• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bizarre win that but let’s be honest Crawford was schooling him and Khan had no chance.

It reminded me of Ward Kovalev II, the fight was beaten out of him and he was looking for an out.

I think this might be the fight that might make Khan look twice at what he's got left. In the past he's always been able to convince himself that he's been winning fights and just got caught. But this time he's come up against a fight whose been able to adapt to different fighting styles, and his timing just nullified Khan's biggest weapon. He may look at one last payday against Brook, but Brook is another who has good timing and power behind it, so Khan may just call it a day.

It reminded me of Ward Kovalev II, the fight was beaten out of him and he was looking for an out.

I think this might be the fight that might make Khan look twice at what he's got left. In the past he's always been able to convince himself that he's been winning fights and just got caught. But this time he's come up against a fight whose been able to adapt to different fighting styles, and his timing just nullified Khan's biggest weapon. He may look at one last payday against Brook, but Brook is another who has good timing and power behind it, so Khan may just call it a day.

Haha that would be ultimate trolling from Khan.

Brook: you’ve got nowhere else to go, fight me!

Khan: **** it, I quit.

And tbh, I wouldn’t mind that. Brook doesn’t deserve another big payday.

The proposed fight isn’t that great in any case. Neither are in their prime, Plus they’re both finished at Elite/World Level, so really what’s the point, aside from Brook & Hearn making money?

And when you consider it’s a manufactured rivalry to begin with, I wonder how anyone would really care about it?

These fake, bad-blood-rivalries have been done to death on the British scene. Don’t get me wrong, I love a real grudge match, but we haven’t seen one of them for years. Some of these (PPV) events that have been rammed down people’s throats is embarrassing.

The Khan-Brook rivalry is prime example, and has always been farcical. It belongs in the same category as the likes of Campbell-Coyle or Bellew-Clev.

Haha that would be ultimate trolling from Khan.

Brook: you’ve got nowhere else to go, fight me!

Khan: **** it, I quit.

And tbh, I wouldn’t mind that. Brook doesn’t deserve another big payday.

The proposed fight isn’t that great in any case. Neither are in their prime, Plus they’re both finished at Elite/World Level, so really what’s the point, aside from Brook & Hearn making money?

And when you consider it’s a manufactured rivalry to begin with, I wonder how anyone would really care about it?

These fake, bad-blood-rivalries have been done to death on the British scene. Don’t get me wrong, I love a real grudge match, but we haven’t seen one of them for years. Some of these (PPV) events that have been rammed down people’s throats is embarrassing.

The Khan-Brook rivalry is prime example, and has always been farcical. It belongs in the same category as the likes of Campbell-Coyle or Bellew-Clev.

Don’t forget Bellew and Haye, Chisora and Whyte!

Oh I'm fairly sure Bellew genuinely hated Cleverly, really hated him. It was weird, it was like a switch in him. He's a little more controlled now, but if you wanted to set Bellew off, just mention Clev he went full ******** in seconds - and I know that wasn't hard for Bellew.

But agree with the overall sentiment, the manufactured rivalries, and PPV are pretty insulting, there was one recently around stable mates, who suddenly denied being mates and said they hated each other, it was painful to watch.

Got a confirmed and then another potential domestic dust up coming up for the Heavyweight division.

Allen v Price has been confirmed for the Whyte v Rivas PPV (disgraceful) undercard. Then with Joe Joyce signing with FW the chances of an encounter with Joyce and Dubois has increased. The BBBoC have mandated Joyce to face Dubois for the British title so it will happen.

Not expecting any of those 4 to really set the world alight but with FW and EH seemingly sending the majority of their talented fighters to fight in the US we have to settle for the dregs and I suppose this is the best we can expect to see.

Joshua to announce his replacement for Miller tomorrow expect it to be either Hunter or Ruiz.

Oh I'm fairly sure Bellew genuinely hated Cleverly, really hated him. It was weird, it was like a switch in him. He's a little more controlled now, but if you wanted to set Bellew off, just mention Clev he went full ******** in seconds - and I know that wasn't hard for Bellew.

But agree with the overall sentiment, the manufactured rivalries, and PPV are pretty insulting, there was one recently around stable mates, who suddenly denied being mates and said they hated each other, it was painful to watch.

Think you’re referring to Luke Campbell & Tommy Coyle? That was shameful.

This is why I don’t buy Bellew (and never have)..

Give him his dues, he’s not a stupid man. He’s dumb, but he’s not stupid. He knows what to say, and when to say it to garner maximum interest.

Think back to the Stephenson fight, where he claimed he was ready to die in the ring. People tuned in, specifically to see this tough Scouser, who was ready to go toe-to-toe with the fearsome puncher Stephenson. Only for that same Scouser to quit in the 5th round ?. But hey, he got interest.

Now think about Haye. There was absolutely no animosity between them at all. Until Haye made a fleeting comeback, which suddenly sparked off Bellew’s interest. I distinctly remember one of his fights, where Haye was ringside, doing commentary, and during the post-fight stuff, was trying to get out of the ring to get Haye ?? up until then, there was no beef between them.

As for the Clev stunt, Bellew once again, had created the rivalry in his head. Every interview he had back then, all he could talk about was wanting to violently hurt Clev.

Meanwhile after the fight, Bellew was more than happy to hug him, kiss him & sing his praises.

Joker

Joshua vs Andy Ruiz Jr confirmed from a reliable source.

Ruiz Jr fought Safety Pin Johnson last year, and beat him on points, over ten rounds.

The same Safety Pin Johnson, who got stopped in two rounds, by Joshua, four years ago.

I’m not saying they definitely could have got a better opponent, but this one is abysmal.

For those betting, lump on a grouped-round stoppage bet, for rounds 1-3. It’s @ 7/2 with SkyBet.

It’s like printing money

Ruiz Jr fought Safety Pin Johnson last year, and beat him on points, over ten rounds.

The same Safety Pin Johnson, who got stopped in two rounds, by Joshua, four years ago.

I’m not saying they definitely could have got a better opponent, but this one is abysmal.

For those betting, lump on a grouped-round stoppage bet, for rounds 1-3. It’s @ 7/2 with SkyBet.

It’s like printing money

Also lost to Joseph Parker on points. The Miller fight was a **** fight but this is an even ****ter fight! I’d preferred to have seen the Hunter fight. It fits with Hearn’s plans, he bowls over a **** American in stunning fashion and he starts to excite the casual US fans. This then gives them the opportunity to push for the Wilder v Joshua fight and makes it sell bigger.

I think Hearn is finally realising that the money is in the US. He gets Joshua as a known name out there a fight in the US Wilder v Joshua does big money. Bigger than if they fought in the UK at Wembley.

Canelo vs Jacobs this weekend, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

Heart wants Jacobs, head says Canelo. I don’t think he will knock him out but he will by a convincing points win. Even if he outboxes Canelo he won’t win on points as we all know what Canelo and judges decisions are like.

Hope it’s a barnstormer!

Canelo vs Jacobs this weekend, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

Heart wants Jacobs, head says Canelo. I don’t think he will knock him out but he will by a convincing points win. Even if he outboxes Canelo he won’t win on points as we all know what Canelo and judges decisions are like.

Hope it’s a barnstormer!

Unlike Canelo, I actually think Jacobs won his fight against GGG. To be fair the GGG that turned up to fight Jacobs was a pale shadow of the one who fought Canelo x2.

I'm with you, I like Jacobs, he's quick, uses the ring well, but Canelo is strong and his timing is so good. Comfortable points win for Canelo, as much as I'd love to see Jacobs do it.

For those who aren't aware of who Daniel Jacobs is he fought for a world title and then got diagnosed with Bone Cancer. He recovered and has since won a world title. Which is why his nickname is the Miracle Man.

The WBC have called Loma v Campbell and Eddie Hearn thinks he can win :ROFL:

Canelo put in yet another masterclass on Saturday against Jacobs. Will be interesting to see where he goes next talks of Callum Smith or BJS and also Kovalev :Stunned:. Shame he’s still a dirty drug cheat otherwise he would be one of the greatest.

Unfortunately the best heavyweight fight of the year that has been announced has now been called off. Usyk v Takam is off due to Usyk getting injured, shame as I could've seen Usyk winning and then taking on Joshua.

Dubois vs Gorman just been announced for the British Heavyweight Title!

The winner to take on Joe Joyce, good couple of knocks there on the domestic scene. Hope Dubois comes through both these fights as I personally think he’s mustard.

Fury has said he will fight Whyte next if it’s ordered. I like that fight, think it will be a good fight and probably be the best of the year at heavy.

Hell of a statement by Wilder who KO’s Breazeale in one round. It took Joshua 7 hard rounds before knocking him out.

Hell of a statement by Wilder who KO’s Breazeale in one round. It took Joshua 7 hard rounds before knocking him out.

Never mind that, did anyone see the WBSS fights, Inoue again cementing his status as a P4P top five fighter, Burnett gonna be in a world of trouble if he gets through.

Taylor was in a good fight, first real test, and definitely knew he was in a fight, deserved the nod thanks to the knock downs.

Back