• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Make no mistake, even in his 50’s, John is better than your average street fighter.

But it’s not even debateable, he’s a proper ****.

Oh I don’t doubt that, he’s a gypsy.

Don’t think he’d beat Tyson though.

Oh I don’t doubt that, he’s a gypsy.

Don’t think he’d beat Tyson though.

Nah, not even close.

Also, never been a fan of fighters saying they’re willing to die in a fight. It’s bollocks.

Bellew still gets a caning for that ****

Nah, not even close.

Also, never been a fan of fighters saying they’re willing to die in a fight. It’s bollocks.

Bellew still gets a caning for that ****

Bellew is a bellend too.

He’s on that SAS show at the moment with another bellend. That Ant Middleton and apparently they’re good mates says a lot really.

It must be a Scouse thing but **** me Anthony Fowler is an irritating ****! Pushing all this CBD bollocks.

He’s on that SAS show at the moment with another bellend. That Ant Middleton and apparently they’re good mates says a lot really.

It must be a Scouse thing but **** me Anthony Fowler is an irritating ****! Pushing all this CBD bollocks.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll make sure I give that a swerve.

Never been a fan of Fowler for some reason.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll make sure I give that a swerve.

Never been a fan of Fowler for some reason.

Nope me neither, I loved watching him get beaten by Scott Fitzgerald. He seems to be the kryptonite for boxers I don’t like as he beat Cheeseman too.

UFC 249 happened earlier this morning. Appears to have gone ahead with no issues. I expect boxing events will soon start up pretty quickly now.

Did you see Eddie Hearn banging on about putting on a fight at an iconic venue with no fans. I think he is looking at Whyte v Povetkin to be the first ‘big’ fight back.

I really hope Povetkin smashes Whyte and the hype train gets derailed. He’s one of the most over rated fighters going with nothing overly special on his record.

Rumours circulating that Wilder has agreed to step aside from his inevitable third beating from Tyson Fury, to allow the fight that everyone has wanted for the past several years.....

Rumours circulating that Wilder has agreed to step aside from his inevitable third beating from Tyson Fury, to allow the fight that everyone has wanted for the past several years.....

Interesting, the injury is obviously worse than first thought. At the end of the day the fight against the winner will be there for him after. Why not pocket £10m step aside money then get the money for the rematch/Joshua fight afterwards.

Dillian Whyte slips further down the pecking order, he’ll bitch and moan about it. Fingers crossed the juiced up Russian smashes him!

Interesting, the injury is obviously worse than first thought. At the end of the day the fight against the winner will be there for him after. Why not pocket £10m step aside money then get the money for the rematch/Joshua fight afterwards.

Dillian Whyte slips further down the pecking order, he’ll bitch and moan about it. Fingers crossed the juiced up Russian smashes him!

Agree with all of that.

It never made sense for Wilder to rush back into a third fight, especially after suffering A) a bad injury & B) such a devastating loss. I think I said at the time, that it was mainly a bruised ego that was driving him, but a bit of time away to clear his head would change his mind.

It’s hard to see AJ & Fury fighting in this country. It’s a Wembley fight all day long, but the chances of that happening are slim-to-none.

Part of me would like them to hold off for now, and do it when the time was right, but then part of me acknowledges that if it doesn’t happen now, then we risk the fight never happening, or when they’re well past their primes - like Floyd & Pac.

All that aside, this is one of, if not the biggest fight in British boxing history. And I cannot wait

Agree with all of that.

It never made sense for Wilder to rush back into a third fight, especially after suffering A) a bad injury & B) such a devastating loss. I think I said at the time, that it was mainly a bruised ego that was driving him, but a bit of time away to clear his head would change his mind.

It’s hard to see AJ & Fury fighting in this country. It’s a Wembley fight all day long, but the chances of that happening are slim-to-none.

Part of me would like them to hold off for now, and do it when the time was right, but then part of me acknowledges that if it doesn’t happen now, then we risk the fight never happening, or when they’re well past their primes - like Floyd & Pac.

All that aside, this is one of, if not the biggest fight in British boxing history. And I cannot wait

It’ll never be bigger or live up to the memories of Haye v Harrison.

David Haye top ten heavyweights

Ali
Lewis
Holyfield
Foreman
Holmes
Tyson
Frazier
Liston
Norton
Bowe

Firstly, Bowe shouldn't be anywhere near that list, constantly avoided fighting Lewis or anyone else for that matter.
No Joe Louis or Marciano?
Tyson at six? now whatever you think of the man you can't deny what an unbelievable fighter he was - I say at his peak he would have beaten anyone in any era. For that he is number one for me.

David Haye top ten heavyweights

Ali
Lewis
Holyfield
Foreman
Holmes
Tyson
Frazier
Liston
Norton
Bowe

Firstly, Bowe shouldn't be anywhere near that list, constantly avoided fighting Lewis or anyone else for that matter.
No Joe Louis or Marciano?
Tyson at six? now whatever you think of the man you can't deny what an unbelievable fighter he was - I say at his peak he would have beaten anyone in any era. For that he is number one for me.

Whilst I appreciate most ATG lists are subjective, I tend to agree with you here mate.

Aside from the obvious omissions of Joe Louis & Rocky Marciano, I’d personally add Jack Dempsey, Jack Johnson, Harry Greb & Floyd Patterson.

The best of all time is always going to be contentious, and Mike Tyson (probably my all time favourite) will always deserve to be in the discussion, but to me Dempsey or Louis take the top spot. Both were nasty, horrible bastards.

True story, (think I’ve mentioned it on here before) I was in Vegas in 2008, and walked out of one of the bars in the Bellagio, only for Mike Tyson to walk into that same bar, about 10 minutes later.

Few of the lads who were there, said he was being a complete pest. Rude, obnoxious, and gunning for trouble. This was during his days of walking around clutching a carrier bag full of sniff, with a plastic straw sticking out of it.

Still gutted I missed that one.

Back