• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Never mind that, did anyone see the WBSS fights, Inoue again cementing his status as a P4P top five fighter, Burnett gonna be in a world of trouble if he gets through.

Taylor was in a good fight, first real test, and definitely knew he was in a fight, deserved the nod thanks to the knock downs.

Burnett? He lost to Donaire through injury. Then Tete got injured so it’s Donaire in the final against Inoue. He has super freakish power for such a small weight! I’d like to see him against Tete or Burnett. He beats them all!

Taylor is the business but I really don’t think he is good enough to beat Prograis who is the best in the division.

An Audience with Tyson Fury at the Cliffs Pavilion Weds 26th June.

So who is going

Link

I was planning on it but by the time I got to the tickets all the good ones had sold.

Speaking of Fury has everyone seen his brother Tommy who made his professional boxing debut this year is going on Love Island. A lot of people kicking off about it, I personally think it’s great exposure for him and will get him recognised. Because all he is known for at the moment is being Tyson Fury’s brother.

Burnett? He lost to Donaire through injury. Then Tete got injured so it’s Donaire in the final against Inoue. He has super freakish power for such a small weight! I’d like to see him against Tete or Burnett. He beats them all!

Taylor is the business but I really don’t think he is good enough to beat Prograis who is the best in the division.

I watched that Burnett fight!!! I'll have a lay down now.

I was planning on it but by the time I got to the tickets all the good ones had sold.

Speaking of Fury has everyone seen his brother Tommy who made his professional boxing debut this year is going on Love Island. A lot of people kicking off about it, I personally think it’s great exposure for him and will get him recognised. Because all he is known for at the moment is being Tyson Fury’s brother.

Anthony Agogo had a similar idea, and for a brief moment, it didn’t seem to be a terrible one.

Problem is, If you’re going to market yourself to a more casual audience, via these reality TV abominations, then you simply must be able to deliver when the time comes.

Unfortunately for Agogo, he couldn’t.

Truth be told, for the lad of his current standing, to abandon his training and learning, to go onto this crap programme, it tells me all I need to know about his mentality, and his chance of prospering in the fight business

AJ vs some guy this weekend.

I originally said that SkyBet we’re offering 7/2 for an AJ stoppage win on rounds 1-3. Those odds have come down to 2/1 now, however, it’s still like printing money

I originally said that SkyBet we’re offering 7/2 for an AJ stoppage win on rounds 1-3. Those odds have come down to 2/1 now, however, it’s still like printing money

If it ends in anything more than that then it’s a huge failure for AJ!

As for Tommy Fury the lads only 20 it’s not like he’s anywhere near his peak. It would be no different to a fighter of his age getting an injury that kept him out for 2-3 months. He’s had 2 pro fights and no doubt FW will push him when he finishes his time on the island. He will then have a huge profile from all the non boxing fans. The Agogo one worked in principal but unfortunately his eyes took a bashing and he has to give up boxing. Tommy Fury is at the start and has absolutely nothing to lose from this.

Yeah 2/1 is decent odds for Joshua rounds 1-3, I generally only bet when I am watching an event and I don't think i'll be staying up or getting up for this one. Might still put £50 on it though.

I can't see me ever wanting anyone who has gone on love island to do anything but fail miserably. I don't understand it tbh, like he wouldn't get enough exposure for being Fury's brother?? This to me is someone who wants to be famous, not someone who wants to be a boxer

Yeah 2/1 is decent odds for Joshua rounds 1-3, I generally only bet when I am watching an event and I don't think i'll be staying up or getting up for this one. Might still put £50 on it though.

I can't see me ever wanting anyone who has gone on love island to do anything but fail miserably. I don't understand it tbh, like he wouldn't get enough exposure for being Fury's brother?? This to me is someone who wants to be famous, not someone who wants to be a boxer

Precisey. Someone who’s looking to make a few quid, from doing the bare minimum.

I don’t want to stereotype here, but Billy Joe Saunders was exactly the same, and to a lesser extent, Tyson Fury started off with a similar mindset.

(Both of those fighters - eventually - got the kick up the arse that they needed, to push on in their careers. However, they wasted a lot of time doing sod all, and it’s undeniably stunted their careers).

The young lad clearly displays this mindset, that’s he’s not overly bothered about excelling in the sport. I know he’s young, as @Ricey has said, but this is the precise time for him to be learning his craft, and not necessarily through fighting.

He’s got the opportunity to be in-and-around a great gym, with some decent boxers & some excellent trainers. But instead he’s chose a relatively small sum of cash, a holiday & Z-list celebrity status, instead.

Can you imagine Iron Mike telling Cus D’Amato that he can’t train for a while, as he’s off to do a television show?

As for Tommy Fury the lads only 20 it’s not like he’s anywhere near his peak. It would be no different to a fighter of his age getting an injury that kept him out for 2-3 months.

Agreed, he’s nowhere near peak, but he is at that age where his learning capabilities are like a sponge, and he should be absorbing every bit of knowledge that he can.

When you add into the equation, who he has around him, it makes it look even dafter that he would turn his nose up at that, in search of a quick buck & a holiday.

You see, it’s not the point that he’ll only be away for a while, it’s the deeper issue, that he’s actively chosen to be away for a while. That just doesn’t scream ‘ambition’ to reach the top table, of this sport

Precisey. Someone who’s looking to make a few quid, from doing the bare minimum.

I don’t want to stereotype here, but Billy Joe Saunders was exactly the same, and to a lesser extent, Tyson Fury started off with a similar mindset.

(Both of those fighters - eventually - got the kick up the arse that they needed, to push on in their careers. However, they wasted a lot of time doing sod all, and it’s undeniably stunted their careers).

The young lad clearly displays this mindset, that’s he’s not overly bothered about excelling in the sport. I know he’s young, as @Ricey has said, but this is the precise time for him to be learning his craft, and not necessarily through fighting.

He’s got the opportunity to be in-and-around a great gym, with some decent boxers & some excellent trainers. But instead he’s chose a relatively small sum of cash, a holiday & Z-list celebrity status, instead.

Can you imagine Iron Mike telling Cus D’Amato that he can’t train for a while, as he’s off to do a television show?

Iron Mike on Love Island, now that would be scary for everyone else on the show, Male and female!

Agreed, he’s nowhere near peak, but he is at that age where his learning capabilities are like a sponge, and he should be absorbing every bit of knowledge that he can.

When you add into the equation, who he has around him, it makes it look even dafter that he would turn his nose up at that, in search of a quick buck & a holiday.

You see, it’s not the point that he’ll only be away for a while, it’s the deeper issue, that he’s actively chosen to be away for a while. That just doesn’t scream ‘ambition’ to reach the top table, of this sport

Maybe he knows he’s not going to be at the top and is getting into it because his cousin and older brother have both done it. I’ve seen both his fights and I know they chuck them in against Hungarian taxi drivers to start but he didn’t look overly impressive. He’s the complete opposite of Hughie and Tyson as he is very muscular. I’m pretty sure he was into aesthetic modelling prior to giving boxing a go at pro. He’s just raising his profile incase he doesn’t make it in boxing and you can’t fault the guy for that. They’ll make any two bob mug famous these days.

Look at the sort of crowds Khan picked up off the back of I’m a celebrity. It’s certainly a profile raiser. Will certainly do FW’s ticket sales good for any bill they put him on.

Professionally probably not the best move but for profile it can’t do him no harm. Love Island is a very popular show and the exposure he will get before, during and after will make him a star.

AJ looks an absolute unit. Wild Boar diet, anyone? :Winking: :Whistling:

(Side note: I’d be amazed if AJ could last 12 rounds)

Ruiz on the other hand... errrm. Nearly 20st at a height of 5”10. I know he hasn’t had long to prepare, but still.

Final thoughts before the opening bell; Ruiz has zero movement, and is at his heaviest weight since 2014. He will be sluggish & rooted to the spot.

He’s also very susceptible to a right hand straight down the barrel. Despite having a tough chin, he’ll be in against the hardest hitter he’s ever fought.

Here’s how I see it; AJ will walk him down during the first round, allowing him to throw shots. But AJ’s size & reach advantage will be telling, to the point that Ruiz won’t be able to close the gap and will barely land anything. AJ will catch him late on in the round and buzz him hard.

He either finishes it there and then, or it goes into the second round, where AJ batters him into submission. A gassed Ruiz will either hit the canvas hard, or the ref will wave it off.

AJ looks an absolute unit. Wild Boar diet, anyone? :Winking::Whistling:

(Side note: I’d be amazed if AJ could last 12 rounds)

Ruiz on the other hand... errrm. Nearly 20st at a height of 5”10. I know he hasn’t had long to prepare, but still.

Final thoughts before the opening bell; Ruiz has zero movement, and is at his heaviest weight since 2014. He will be sluggish & rooted to the spot.

He’s also very susceptible to a right hand straight down the barrel. Despite having a tough chin, he’ll be in against the hardest hitter he’s ever fought.

Here’s how I see it; AJ will walk him down during the first round, allowing him to throw shots. But AJ’s size & reach advantage will be telling, to the point that Ruiz won’t be able to close the gap and will barely land anything. AJ will catch him late on in the round and buzz him hard.

He either finishes it there and then, or it goes into the second round, where AJ batters him into submission. A gassed Ruiz will either hit the canvas hard, or the ref will wave it off.

But he’s got the fastest hands in the heavyweight division! (We need a roll eyes smiley) This Fight was doomed from the off, they should’ve gone for Michael Hunter a much more live opponent. AJ needs a knockout highlight reel finish. If this goes more than 3 rounds then it’s a massive loss for AJ.

On a side note what an absolute master stroke from Wilder and his team. Announcing he will have a rematch with Ortiz a couple of days ago. Everyone calling him a ****house and how he ducks everyone. Day of the weigh in announces the Fury rematch afterwards! You can’t deny that he is fighting decent fighters. If those fights go ahead he will have fought Ortiz, Fury, Breazeale, Ortiz, Fury. That’s a pretty impressive 5 fights. Hearn can moan all he wants about Wilder ‘ducking’ AJ but if the right money isn’t offered then why should he take the fight?

AJ hasn’t got a lot to go for him now for 2020, the only way he’ll get some credit is by fighting Whyte or Usyk.

Although now Hearn has signed Parker I could see a Joshua v Parker rematch. The only man to take him the distance.

Manny Pacquiao to fight an american opponent om July 20th,you heard it first here.

Oops!

Jesus. I’m not saying this is as big as the Douglas - Tyson upset..... but it’s not far off.

Back