• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It’s pretty much confirmed for 18th of July in Vegas Fury v Wilder III.

Anyone who genuinely thought Fury v AJ would be next is high on crack!

Wilder’s gone (or is about to go) on a month-long holiday to Africa.

A month is a long time in sport. It will give him time to get away from the cameras & the yes men & reflect openly & honestly, on what just happened to him.

I’m not writing it off completely, but I am sceptical.

Wilder’s gone (or is about to go) on a month-long holiday to Africa.

A month is a long time in sport. It will give him time to get away from the cameras & the yes men & reflect openly & honestly, on what just happened to him.

I’m not writing it off completely, but I am sceptical.

He needs to attempt to rebuild his credibility! He lost it completely after the stupid comment about his ring walk outfit. The only way he will rebuild that is by getting back in the ring against Fury and attempting to cause him problems. Then if he loses again just be gracious in defeat.

Its Pacman versus Mikey Garcia.

Not exactly the most riveting fight. Garcia is a great fighter but he is not a 147 fighter. He needs to go back down to 140 or 135 where the best fights are for him. The likes of Josh Taylor at 140 and Loma at 135.

I’d much rather see Pac against Spence or Crawford or retirement.

Lots of boxing events being postponed and cancelled. They’re talking about Postponing Canelo v BJS which hasn’t even been announced.

Lots of boxing events being postponed and cancelled. They’re talking about Postponing Canelo v BJS which hasn’t even been announced.

The event at MSG tomorrow night is taking place behind closed doors now.

Frank is saying the Joyce Dubois fight will go ahead, but I’m sceptical. Sporting events & seasons are being put on hold around the world, but Frank feels he’s got his **** under control ?

The event at MSG tomorrow night is taking place behind closed doors now.

Frank is saying the Joyce Dubois fight will go ahead, but I’m sceptical. Sporting events & seasons are being put on hold around the world, but Frank feels he’s got his **** under control ?

Not anymore, Bob has postponed it now.

Bellator of MMA have cancelled one of their events but Bellator have still paid the fighters. Others should take note of this. The fighters pay an absolute fortune for their training camps and to postpone/cancel events can cripple them financially.

BJS has had his licence revoked, following his video from the other day.

The man never learns.

BJS has had his licence revoked, following his video from the other day.

The man never learns.

Doesn’t affect the Canelo fight though as he doesn’t need a BBBoC licence to fight in Vegas. Fury still doesn’t have a BBBoC licence.

Doesn’t affect the Canelo fight though as he doesn’t need a BBBoC licence to fight in Vegas. Fury still doesn’t have a BBBoC licence.

Another example of why the BBBoC are essentially pointless. Frank, Haye & Chisora put their reputation to the sword 8-years-ago.

BJS will do well to recover from this.

He’s dug himself one-too-many graves now.

I went to an evening with BJS and he was one of the nicest blokes I’ve ever met. Think he is easily influenced by idiots though.

The Ingle gym is definitely not the right place for him. It was a joke obviously but what BJS has to realise is he isn’t a comedian and people don’t find domestic violence funny.

Such a shame as he is one hell of a talent so much so that I think he could beat Canelo. Frank struggled to tame him and now Eddie will have the same problem. He needs booting off social media and have a strict advisor.

I went to an evening with BJS and he was one of the nicest blokes I’ve ever met. Think he is easily influenced by idiots though.

The Ingle gym is definitely not the right place for him. It was a joke obviously but what BJS has to realise is he isn’t a comedian and people don’t find domestic violence funny.

Such a shame as he is one hell of a talent so much so that I think he could beat Canelo. Frank struggled to tame him and now Eddie will have the same problem. He needs booting off social media and have a strict advisor.

I agree with all of that.

However, its important to remember that most boxers are as thick as two short planks, and can often find themselves involved in controversy, somewhere along the line. That’s not just true of the current generation either, it stretches back over the past 100-years.

Sometimes it’s more the fault of their background, upbringing or a simple lack of education.

That’s why the often fail at conducting themselves appropriately, in the modern society.

BJS has sadly fell short of those expectations, again-and-again.

But like you mate, I also believe he’s a decent enough guy at heart.

I agree with all of that.

However, its important to remember that most boxers are as thick as two short planks, and can often find themselves involved in controversy, somewhere along the line. That’s not just true of the current generation either, it stretches back over the past 100-years.

Sometimes it’s more the fault of their background, upbringing or a simple lack of education.

That’s why the often fail at conducting themselves appropriately, in the modern society.

BJS has sadly fell short of those expectations, again-and-again.

But like you mate, I also believe he’s a decent enough guy at heart.

The Gypsy background is probably a massive factor but that would be harsh on all gypsies.

The Gypsy background is probably a massive factor but that would be harsh on all gypsies.

True. I know some travellers who would be considered “better” citizens than some “town folk”.

But we can’t ignore the fact that as a community, modern education isn’t top of their priorities list.

Back