• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Talks for Fury v Usk have apparently broken down which although no surprise is a blow to boxing fans.Seems that most of the fights fans want to see just won't happen

Talks for Fury v Usk have apparently broken down which although no surprise is a blow to boxing fans.Seems that most of the fights fans want to see just won't happen
And 20 minutes later Frank Warren comes out and says it isn’t dead.

Honestly boxing is so frustrating. Why can’t the best fight the best like they do in the UFC. We are lucky if we get that a couple of times a year. In the UFC it’s week in week out. I’ve lost a lot of love for boxing over the past couple of years.

Reactions: tia
And 20 minutes later Frank Warren comes out and says it isn’t dead.

Honestly boxing is so frustrating. Why can’t the best fight the best like they do in the UFC. We are lucky if we get that a couple of times a year. In the UFC it’s week in week out. I’ve lost a lot of love for boxing over the past couple of years.
I'm more of a casual boxing fan and I am not most knowledge about the sport but I do find this so frustrating.I like Fury but when he says money isn't important he fight for nothing etc its funny as he seems very money driven.Fair enough he Is a world star but I think fans deserve better.If the boxers aren't careful a lot of fans will lose interest as you say you have and I know from your posts you are a keen fan

I'm more of a casual boxing fan and I am not most knowledge about the sport but I do find this so frustrating.I like Fury but when he says money isn't important he fight for nothing etc its funny as he seems very money driven.Fair enough he Is a world star but I think fans deserve better.If the boxers aren't careful a lot of fans will lose interest as you say you have and I know from your posts you are a keen fan
Yes, that is a big thing people point out! He one minute says he’ll fight someone for free and then the next demands the lions share of the purse split.

I don’t blame Fury for wanting as much money as possible, he is the man putting his life on the line everytime he steps into the ring and it’s a short career. Just don’t try and pull the wool over our eyes and say it’s not about money.

Reactions: tia
I can’t believe I wasted my time watching that! Joyce or Wilder batter that version of AJ.

Actually started to fall asleep watching it. Thankfully I never pay full price for these PPVs
Imagine the uproar if people had paid PPV money for that. I know DAZN have adjusted their subscription price to reflect the fact that AJ fights are included and it’s a higher rate. That whole card was a joke!

Imagine the uproar if people had paid PPV money for that. I know DAZN have adjusted their subscription price to reflect the fact that AJ fights are included and it’s a higher rate. That whole card was a joke!
Franklin showed a lot of heart but he was a bit of a bum.

AJ still struggled to a win and quite frankly on that showing he has no right to call out any of the big dogs in the division.

I got second hand embarrassment for him when he called Fury’s name.

Franklin showed a lot of heart but he was a bit of a bum.

AJ still struggled to a win and quite frankly on that showing he has no right to call out any of the big dogs in the division.

I got second hand embarrassment for him when he called Fury’s name.
He’s post fight interview was a bit embarrassing AGAIN, but less so than the Usyk II one.

What you have to look at, did AJ box like a top 5 heavyweight? The answer is no! Joyce and Wilder would’ve made easy work of that AJ. I think a few other heavyweights would’ve done the same.

Carl Froch summed up that performance from AJ , hes not interested in anything but money .
Don’t blame him for that, just don’t try and sell it as a ‘New Dawn’ when it’s clearly not.

Anyone else losing hope with heavy weight division? Why are certain boxers doing what they are doing ? We then paying public deserve certain fights to go ahead and be arranged.

Anyone else losing hope with heavy weight division? Why are certain boxers doing what they are doing ? We then paying public deserve certain fights to go ahead and be arranged.
Because, much like football, everyone moans about it then still buys tickets, subscriptions, PPV, memorabilia etc

Blimey O'Rielly!
The women boxing is tough stuff.
The Camerron v Taylor was a top scrap with not lack of effort, aggression or professionalism.
Well done to both.

Blimey O'Rielly!
The women boxing is tough stuff.
The Camerron v Taylor was a top scrap with not lack of effort, aggression or professionalism.
Well done to both.
Don't really bother with women's boxing unless it's the elite level like Cameron and Taylor. No one wants to see that muppet Ebanie Bridges get gifted a world title.

I met Chantelle Cameron at an evening with Billy Joe Saunders, she wasn't a world champion at this point. Really nice person and had all the time in the world for me. I wanted her to beat Taylor as personally I think she has been lucky with a few of her decisions. Typical Matchroom hype train fighter, getting decisions when they should've gone the other way.

Honestly thought it was going to happen again, thankfully 2 of the judges saw it how it was.

The rematch will just be rinse and repeat. I hope it's in Northampton and Cameron can take her belts off her at 135.

Back