• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Absolutely, why sugarcoat it! The guy was ****ed up and a ****er at times but on top of that he was the greatest fighter the world has ever seen!

My life goal is to visit his ranch and meet him.

Very rarely do I say this, but this film needs to be at least 2.5 hours, if not 3.

I want them to show Tyson living in an abandoned warehouse with his siblings as a child.

I want them to show the time Teddy Atlas pulled a gun on a teenage Tyson.

I want them to cover the stories regarding Tyson being jealous over Robin Gibbons’ “friendships” with Brad Pitt, Wesley Snipes & Michael Jordan.

I want them to give the true depth of the Desiree Washington case.

I want them to cover his friendship with Tupac.

I want them to cover the immense drug bender he went on, then night before the Buster Douglas fight.

I want them to reconstruct his beating of Don King, whilst driving down the highway.

And above all else, they’ve got to include The Whizzer.

Very rarely do I say this, but this film needs to be at least 2.5 hours, if not 3.

I want them to show Tyson living in an abandoned warehouse with his siblings as a child.

I want them to cover the stories regarding Tyson being jealous over Robin Gibbons’ “friendships” with Brad Pitt, Wesley Snipes & Michael Jordan.

I want them to cover the immense drug bender he went on, then night before the Buster Douglas fight.

I want them to reconstruct his beating of Don King, whilst driving down the highway.

The Teddy Atlas one is incredible I couldn’t believe it when I read it!

Don’t forget his love of pigeons.

Has everyone seen the back and forth on Twitter between Whyte and Fury.

I would put it all up but there is no point as I cannot put Whyte’s up as he blocked me. Why did he block me you ask? Well because I dared to criticise him for not taking the AJ fight when in conversation with someone on Twitter. ****ing ****house!

On the friendship with Tupac I have the espn 30 for 30 doc to watch on that. Seems to be some great boxing ones on there, just watched the one about the Ali v Holmes fight. And there is one about chuck wepner who is apparrently the inspiration for the rocky films.

On the friendship with Tupac I have the espn 30 for 30 doc to watch on that. Seems to be some great boxing ones on there, just watched the one about the Ali v Holmes fight. And there is one about chuck wepner who is apparrently the inspiration for the rocky films.

He is indeed, there is a film about him with Liev Schreiber playing Chuck Wepner called The Bleeder. Not only was he the inspiration for Rocky he also fought a bear!

He is indeed, there is a film about him with Liev Schreiber playing Chuck Wepner called The Bleeder. Not only was he the inspiration for Rocky he also fought a bear!
The espn 30 for 30 documentaries are really good. I've watched a few now:

The 2 escobars - about Pablo and Andres escobar and how the Colombian game benefited from drug money and the hyped expectation ahead of the 94 World Cup. Then obviously the own goal that Andres got killed for.

Straight outta LA - about the LA raiders/ oakland raiders and their link with gangsta rap and NWA directed by ice cube.

Muhammed and Larry - a look at the October 1980 Muhammad Ali–Larry Holmes fight and its impact on both fighters, featuring fresh interviews with participants and previously unseen lead-up footage from both camps. Really sad the impact it had on both fighters.

Looking forward to the Wepner one. If its good I'll give that film a look

The espn 30 for 30 documentaries are really good. I've watched a few now:

The 2 escobars - about Pablo and Andres escobar and how the Colombian game benefited from drug money and the hyped expectation ahead of the 94 World Cup. Then obviously the own goal that Andres got killed for.

Straight outta LA - about the LA raiders/ oakland raiders and their link with gangsta rap and NWA directed by ice cube.

Muhammed and Larry - a look at the October 1980 Muhammad Ali–Larry Holmes fight and its impact on both fighters, featuring fresh interviews with participants and previously unseen lead-up footage from both camps. Really sad the impact it had on both fighters.

Looking forward to the Wepner one. If its good I'll give that film a look

Its a very good film, I enjoyed it.

It’s funny I always use that question whenever I am tasked with being a quizmaster. Who was the inspiration for the character Rocky Balbao? And most of the time people say Muhammad Ali or Rocky Marciano. I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone get the answer right. The guy who plays Stallone in the film is actually really good.

Me and some pals drove to hamburg for that fight,i nearly didn;t make it as ended up downing a pint of redbull and vodka after spending 90 Eurs paying to get into a awful bar in the repperbhaun , walked in , wanted to walk out but had paid for 3 people to get in so i necked it .

Stadium was in a forest and it was p1ssing down all weekend, got out of a cab about half a mile away as you cant drive into the stadium and saw Eddie Hearn and his missus drenched .....she was not a happy bunny as had make up running down her face .

We paid for standing tickets and all the punters that spent £1500 plus for ringside jumped ship and come and stood with us brits as there was minimal cover , great atmosphere to start with albeit a poor undercard and the fight itself was a massive let down

3 quarters of the brits walked out before they announced the score cards it was that one sided !!

Never liked Haye after that
BTW Hamburg is one crazy place

Any thoughts guys about all this Tyson Fury glove scandal that's growing. They're trying to work out how Wilder got some unusual head injuries including a small dent in the skull. One of Fury's team pulls the wire on the dressing room camera just as Fury is about to put his gloves on, which was a strange thing to do, and obviously not allowed. Now they are showing photo's from the fight that show there wasn't enough padding in his gloves and you see his fingers and knuckles impressions, but of course these could be doctored to suit their theory. Not enough padding, is almost as bad as putting something hard in the glove. Fury has admitted to dipping his hands in petrol every day leading up to the fight, an old gypsy tradition that hardens the hands, as the petrol draws out moisture and oils in the hands. Not illegal, but would make a difference with not much padding. On Fury's defence, he said there was a guy from Wilders corner in the room, along with Las Vegas state commission guys in the room as he put the gloves on. Me personally, I think there was some strange things going on with the camera business, but I think there was nothing wrong with the gloves, and I think he won fair and square, dominating the fight and a worthy winner.
On a side note, I think Fury was caught out gaining an edge in his first fight with Wilder, when his left jabbing glove was not on correctly, gaining a little length in the jab, and making slaps able to do more damage. He also wore the Everlast MX in the first fight, which some boxers refuse to fight against because they don't have much padding. They should be banned.

Last edited:
Any thoughts guys about all this Tyson Fury glove scandal that's growing. They're trying to work out how Wilder got some unusual head injuries including a small dent in the skull. One of Fury's team pulls the wire on the dressing room camera just as Fury is about to put his gloves on, which was a strange thing to do, and obviously not allowed. Now they are showing photo's from the fight that show there wasn't enough padding in his gloves and you see his fingers and knuckles impressions, but of course these could be doctored to suit their theory. Not enough padding, is almost as bad as putting something hard in the glove. Fury has admitted to dipping his hands in petrol every day leading up to the fight, an old gypsy tradition that hardens the hands, as the petrol draws out moisture and oils in the hands. Not illegal, but would make a difference with not much padding. On Fury's defence, he said there was a guy from Wilders corner in the room, along with Las Vegas state commission guys in the room as he put the gloves on. Me personally, I think there was some strange things going on with the camera business, but I think there was nothing wrong with the gloves, and I think he won fair and square, dominating the fight and a worthy winner.
On a side note, I think Fury was caught out gaining an edge in his first fight with Wilder, when his left jabbing glove was not on correctly, gaining a little length in the jab, and making slaps able to do more damage. He also wore the Everlast MX in the first fight, which some boxers refuse to fight against because they don't have much padding. They should be banned.

I’ll tell you exactly what it is... absolute drivel! Wilder needs to have words with his brother because the suggestion is just laughable. The fact that it’s even being entertained is embarrassing.

Whenever a boxer gloves up a member of the oppositions team is there along with an official from the governing body. For this fight that was Jay Deas and the WBC. They check the gloves, check the wraps and the gloves are signed by the WBC representative. You’re telling me that Fury managed to alter his gloves or add something whilst those two are watching? Plus all of the cameras that are on him during the gloving up and before the ring walk!

This screams of Wilder and his team being bitter and trying to find any excuse for his awful display! He got battered and in all honesty doesn’t really deserve a rematch because Fury has now beaten him twice! First he blamed the weight of his suit and now these rumours it’s a load of rubbish and shouldn’t be entertained.

Some people are just bad losers,they think their invincible,then someone comes along and shows them to be just human and they hate it and look for excuses.A true champion would admit Fury was just too good on the day and go back train harder and do his best to improve .

Some people are just bad losers,they think their invincible,then someone comes along and shows them to be just human and they hate it and look for excuses.A true champion would admit Fury was just too good on the day and go back train harder and do his best to improve .

Something you’ll never get from Wilder!

Mike Tyson v Roy Jones Jr in an exhibition fight 12th of September!

Reactions: GBJ
Just watched Joe Joyce dispatch Michael Wallisch over on BT. Expected of course, Wallisch was never up to much.

Saying that, he did put a couple looping right hands on Joyce. Not sure who Joe is trained by now but he is still as stiff as ever and leaks unnecessary shots. Which makes me even more convinced Daniel Dubois has Joyces number.

Reactions: GBJ
Back