• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What do you mean 'don't start on another reason to moan'?

I'm not making it up, it's there in black and white. It's not my fault it's right there and just happens to be ANOTHER reason to question the inner workings of our club. Was it they weren't good enough? Well they seemed to do pretty well in their league last season.
Was it money related? Wouldn't surprise me

I was merely pointing out DtS said we were investing in youth, i questioned how we were doing this, when we release several promising youngsters

Because, if you look at how all professional clubs run their youth systems, there isn't ANOTHER reason to question the inner workings of the club.

What was in Black and White was a) we released some youth players, b) we were told they weren't good enough. Not surprisingly this is how clubs all over the world operate.

We are investing in youth, as DtS said, by picking those with real potential and hopefully developing them into good quality professionals (and valuable assets).

The Chairman's comment is reassuring in that it does suggest that we will be looking to bring in a player or players on loan.
I take his point about the Echo's sensationalising-something they have done before.
However, I hope that the club will admit that this week was not one of their finest PR efforts, with no explanation from any one who matters until now, and will keep us better informed rather than offering the arrogant and offhand brush off that Mr King gave.
Let's wait to see what is said at the AGM about the finances, and what happens over the next week or so about new loanees.

P.S. Not just another striker please. A few defenders, and a winger a la Mark Gower would be useful!

The Chairman's comment is reassuring in that it does suggest that we will be looking to bring in a player or players on loan.
I take his point about the Echo's sensationalising-something they have done before.
However, I hope that the club will admit that this week was not one of their finest PR efforts, with no explanation from any one who matters until now, and will keep us better informed rather than offering the arrogant and offhand brush off that Mr King gave.
Let's wait to see what is said at the AGM about the finances, and what happens over the next week or so about new loanees.

P.S. Not just another striker please. A few defenders, and a winger a la Mark Gower would be useful!
Yes - the chairman's remarks about Revell were a model of how it should have been done in the first place. I have only two problems with what he wrote.
1) Starting the statement by laying into the Echo was a bit disingenuous. Yes, the Echo must take a lot of responsibility for the Spencer Prior fiasco but King's statement was on our own website.
2) What does he mean when he says that King's remarks were 'generic'? Did he mean genetic?!

Last edited:
Yes - the chairman's remarks about Revell were a model of how it should have been done in the first place. I have only two problems with what he wrote.
1) Starting the statement by laying into the Echo was a bit disingenuous. Yes, the Echo must take a lot of responsibility for the Spencer Prior fiasco but King's statement was on our own website.
2) What does he mean when he says that King's remarks were 'generic'??? Did he mean genetic?!!

He got the word ending in "ic", but he meant moronic.

Back