• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BJS gets his boxing licence revoked for a distasteful joke. Geovonta Davis assaults his girlfriend in front of a crowd gets nothing. Devin Haney makes a racist remark and gets nothing! Absolute joke!

Yeah, it doesn’t look good does it. But boxing is a basket case of a sport at the best of times. The men in charge only think of one thing.

For example, remember when Devin’s inspiration - Floyd Mayweather - was sentenced to 3-months in the steel hotel for battering his kids’ mum? but had the sentence delayed by 5-months, so he could compete against Miguel Cotto on Cinco De Mayo. Apparently the economic benefits from that fight, were more important to the City of Las Vegas.

And there, in a nutshell, is what it’s all about. Money > everything.

With Devin having potential fights against Loma, Teo or possibly even Gervonta Davis on the horizon, the powers that be aren’t going to throw it away for what can be passed off as... well, a throw away comment.

I will say though, I’m forever stumped as to why boxers feel the need to bring race into the mix. He’s not the first, (trust me, there’s a long list behind him) and he probably won’t be the last.

I’ve continually said, I don’t think boxers are the sharpest knives in the drawer, and some suffer badly from a lack of education, which probably has something to do with it. Of course, some are spurred on by tribalism, which is no more than a crass marketing ploy IMO. It was only a few months ago that an American pundit tried to shoehorn the race element into Wilder-Fury’s rematch, which despite being particularly embarrassing, would have undoubtedly appealed to *ahem* a certain audience.

As for BJS, as you’ve said previously, he doesn’t need to be licensed by the BBBoC to fight in the States anyway, so their flexing is only for show. In fact, he doesn’t even need a license from them, to fight in this country. They’re the most redundant governing body, of any sport that I can think of.

Once again when there is absolutely no possibility of Fury v AJ happening next Hearn is banging the drum saying it will be!

Good Luck getting Wilder and Pulev to take step aside money.

Once again when there is absolutely no possibility of Fury v AJ happening next Hearn is banging the drum saying it will be!

Good Luck getting Wilder and Pulev to take step aside money.

Money talks.

If they’re offered a nice sum, they’ll step aside. Wouldn’t be the first time Pulev has stepped aside after a little earner from Hearn.

Didn’t know Wilder had surgery until the other day. He won’t be fighting for months yet.

I think boxing is no different to any sport right now; anything & everything is possible. Although, lets be fair if they stage AJ & Fury in Saudi Arabia, it’s a farce. That fight should only be held in an English Stadium.

Their holding off the Fury v AJ fight so they can put it on at the opening of SUFC new stadium. They might all be 60 years old by then but so what gentleman Jack Johnson had his last fight at the young age of 66 . lol:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Money talks.

If they’re offered a nice sum, they’ll step aside. Wouldn’t be the first time Pulev has stepped aside after a little earner from Hearn.

Didn’t know Wilder had surgery until the other day. He won’t be fighting for months yet.

I think boxing is no different to any sport right now; anything & everything is possible. Although, lets be fair if they stage AJ & Fury in Saudi Arabia, it’s a farce. That fight should only be held in an English Stadium.

But let’s face it the money just isn’t in and English Stadium. If they want to make the ‘Mayweather’ money it needs to be done in the Middle East or Vegas.

But let’s face it the money just isn’t in and English Stadium. If they want to make the ‘Mayweather’ money it needs to be done in the Middle East or Vegas.

Yeah you’re not wrong.

Which is a shame, because this fight is a once in a generation fight, that many people would have loved to have seen live - including me!!

Yeah you’re not wrong.

Which is a shame, because this fight is a once in a generation fight, that many people would have loved to have seen live - including me!!

I genuinely don’t think we will see it. It’ll end up being the next Khan v Brook but on a larger scale. And if we do see it it’ll be too late ala May Pac.

Has anyone seen Eddie Hall and Thor are going to get into the ring and have a fight. :Facepalm:

Back