• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I referenced to that here:
Post in thread 'General Boxing Thread'
http://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/general-boxing-thread.84844/post-2538834

Someone on a YouTube channel I watch knows about cycles and explained it when it first came out.
I remember Alan Glassfield telling me about him using it, you'll know he never made any secret about his steroid use. He said he used it in breaks in his cycles just so his libido didn't go, for the sake of his girlfriend 😂

I remember Alan Glassfield telling me about him using it, you'll know he never made any secret about his steroid use. He said he used it in breaks in his cycles just so his libido didn't go, for the sake of his girlfriend 😂
I remember his early days, I said be careful mate because of the roid rage. I went round one day and there was knuckle marks in the fridge. I asked what happened, he said he got annoyed, I said “roid rage then” he protested. The next day I went round and his keyboard was smashed to bits, same excuses but it wasn’t the roids!

I remember his early days, I said be careful mate because of the roid rage. I went round one day and there was knuckle marks in the fridge. I asked what happened, he said he got annoyed, I said “roid rage then” he protested. The next day I went round and his keyboard was smashed to bits, same excuses but it wasn’t the roids!
I never saw an angry side of him and he seemed to be very knowledgeable about what he was taking and what effect it had on the body, guess you never know what happens behind closes doors though!

I never saw an angry side of him and he seemed to be very knowledgeable about what he was taking and what effect it had on the body, guess you never know what happens behind closes doors though!
This was early days of when he was starting and learning, it was at that point I distanced myself from him. I know he will have got better because he always researched and became knowledgable in anything he did, so I expect later on he was a skilled steroid user. I do regret cutting myself off from him because I didn’t see him much after that.

Conor Benn…”a highly elevated consumption of eggs” 😂😂

What a load of cr*p….he’s a drugs cheat!
Is this the truth he was telling everyone “wait till it comes out?” 🤣🤣

It’s the WBC he’s been cleared by a governing body, not the sanctioning body like the BBBoC who he is still suspended with.

The whole WBC case was a joke, they only went off the first test. The fact of the matter is a banned substance was found in his body not once but twice! To blame eggs is just ****ing pathetic!

His conduct whilst this whole saga has been going on has been embarrassing. If he’d have taken it on the chin and said he ****ed up. I might have some sympathy, but he has been an absolute prick about it all. Shocked Eddie Hearn has stuck by him. Money talks when your surname is Benn.

Don't know if any of you saw this a couple of months agpo, but Quest were running a 4 part documentary called The Kings (based on the book called the 4 Kings), it's about the fights between Leonard, Hearns, Duran and Hagler and their respective careeers. Really good watch.

Is this the truth he was telling everyone “wait till it comes out?” 🤣🤣

It’s the WBC he’s been cleared by a governing body, not the sanctioning body like the BBBoC who he is still suspended with.

The whole WBC case was a joke, they only went off the first test. The fact of the matter is a banned substance was found in his body not once but twice! To blame eggs is just ****ing pathetic!

His conduct whilst this whole saga has been going on has been embarrassing. If he’d have taken it on the chin and said he ****ed up. I might have some sympathy, but he has been an absolute prick about it all. Shocked Eddie Hearn has stuck by him. Money talks when your surname is Benn.
The Benn surname doesn’t hold any weight though tbh. It’s 2023 not 1993.

Don't know if any of you saw this a couple of months agpo, but Quest were running a 4 part documentary called The Kings (based on the book called the 4 Kings), it's about the fights between Leonard, Hearns, Duran and Hagler and their respective careeers. Really good watch.
had an old VHS called the Fabulous Four and featured all of their respective bouts against each other , must say SR Leonard for me had everything , he was slick, quick ,amazing handspeed and footwork and could mix it up when needed
was very marketable and had he been around in this era would of made an absolute fortune , was surprised to hear about his issues which made some of his performances even more impressive

What is everyone’s favourite division atm??? Has the heavyweight division lost its mojo?

What is everyone’s favourite division atm??? Has the heavyweight division lost its mojo?
Hard to say really, they are all pretty cack at the moment.

The best are avoiding the best in most divisions.

Welter - Crawford and Spence will probably never happen

Lightweight - the supposed new 4 kings don’t seem to be doing a lot although Tank v Garcia is booked in. Whether it happens is a different story.

Middle/super middle - Canelo seems to do what he wants when he wants.

The one for me domestically and at world level that excites me is Light Heavy. You have good domestic level in Smith, Yarde, Buatsi etc and at world we are at some point going to see Bivol v Beterbiev.

Boxing is going through a bit of a **** time and just needs a real kick to get the interest back in.

Not be rude but these prima donnas wouldnt have lived with the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran , Cassius Clay, Frazier, and so many others back in there day

had an old VHS called the Fabulous Four and featured all of their respective bouts against each other , must say SR Leonard for me had everything , he was slick, quick ,amazing handspeed and footwork and could mix it up when needed
was very marketable and had he been around in this era would of made an absolute fortune , was surprised to hear about his issues which made some of his performances even more impressive
I had that video - awesome stuff.

I watched the Paul/Fury fight the weekend before last, and I thought it was alright. I would have scored it a draw - Fury was busier and threw a lot more punches but he never looked like hurting Jake. Fury was on his arse from a jab (there was an element of a slip but I thought it was a valid knockdown) - if Jake hits him with that overhand right, he's out.

Loosing interest in boxing, to much cheating, lying, corruption, and money.
This has been magnified by social media...there's always been cheating, lying, corruption in boxing - I would argue much less so now!

Boxing, at least to me, is the greatest sport - a boxer wipes the floor with any other athlete in terms of dedication and fitness.

Some fights over the years have got me as excited as some of the best moments I've experienced with Southend.

SUFC - Boxing - F1 - Darts (Football in general doesn't make my top 4!)

Not be rude but these prima donnas wouldnt have lived with the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran , Cassius Clay, Frazier, and so many others back in there day
Not forgetting Marciano! Modern day boxers just make up the bout cards, general depreciation in the quality of boxers with each passing year.

Not forgetting Marciano! Modern day boxers just make up the bout cards, general depreciation in the quality of boxers with each passing year.
Or Joe Louis ,there are so may others i could have mentioned, I would even put Manny Pacquiao in with them .

Back