• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Crolla vs Loma on Friday, cannot see anything other than a Loma win here. I would be surprised if it’s not a KO win too. Crolla has got some stones on him taking on Loma!

Then we have Khan v Crawford next weekend another one which I can only see going one way.

I suppose it’s good to see two brits hoping to cause the next massive upset. Unfortunately in the case of these two it would take an absolute miracle for either of them to win.

I’m not expecting much from Crolla. He got bullied by Linares, who isn’t (wasn’t) in Loma’s League. I’m expecting Crolla to be brave, but get stopped around the mid-rounds.

Khan gets so much stick, and in fairness a lot of it is deserved. But fair play to him, he takes on some incredible fights - even if there’s only a slim chance of him ever winning. I think Crawford wins on points.

I’m not expecting much from Crolla. He got bullied by Linares, who isn’t (wasn’t) in Loma’s League. I’m expecting Crolla to be brave, but get stopped around the mid-rounds.

Khan gets so much stick, and in fairness a lot of it is deserved. But fair play to him, he takes on some incredible fights - even if there’s only a slim chance of him ever winning. I think Crawford wins on points.

I’ve listened to a number of interviews with Crolla and Gallagher. They’re going on the hope that there is weaknesses there like when Linares floored Loma. I think Crolla will come out and try and turn it into a brawl but get caught in the early rounds. He’ll look on big trouble probably get dropped but hold it out until the mid rounds where Loma will get into 2nd gear and stop him without really being overly troubled.

Crawford can bang and has proved that up at Welter with KO wins over Benevidez and Horn. His KO of Indongo was brutal and he does carry the power up. I could see Khan getting chinned in the late rounds after looking pretty good in the early rounds ala the Canelo fight.

People give him **** say he is a ****house because he’s ducked Brook. He’s ‘ducked’ Brook to fight one of the best P4P fighters on the plant. Probably the most dangerous in the division. Yes he probably would have earned more to fight Brook but that fight will always be there for him. He has the chance to cause a huge upset and become a world champ again. I don’t like the guy (nothing to do with his race, religion etc) but hats off to him for taking the fight.

I’ve listened to a number of interviews with Crolla and Gallagher. They’re going on the hope that there is weaknesses there like when Linares floored Loma. I think Crolla will come out and try and turn it into a brawl but get caught in the early rounds. He’ll look on big trouble probably get dropped but hold it out until the mid rounds where Loma will get into 2nd gear and stop him without really being overly troubled.

Crawford can bang and has proved that up at Welter with KO wins over Benevidez and Horn. His KO of Indongo was brutal and he does carry the power up. I could see Khan getting chinned in the late rounds after looking pretty good in the early rounds ala the Canelo fight.

People give him **** say he is a ****house because he’s ducked Brook. He’s ‘ducked’ Brook to fight one of the best P4P fighters on the plant. Probably the most dangerous in the division. Yes he probably would have earned more to fight Brook but that fight will always be there for him. He has the chance to cause a huge upset and become a world champ again. I don’t like the guy (nothing to do with his race, religion etc) but hats off to him for taking the fight.

I don't like Khan either, think it was the twitter meltdown accusing his wife of sleeping with Anthony Joshua. I'd predict a KO as well, it's just what happens when Khan faces someone of that quality

I don't like Khan either, think it was the twitter meltdown accusing his wife of sleeping with Anthony Joshua. I'd predict a KO as well, it's just what happens when Khan faces someone of that quality

The Khan that was on I’m a Celebrity was a likeable idiot. Unfortunately that is not the same persona he puts on when it comes to boxing.

Loma is the ****ing bollocks! What a sensational guy to watch he gets better with every fight.

For anyone that hasn’t seen it:

I ended up watching it back twice more to admire his footwork and his movement. I tell you what Usyk is so similar to him I think he will be an absolute danger in the heavyweight. He might not have the power to carry up but he’ll outbox the lot of them.

For anyone that hasn’t seen it:

I ended up watching it back twice more to admire his footwork and his movement. I tell you what Usyk is so similar to him I think he will be an absolute danger in the heavyweight. He might not have the power to carry up but he’ll outbox the lot of them.

Thanks for posting that up, I did miss it so was great to watch, Lomachenko is some fighter.

Thanks for posting that up, I did miss it so was great to watch, Lomachenko is some fighter.

When you’re stuck for something to watch have a look at some of his other fights. His destroying of Walters, Sosa, Rigo and Linares are things of beauty. I could watch that man all day. If he decides to fight in the UK I’ll give me left testicle for a ticket.

Looks like Miller vs AJ could be off!

Lols. “Adverse sample” detected by VADA. Supposedly not the first time he’s been caught using PEDs either. What a moron.

I’m not sure how this will be handled. Miller shouldn’t be allowed to fight now. The fight should - and probably will - be scrapped, as the powers-that-be can’t be seen to allow this kind of thing to slide.

There’s a very very slim chance, they’ll allow the fight to proceed, whilst “carrying out further investigations”, and ban him afterwards, retrospectively, which of course would be bollocks, especially considering it’s his second offence.

Hearn must be a bit worried. The date is 6 and a half weeks away, and if Miller isn’t allowed to fight, Hearn will have to choose between Joshua not fighting, or throwing in an absolute no-hoper (although you can argue that Miller already falls into that category)

You’d have thought he would have a back-up lined up - maybe Ortiz - but at short notice, I can’t see anyone of any clout wanting to take it on.

There is also the possibility that Joshua & Hearn agree to take the fight on anyway, but without the titles on the line, which still delivers the fight, but gives them an out, IF Joshua lost. Although I can’t see this happening, as the subject is too controversial not to treat it with the seriousness it warrants.

Khan to win this weekend is 9/1 with SkyBet

I fully, fully expect him to lose. But at those odds, it’s got to worth a flutter.

Lols. “Adverse sample” detected by VADA. Supposedly not the first time he’s been caught using PEDs either. What a moron.

I’m not sure how this will be handled. Miller shouldn’t be allowed to fight now. The fight should - and probably will - be scrapped, as the powers-that-be can’t be seen to allow this kind of thing to slide.

There’s a very very slim chance, they’ll allow the fight to proceed, whilst “carrying out further investigations”, and ban him afterwards, retrospectively, which of course would be bollocks, especially considering it’s his second offence.

Hearn must be a bit worried. The date is 6 and a half weeks away, and if Miller isn’t allowed to fight, Hearn will have to choose between Joshua not fighting, or throwing in an absolute no-hoper (although you can argue that Miller already falls into that category)

You’d have thought he would have a back-up lined up - maybe Ortiz - but at short notice, I can’t see anyone of any clout wanting to take it on.

There is also the possibility that Joshua & Hearn agree to take the fight on anyway, but without the titles on the line, which still delivers the fight, but gives them an out, IF Joshua lost. Although I can’t see this happening, as the subject is too controversial not to treat it with the seriousness it warrants.

Lucky that card has Katie Taylor going for her unification on it which in all honesty as much as women’s boxing doesn’t interest me should be a main event.

They brought Takam in last minute when Pulev pulled out, if he got Ortiz in that would be a massive risk!

**** it cancel the Usyk v Takam fight and chuck Usyk in there! Loma would!

Lucky that card has Katie Taylor going for her unification on it which in all honesty as much as women’s boxing doesn’t interest me should be a main event.

They brought Takam in last minute when Pulev pulled out, if he got Ortiz in that would be a massive risk!

**** it cancel the Usyk v Takam fight and chuck Usyk in there! Loma would!

Ortiz - Joshua would be a decent scrap.

Granted, Ortiz is a relic, and his tank only lasts 5-6 rounds, but he’s got a chance of catching Joshua cold.

Fights officially off Miller has been denied a licence.

It’s worth repeating, this is the second time Miller had been caught using Performance Enhancing Drugs.

He could literally kill someone, he should never be allowed to earn money from this sport again.

Well, I wonder who Eddie turns to now.

Three names have been cropping up;

- Luis Ortiz: rumour is he’s turned the fight down, as six weeks just isn’t long enough for him to get into shape.

And let’s face it, he’s not in shape, even when he is in shape

Although in fairness, at the grand old age of 94, Ortiz can’t be getting too picky about when he gets a crack at Joshua’s World Titles

- Manuel Charr: would be a terrible, one-sided fight. Charr has had three fights, in the last three years. One of which, was a points victory against that Seferi bloke, who Fury stopped in 4.

I won’t lie, I was quite shocked about this particular rumour, because In my mind, this is utterly bonkers.

- Adam Kownacki (nope, no idea) being mentioned in certain circles. He’s a lumpy unbeaten Pole, fighting out of NYC, America, who can hit apparently.

The only known names on his resume, are Charles Martin & Szpilka.

Everyone looking for that Joshua payday....

....everyone except the genuine contenders

Back