• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I like the idea - in fact I love the idea - but the chances of getting those names into the tournament.... I’m not so sure.

Most of them command decent money, so unless Kalle wants to lay off the coke for a month, and use that to fund their wages, it seems unlikely they’d go in for it.

We’d likely end up with a very watered down version including Carlos Takam, Kownacki, Hughie Fury & Helenius... if you’re lucky.

I love the videos of Kalle at press conferences. He claims he’s not on the sniff in a couple of interviews I’ve seen where they question him on it.

Who knows it might happen, oh ****!

I forgot Ortiz! I’d have him in and watch him smash Dillian Whyte! :ROFL:

I love the videos of Kalle at press conferences. He claims he’s not on the sniff in a couple of interviews I’ve seen where they question him on it.

Who knows it might happen, oh ****!

I forgot Ortiz! I’d have him in and watch him smash Dillian Whyte! :ROFL:

I genuinely like Kalle. Not sure if he still does, but he used to play up to his reputation/persona on social media quite a lot.

I genuinely like Kalle. Not sure if he still does, but he used to play up to his reputation/persona on social media quite a lot.

He’s a likeable guy and loves the UK.

I saw the WBSS Heavyweight thing on twitter too, would love to see it! hadn't thought of the financials and what fees these guys command, I'm guessing you would need full stadiums and PPV and we aint getting full stadiums for a while

I saw the WBSS Heavyweight thing on twitter too, would love to see it! hadn't thought of the financials and what fees these guys command, I'm guessing you would need full stadiums and PPV and we aint getting full stadiums for a while

I think promoters are starting to realise that this isn’t going to happen anytime soon so they’re having to put their big fights on behind closed doors. Expect PPV prices to be more expensive for bigger fights.

Teo v Loma is this month and that is one hell of a fight! That’s for all of the marbles and who is the best in the lightweight division. If Bob and ESPN can do it then others can.

Frank has pushed back Dubois v Joyce again! Purely because fans can’t be there. These fights need to happen whether there is fans or not! The longer you wait the more interest in boxing is lost! I point you towards the UFC again who are putting on the biggest fights their big money spinners which would make them more money with fans on behind closed doors. Unfortunately boxing promoters are greedier than Dana White!

Not yet. Was busy yesterday, so planning on catching up with it this week. Heard that Loma started off slowly, but this may be because Teo wouldn’t let him get out of second gear?

Absolutely! We all know how Loma works he spends the first few rounds downloading the data and then starts to pick up later on. I think the power and speed of Teo just perplexed him. Let’s be honest 135 was probably a step too far for Loma he is much better at 130. Teofimo Lopez is the real deal and I can’t see him staying at 135 he is massive. Would love to see him move upto 140 and fight the winner of Taylor and Ramirez. He could go undisputed champion to undisputed champion in two weight divisions back to back! That’s greatest of all time level achievements. But we know boxing and the sanctioning bodies so it’ll probably never happen.

What do we think of Terry O'Conners antics during the Ritson fight , im only judging fro what ive seen on socials but they surely have to void the fight ....which as far as im aware has never happened before but how can you use his score card if it was proven he wasn;t even watching

What do we think of Terry O'Conners antics during the Ritson fight , im only judging fro what ive seen on socials but they surely have to void the fight ....which as far as im aware has never happened before but how can you use his score card if it was proven he wasn;t even watching

It’s not the first time that clown has made a shocking decision. As for the alleged use of his phone! The man should never judge or referee ever again!

rightly so too , even if its a 2 second look at his phone it still means that round should be void , if not the whole fight ....im sure there will be more footage appearing to see if it was a moment where he looked at the time on his phone which i suppose could be argued as looking at his watch.

This is set a rule that all judges need to lock away their phones during fights which would be a start, im guessing O'connor would not have done that if there was a crowd all around him .

rightly so too , even if its a 2 second look at his phone it still means that round should be void , if not the whole fight ....im sure there will be more footage appearing to see if it was a moment where he looked at the time on his phone which i suppose could be argued as looking at his watch.

This is set a rule that all judges need to lock away their phones during fights which would be a start, im guessing O'connor would not have done that if there was a crowd all around him .

I’ve seen a couple of the videos and it isn’t certain whether it is a phone or his score card.

Christmas present sorted :ROFL: :ROFL:

I'm looking forward to tonight and really hope Chisora can trouble Usyk. I've had a bet with my heart and a bet with my head. Chisora to win in rounds 1-6 at 16/1 is the one I doubt will come in but I really want it to. Usyk to win in round 10 is more likely at 14/1

I'm looking forward to tonight and really hope Chisora can trouble Usyk. I've had a bet with my heart and a bet with my head. Chisora to win in rounds 1-6 at 16/1 is the one I doubt will come in but I really want it to. Usyk to win in round 10 is more likely at 14/1

12 round shut out for Usyk.

Reactions: GBJ
Back