saudi Arabia, apparently there is loads of money available from the hosts to see it happen.

Back